Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

This issue was weaker than my girl Karma in most of the fights she's involved in. I think there's too much characters now, the fact that the story is overcrowded will prevent most characters from getting any serious character development. I would have LOVED to see the initial crew innovate or asspull their way through things by using their brains and adapting to new situation.

5/10, I just liked Tabby and Dani.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    This issue was weaker than my girl Karma in most of the fights she's involved in. I think there's too much characters now, the fact that the story is overcrowded will prevent most characters from getting any serious character development. I would have LOVED to see the initial crew innovate or asspull their way through things by using their brains and adapting to new situation.

the shaaade whyyyy poor Karma.

I agree that I want the OGs to be prominent or have some development. And I'm pretty sure that Brissonn doesn't know that Dani has a similar powerset to Wildside but like much better than him lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She did but I would still agree that she has a long history with them as it goes back to the late 80s over 30 years ago and was reinforced in her X-Force appearances throughout the 90s

X-force even retconned as being a New Mutant back when Magneto and Xavier (and Cable) were headmasters! LOL
    I didn't realize how much the New Mutants crew is sorely missing Adam Pollina. His art would instantly make this book so stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Maybe it's just me. but I feel like most of y'all are overblowing the inclusion of people like Glob, the twins and Armor.

Glob is in the book for like two pages, and he's only there to let Magik know where the New Mutants(most of who are all the classic new mutants) are and the situation with the evil news.

Most of this book is focused on either Dani or Cypher, or how foreign countries view mutants trying to help in a very classic X-men like way.

Feels like most of y'all got a case of bitch eating crackers.

Like y'all are SO MAD over nothing
    Whoa! It’s Wanda as a child!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    the shaaade whyyyy poor Karma.

I agree that I want the OGs to be prominent or have some development. And I'm pretty sure that Brissonn doesn't know that Dani has a similar powerset to Wildside but like much better than him lol
    Dani's dream powers were only used during her earliest days, but that was overpowered by her Valkryie power and later her powers morphed into a psychic arrow and bow.

Yes, you are right, if I remember correctly, Dani can pull bad dreams and good dreams so she should be the one reaching the Russian girl instead of Wildside.

But I do like the bitchy dialogue between Wildside and some New Mutants. LOL

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While not a bad issue...we just get a rehash of the exact same thing that happened in the previous issue. Mutants show up to help, they get sucked in to the nightmare. That said...while the main plot point didn't move an inch (Boo!)...I liked the focus on the corrupt Prime Minister doling out his fake news spin (I'm hoping it's addressed in some way and it blows up in his stupid face) and the Magik/Glob scene.
    Plus Flaviano's art is definitely growing on me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Maybe it's just me. but I feel like most of y'all are overblowing the inclusion of people like Glob, the twins and Armor.

Glob is in the book for like two pages, and he's only there to let Magik know where the New Mutants(most of who are all the classic new mutants) are and the situation with the evil news.

Most of this book is focused on either Dani or Cypher, or how foreign countries view mutants trying to help in a very classic X-men like way.

Feels like most of y'all got a case of bitch eating crackers.

Like y'all are SO MAD over nothing
    I understand the Glob hate not because I do but when writers use him it's always in such forgettable and contrived reasons. He's recent writers favorite joke character but then they don't do anything with him.
    I couldn't tell you a single thing about him and I've read Extraordinary X-men, TAOXM, and the currently title, don't think he's a bad character he just usually serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post

...what we not gone do is drag Karma into this mediocrity, hasn't she suffered enough?

Amazing Member

...what we not gone do is drag Karma into this mediocrity, hasn't she suffered enough
    You know what would have been hella good writings?
    This: Karma braining her way through things. Like, after being forcefully connected with the nightmare mutant (that we're going to name Nightmare maker), Karma loses control of her body, fortunately for the new mutants, Karma's brother Tran kicks in. Karma starts fighting mentally with the bastard to stay in control but the two siblings comes to a temporary amnesty and accept working together: Karma is able to reach the mind of nightmare maker, while Tran is able to reach Dani's.

Karma discovers that the little girl, just like Karma, has two minds inside of her: The little girl's and Nightmare maker's. Nightmare makers tries to consumes Karma's mind, but the young woman stands her ground, but at each attack, her body starts to de desintegrate into Nightmare maker's. Despite the beast's warning, the little girl accepts to cooperate.

Giornoe theme kicks in.

Inside the monster's body are orbs. They are created by consuming the life energy of its captives. Karma's shares her information with Tran, who shares them with Dani. The huntress pulls her bow, aims at wherever the voice in her head tells her, but she can't penetrate Nightmare maker. Here's when Boom Boom comes into play. Using her exceptional skills, Dani shoots a first arrow, except this time, it is immediately followed by one of Tabby's booms! Before Nightmare maker can even flinch, the huntress effectively fires another arrow, touching the orb.

This is when the games changes: Nightmare maker turns agressive, proceeds to fire a multitude of cables. Whoever they touches turns into Nightmare maker slaves/zombies. The cables quickly make their way outside to the armed soldiers, rendering them into zombies. In no time, they open fire on the two mutants who are now stuck with Nightmare maker and the zombies. Then MAYBE comes reinforcement but some of them are turned into zombies in the process.

Slash forward: Tran ass pull his way into controlling Nightmare maker's body, and becomes a major threat to the Marvel universe with his diverse powers. He starts turning all of Eastern Europe into hordes of zombies and everyone has to deal with his antics.

How's that for action?
    Last edited by Pallas; 06-13-2020 at 03:03 PM.

i didnt like the 1st books Ed did for New mutants..

but now looks like hes coming around..

im enjoying this arc.. plus the artwork is amazing

This book is too poorly paced for me to justify subscribing to it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    i didnt like the 1st books Ed did for New mutants..

but now looks like hes coming around..

im enjoying this arc.. plus the artwork is amazing
    This arc is definitely better than the first Ed Brisson's arc with Angel and Beak etc. but the pace is too slow and there's not much action or character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was dull. Not sure why Wildside is necessary, Dani or Karma should be able to do anything he can but better. Why did they send Mondo into the dream space instead of having him act as anchor? The foreign government stuff wasn't interesting and the Glob scene was a complete waste of space. It seemed like there were a few speech balloons pointed to the wrong characters. Flaviano is good at the nightmare stuff, but I don't like the way he draws these characters. Everything in this book since the space arc feels like filler.
    I swear when Wild side was introduced he was described as a reality warper. And then it changed to being able to warp people's perception of reality to now just illusion casting.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I swear when Wild side was introduced he was described as a reality warper. And then it changed to being able to warp people's perception of reality to now just illusion casting.
    He was never a reality warper. The description of his powers were that he could distort reality but that effect was only mental as he distorted his targets' perception of reality. In that first appearance he was able to mask the MLF by making them invisible to his targets

In X-men Blue, Mothervine altered his powers, making them stronger to the point where he could create solid hallucinations

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yeah i figure that kind of happens to c,d, e level characters that are used by different writers. I feel like writer tweak power for their needs vs thinking about how things could work with the actual power given. The editors need a hand book with characters looks, background, history, and powers in it so folks dont just change it up at whim. I have always known wildside from back in the x force days as manipulating the perceptions of reality I never remember him being an outright reality warper myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yeah i figure that kind of happens to c,d, e level characters that are used by different writers. I feel like writer tweak power for their needs vs thinking about how things could work with the actual power given. The editors need a hand book with characters looks, background, history, and powers in it so folks dont just change it up at whim. I have always known wildside from back in the x force days as manipulating the perceptions of reality I never remember him being an outright reality warper myself.
    Hmmmm maybe I just imagined it then!