Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I... liked this. At least the interactions were fun, even though the story is nothing new.

The Hickman issues are the only good issues of this series. No one cares about these random new twins or Glob. Glob is the Jar Jar Binks of X-Men.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Damn it, when they mentioned Poltergeist, I thought we were going to see Michael! Lol , oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The Hickman issues are the only good issues of this series. No one cares about these random new twins or Glob. Glob is the Jar Jar Binks of X-Men.
    Correction, you dont. I live for the twins

I actually enjoy the french Twins, they legit would have destroyed the X-Men without time travel shenanigans Stan worthy in all honesty, they'd be great villains if **** doesn't work out. Glob might be disgusting to look at but I don't get the hate he embodies the ideals of the X-Men.

Aside from glob i enjoyed this very much. Very curious to see if these will end in a power upgrade for Hisako.

And while i didn't enjoy the glob cooking panel and receipe i do concede it would be cool if all mutants got to do a recipe and it was compiled as a krakoan cookbook with some nice art.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

The story of this book is really boring. I suspect glob is only there because the author is writing the data page, and otherwise the scenario doesn't make sense.

Hickman really just brought Mondo to the team for a plot point in the first arc and then left him to Brisson with note saying ok that was it. bye x.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    The story of this book is really boring. I suspect glob is only there because the author is writing the data page, and otherwise the scenario doesn't make sense.
    I am just wondering what the sales figures are for New Mutants after Hickman left.

Brisson is going to bring more Glob to New Mutants so that combine with the mediocre stories will spell its doom once more people decide not to buy.

Brisson doesn't seem to realise that fans are buying New Mutants title because they are loyal to the original New Mutants cast and don't really care about Glob and Armor which are obviously his favorites.

I would have preferred Skid to Armor, at least Skid has a long history with the original New Mutants.

The art, story and characters are way below the other Dawn of X titles.
    Last edited by ericng; 06-10-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Hickman really just brought Mondo to the team for a plot point in the first arc and then left him to Brisson with note saying ok that was it. bye x.
    I don't see Mondo contribution to the team either.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I would have preferred Skid to Armor, at least Skid has a long history with the original New Mutants.
    long history?

Glob is the Jar Jar Binks of X-Men.
    lol YAS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I suspect glob is only there because the author is writing the data page, and otherwise the scenario doesn't make sense.
    Hmmm I believe you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    long history?
    Yuuuuup
    Brisson doesn't seem to realise that fans are buying New Mutants title because they are loyal to the original New Mutants cast and don't really care about Glob and Armor which are obviously his favorites.
    This book is tone deafness made real
    Duuuuude me to!!!This is kinda why I hate them reusing team names. This coulda been about a book about The OG New Mutants and other mutants that were introduced around the same time as the team and/or in the same Generation
    GrindrStone(D)

I am just wondering what the sales figures are for New Mutants after Hickman left.

Brisson is going to bring more Glob to New Mutants so that combine with the mediocre stories will spell its doom once more people decide not to buy.

The art, story and characters are way below the other Dawn of X titles.
    In some ways Hickman kinda screwed this book too. Yes, his issues were fun but he didn’t give this book any sort of mission-statement. Honestly, the first issue of Cable did a better job of showing how young mutants are adapting to Krakoa than the Brisson issues.

Mighty Member

Maybe it's just me. but I feel like most of y'all are overblowing the inclusion of people like Glob, the twins and Armor.

Glob is in the book for like two pages, and he's only there to let Magik know where the New Mutants(most of who are all the classic new mutants) are and the situation with the evil news.

Most of this book is focused on either Dani or Cypher, or how foreign countries view mutants trying to help in a very classic X-men like way.

Feels like most of y'all got a case of bitch eating crackers.

Like y'all are SO MAD over nothing

Who the heck is Skid?