Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she saw them in her visions from her mirror, wich in the last page of issue 9 she was looking into, the mirror allowed her to see what was going to happen since jaime looks out the window to see jubilee's atack
    meaning the last page of issue 9 and the alternate reality jaime created, occurr roughly at the same time, that's what saturdyne sees that forces her hand.

Jaime is recreating the multiversal corps but under his own design, the alternate reality was a way to create a situation where betsy dies and the remaining mutants take the mantle.
    It's a really smart way to use jaime, since he can in theory loop this scenario to kill betsy everytime and create new captains, he creates a scenario where someone is heroic in the name of brittain, betsy dies, the pocket reality shatters, new captain
    Boom! Recreating the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I really liked this issue! It tied stuff together nicely imo.

Saturnyne is mad because Jamie is creating his own corps by creating alternate realities and she's got no control over them.

He destroys a bit of our reality and it grows into a separate pocket reality, and a new Captain Britain is born in each one. He's creating an army. It's pretty clever. He made 4 different ones but he might make more.

Also, there were clear references to Incursions, which were also what destroyed the Captain Britain Corp.
    Bingo bango. The use of "incursions" got me all hot and bothered for Hickman.

Oh and Betsy loves Kitty/Rachel
    Last edited by JB; 06-10-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

jaime created a cheat system and used his sister and her mental state to fill in the gaps, really devious

jaime created a cheat system and used his sister and her mental state to fill in the gaps, really devious
    It warmed my heart that Betsy essentially summoned Kitty. She is missed. And as mentioned, she's got love for Wisdom but also sees him as dead. LOL!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

But why is he recreating the CBC? Especially in such a way that the new Captains will be motivated to fight against him? It just feels like a non sequitur, an unnecessary distraction from the main plot that doesn't add anything of particular value.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    But why is he recreating the CBC? Especially in such a way that the new Captains will be motivated to fight against him? It just feels like a non sequitur, an unnecessary distraction from the main plot that doesn't add anything of particular value.
    jaime normally has control over his own creations, at that point the captains are constructs of his own design.
    and his intentions are to start a war, to move some pieces, but as of now its a super clever use of captain brittain mythos and his mutant abilities

lol hes just an agent of chaos
    nah on the real I think we'll find out his motives in the next one

jaime normally has control over his own creations, at that point the captains are constructs of his own design.
    and his intentions are to start a war, to move some pieces, but as of now its a super clever use of captain brittain mythos and his mutant abilities
    The Betsy he created managed to attack him just fine, I don't see why the other new creations would be any less capable of free will. Start a war with who, Saturnyne? The real Excalibur team is already fighting her and don't seem to need any help, and again there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that these AU Captains would fight for him.

I like that there were subtleties throughout the issue that hinted this wasn’t our Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Also, there were clear references to Incursions, which were also what destroyed the Captain Britain Corp.
    Wowwwww incursions brought the CBC back, full circle. my compliments to tini
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-10-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    lol hes just an agent of chaos
    Yeah plus we know •-[A]-• wants access to Arakko so there must be a connection.
    There's a "chasm between the lost island of Arakko and the land beyond the wild borders of Otherworld". I'm assuming that's why •-[A]-• wants to meet with Saturnyne but she's kept herself hidden. Now with the new CBC, she's rushing into battle and is going to show herself and the Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wowwwww incursions brought the CBC back, full circle. my compliments to tini
    When I read the word I was like NO SHE DIDN'T! She did, y'all.

BANNED

The Betsy he created managed to attack him just fine, I don't see why the other new creations would be any less capable of free will. Start a war with who, Saturnyne? The real Excalibur team is already fighting her and don't seem to need any help, and again there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that these AU Captains would fight for him.
    he probably faked that one to get betsy killed so he could make the other 4 captains, since she let down her guard and died to the missile he created

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Maybe. I'm still waiting on an explanation for why Rictor's powers were out of control and what [A] did to "help" him.

Seeing Kitty and Rachel together again was a real treat. Big thanks to Marcus To for drawing Kate’s hair with some of its dearly missed fluff.

I believe that by creating them, he can manipulate them in twisted ways, since he is the one who made them Captains and gave them powers. And usually, that was the job of the Majestrix Omniversal. So Jamie wants to recreate the Corps to control OtherWorld completely... And to do that, he must win over Saturnyne, who is clearly not pleased. That's what Apocalypse wanted by having Jamie as King. He wants control over Otherwolrd, to increase mutants power and reach beyond Earth.

I really liked this plan and this issue. It made things more complicated and interesting. Better than only having Excalibur just fight Saturnyne and be done with the plot. Things are working for the long run. And we also saw what might happen if Krakoa gets in a conflict with other countries. That's something the X-men and Excalibur must not allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah plus we know •-[A]-• wants access to Arakko so there must be a connection.
    There's a "chasm between the lost island of Arakko and the land beyond the wild borders of Otherworld". I'm assuming that's why •-[A]-• wants to meet with Saturnyne but she's kept herself hidden. Now with the new CBC, she's rushing into battle and is going to show herself and the Citadel.

Hm that's interesting, my initial thought was that Jamie is definitely going against •-[A]-• on this one . I definitely have to reread the lead to this lol I wasn't prepared to have this much to think abt

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I like that there were subtleties throughout the issue that hinted this wasn’t our Excalibur.

totally. the beginning followed a very dreamlike structure too, with the team thrust into the middle of action, being pulled around by supporting figures, deus ex Rictor showing up in the nick of time, and of course the rather on the nose line (paraphrased) "its like we're trapped in a nightmare!"
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 06-10-2020 at 09:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Seeing Kitty and Rachel together again was a real treat. Big thanks to Marcus To for drawing Kate’s hair with some of its dearly missed fluff.
    since that pocket reality used betsy's memories and mental state to make itself more convincing, her having rachel and kitty on a SHIP is a very funny detail.
    and the whole nightmare scenario are her fears brought to life
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-10-2020 at 09:30 AM.