Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Excalibur #10 review *spoilers*

***I guess its set up to confuse us***

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SPOILERS. MOD CAN YOU FIX THE THREAD TITLE. PLS and THX.

Most of this issue is an alternate realities that Jamie Braddock created.

Where each one of the Excalibur team members pick up the amulet after Betsy dies to become a Captain Britain.

We don't know why he did it. Maybe he's bored.

But these are the Captain Britain characters that Saturnyne shows in a previous issue.

Just confused as two why she picked them given she states that they are not real CBs. And that she didn't seem pleased with them being CBs.

Anyone want to chime in on the issue.

Kitty and Rachel make an appearance. Pete Wisdom dies. Betsy dies.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-10-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Maybe it's the delay since the last issue, but I have no idea what happened here.

Mighty Member

I thought Kitty is dead in Marauders and they can't resurrect her. So why is she here?

Alternate reality that Jamie Braddock created.

Hepzibah, Betsy, Kate... damn Rachel really is the mutant James Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Maybe it's the delay since the last issue, but I have no idea what happened here.
    It’s basically setting up the reveal that we got last issue with the return of the Captain Britain Corps & how they came to be.

I’m a little confused about the captain Britain corps. Jamie created them in an alternate reality but saturnyne has fought them in the main reality? Or does she only have false memories that they exist?

Getting quite fed up now with waiting for this to come together as a story ever. Betsy says ass all the time now, and Gambit capitaine.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 06-10-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I’m a little confused about the captain Britain corps. Jamie created them in an alternate reality but saturnyne has fought them in the main reality? Or does she only have false memories that they exist?
    The Captain Britain Corps is a multiversal team, so she would probably have run into them at some point. The confrontation likely didn’t take place in any specific universe since the Starlight Citadel & Otherworld exist in another dimension entirely.
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-10-2020 at 08:46 AM.

BANNED

she saw them in her visions from her mirror, wich in the last page of issue 9 she was looking into, the mirror allowed her to see what was going to happen since jaime looks out the window to see jubilee's atack
    meaning the last page of issue 9 and the alternate reality jaime created, occurr roughly at the same time, that's what saturdyne sees that forces her hand.

Jaime is recreating the multiversal corps but under his own design, the alternate reality was a way to create a situation where betsy dies and the remaining mutants take the mantle.
    It's a really smart way to use jaime, since he can in theory loop this scenario to kill betsy everytime and create new captains, he creates a scenario where someone is heroic in the name of brittain, betsy dies, the pocket reality shatters, new captain
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-10-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Really just spent an entire issue giving AU Captains Britain a lame origin. What was Jamie's motivation for doing this, did I miss that? The only good thing was Rachel and Kitty flirting. I really want to like this book, but Howard's writing is just not working for me.

It is not good.
    Really bad dialogues and the same problems with writing as always. Team full of wallpapers.

I really liked this issue! It tied stuff together nicely imo.

Saturnyne is mad because Jamie is creating his own corps by creating alternate realities and she's got no control over them.

He destroys a bit of our reality and it grows into a separate pocket reality, and a new Captain Britain is born in each one. He's creating an army. It's pretty clever. He made 4 different ones but he might make more.

Also, there were clear references to Incursions, which were also what destroyed the Captain Britain Corp.

It was an interesting issue. I had forgot what happened in earlier issues so I too was a bit confused at first. Things I like: the use of Jamie (though is his powers supposed to work quite this way? Like he can do what Franklin does? I know he's a reality warper but I thought his powers were a bit different).

I liked the inclusion of Kitty and Rachel (nods to the OG Excalibur team). Rachel looked good in her Phoenix-esque look.

Betsy continues to feel like a leader who is having on the job training. Which is good because it gives her places to go.

Rogue and Gambit continue to be wasted and poorly used.

BANNED

this also explains the chekov gun that was brian and the sword, it isnt for betsy but these false captain brittains jaime manufactured.

the past two issues have been really strong compared to the beginning. This issue was ballsy and I rly appreciate that
    I love unhinged Jamie, I love Kachel (esp Rachel in her classic digs yes a serve) and I like that in Betsy's mind Pete is incapacitated <3
    I guess the only detractor is that the regular cast didn't have a ton to do but like..that wasn't rly the point of this issue so its okay

I think Saturnyne and her followers exist separately from all the realities. like a point where all the captain Britains from the multiple realities can converge
    but then again...I have no captain Britain corps knowledge and am totally just going off what ive seen in these 2 issues lol
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 06-10-2020 at 09:09 AM.