Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default New Mutants #10 review spoilers

Doug brings in Armor, Wolfsbane, Mondo and surprise Wildside to rescue the team.

Wildside managed to get on the nerves of Boom-Boom and Dani by criticizing the New Mutants team.

Armor begin to envelope Doug, Mondo, Wildside in her force field and goes into the Russian girl's black world.

Dani tied a rope to Armor just in case the team need to be yanked back from the black world. The plan was to let Wildside inject the Russian mutant with good dreams instead of the nightmare she is having now.

Before Wildside manage to inject the good dreams, the Russian girl wakes up and snares Armor together with everybody in her force field into her nightmarish world.

The rope that connected Dani to Armor was snapped into two so now Doug's team is also stuck in the Russian mutant nightmarish world.

Dani, Wolfsbane and Boom-Boom are still on the outside world because they didn't go in but the president ordered his army to arrest the three remaining New Mutants.

Armor sees her dead mum and dead brother in the cliffhanger which is probably her dream.

Cons:

Magik came back from the Moon and found Glob alone making vegetarian Laksa broth for the New Mutants team. The team has already left before Magik arrived. Brisson has a whole page dedicated to vegetarian Laksa recipe! What a waste of page.

PS. Technically, it is an Eastern European country call Carnelia but I put in Russian here for simplicity sake.
    Last edited by ericng; 06-10-2020 at 07:56 AM.

I think the cast is a bit big so theres a lot of "standing room only" ... Wildside was right they weren't doing much but I'll leave that to the next issue ig
    Dani's powers could've solve the problem a lot easier . lol but its fine, plot n all that
    hit or miss dialogue, not always as charming as it thinks it is but there're fun moments

now that the negatives are out of the way...
    the poltergeist manoeuvre was the fun kind of convoluted
    the glob and yana interlude was actually pretty nice, esp the art. Flaviano's American gothic chickens won me
    im interested to see where the mutant dox stuff goes
    always love to see Dani leading even if .. yeah. I see her kicking into gear in the next one

basically - decent issue . a nice lil diversion

They went in with a cable, not expecting it to rip? Dumb

The issue itself wasnt bad but the plotting could have been better

Fantastic Member

Anyone notice how Thicc Tabby was looking on at least one page in the issue? Anyway, when did she learn Russian? Odd that Illyana wasn't called in for that.

I actually liked the recipe data page. Way better than not having any art for plot-relevant exposition/narrative leaps that should be shown instead. but with all the references to 'free it the night before' I felt like that was leading to something and it didn't, so it just looked oddly repetitive.

This didn't really keep my interest, I struggled to get through it.

Stop trying to make Glob happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Stop trying to make Glob happen.
    Glob and his gang should really be in another title and not in the New Mutants title or move the original New Mutants into another title instead.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was dull. Not sure why Wildside is necessary, Dani or Karma should be able to do anything he can but better. Why did they send Mondo into the dream space instead of having him act as anchor? The foreign government stuff wasn't interesting and the Glob scene was a complete waste of space. It seemed like there were a few speech balloons pointed to the wrong characters. Flaviano is good at the nightmare stuff, but I don't like the way he draws these characters. Everything in this book since the space arc feels like filler.

This was just ok for me. Tabby was great as usual but overall a very disappointing outing for the X-books this week.

Mighty Member

Last issue for me, it was boring. I tried to give this book a chance, but after Hickman the dip in quality is too severe.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I liked this issue better than the last one. Flaviano's art was really great here, and it is giving the book an unique atmosphere. I liked seeing all the New Mutants working together. Yes, it is a big group of characters, but I think alternating the spotlight form issue to issue is a good thing. The plot might be basic, but at least I liked the voices of the characters and the Dox website is a cool concept.

Yay for Glob's chickens, nay for the first data page. The first one I couldn't read since HoX 1.

I've enjoyed the plot of this arc, but the dialog needs some work. I love seeing Tabby center stage and taking on a little bit of a leadership role, even if she isn't great at it.

It's funny that this came out the same day as Excalibur, because both titles have good 'moments' but there's something a little cheesy and clunky about both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was dull. Not sure why Wildside is necessary, Dani or Karma should be able to do anything he can but better. Why did they send Mondo into the dream space instead of having him act as anchor? The foreign government stuff wasn't interesting and the Glob scene was a complete waste of space. It seemed like there were a few speech balloons pointed to the wrong characters. Flaviano is good at the nightmare stuff, but I don't like the way he draws these characters. Everything in this book since the space arc feels like filler.
    Yeah I couldn't get over how they kept on talking about nightmare's and that's literally Dani's whole thing. Praying this book finds some direction after this arc cause I don't want to see these characters end up in limbo.

The drawing elevates this plot that is the most cliche possible for a mutant comic.

But, Brisson, please, stop with Glob.