Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Do you think Cassandra Nova should be forgiven since she's a mutant?

Professor X has apparently forgiven past enemies like apocalypse and shaw and went to seek help from mister sinister.

Do you think he'll forgive Nova or there's a limit to his agenda?

isn't she actually a parasitic alien or something ? she probably would've been forgiven if she was a mutant

However Prof X would approach it, I think Polaris would have some words (and hands) to share about it on account of the Genoshan genocide.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

She is not a mutant

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Well, they left reformation as a possibility twice now. First when Morrison had her imprisoned in Stuff for rehabilitation as Ernst (which subsequent writers flubbed hard), and more recently when (exasperated sigh) Jean dosed her with empathy. But it's not really clear whether Cassandra is a mutant, as a genetic clone of Xavier she should have an active X-gene, but she is usually classified as a mummudrai.

Shes not a mutant in the homo superior sense, she copied X-genes

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Shes not a mutant in the homo superior sense, she copied X-genes
    So did Mr. Sinister and they're cool with him now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Well, they left reformation as a possibility twice now. First when Morrison had her imprisoned in Stuff for rehabilitation as Ernst (which subsequent writers flubbed hard), and more recently when (exasperated sigh) Jean dosed her with empathy. But it's not really clear whether Cassandra is a mutant, as a genetic clone of Xavier she should have an active X-gene, but she is usually classified as a mummudrai.
    I don't think she even actually has X-Gene hard copied on herself. She copied Charles, but also Donald Trask and I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in New X-Men by Beast that she's unlike any living being that ever existed. So she doesn't fit even in the Sinister loophole.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't think she even actually has X-Gene hard copied on herself. She copied Charles, but also Donald Trask and I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in New X-Men by Beast that she's unlike any living being that ever existed. So she doesn't fit even in the Sinister loophole.
    This 5678910

She's actually another "Pretender", when you think on it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Well, they left reformation as a possibility twice now. First when Morrison had her imprisoned in Stuff for rehabilitation as Ernst
    This is the line. The question is clearly set up as some kind of "GOTCHA", but doesn't work since the character chosen is one explicitly stated as redeemable by its creator in her debut storyline.

I'd say no because she's a mummudrai, not a mutant

But that'd be hypocritical of me because I still want Ev Teel Urizen to come back

It's a shame that later writers weren't really picking up what Morrison had put down. That being said, I'm always hopeful that messes can be cleaned up by future writers who paid greater attention to details.

There's also her possible future in "Here Comes Tomorrow" to consider, when she had already reformed and become part of the X-Men.

However, she's too excellent a villain to lose completely. I definitely don't mind hints of a turn to the good in the future, but I'd prefer she stay mostly villainous in there here and now.

-Pav, who wonders what is the best "fix" for Cassie/Stuff/Ernst...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    -Pav, who wonders what is the best "fix" for Cassie/Stuff/Ernst...
    come to think of it Ernst was included in Hickman's humongous "roster" right ? This is absolutely baseless but I would die if he had something in store . Otherwise just a very left-field inclusion I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Professor X has apparently forgiven past enemies like apocalypse and shaw and went to seek help from mister sinister.

Do you think he'll forgive Nova or there's a limit to his agenda?
    Xavier was fine working with the Illuminati in the back of everyone, was fine working with a mutant supremacist like Magneto back in the day, is currently fine working with mass murderers and psychos like Apocalypse and Sinister, so why on Earth would he draw a line with Cassandra Nova?
    She's not a mutant, but that has never been a criteria for Xavier to begin with, so it doesn't actually factor in the question you are asking.
    The Truth is if Xavier can use her "for the greater good of Krakoa" in one way or another, he absolutely will and rationalize the act afterward - like many are doing in this very thread with the criminals and killers who are part of Krakoa's government.

That's the result of unimpeded utilitarianism for you.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We don't know their bodycounts because nobody's keeping score and krkaoa certainly isn't interested in doing that. And not lack of trying, Selene would have killed millions and Apocalypse billions if he succeeded. Just because they didn't succeed occasionally means they were harmless or they haven't got a large bodycount. Of course, this only matters if their actions are viewed as negative, so what did you think of their super-villain careers before Krkaoa? Did you side with their ideology or the X-men's?
    lol
    Bruh I'm KRwazy about KRaKOa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Selene actually tried to kill the entire world, mutants first, devouring their souls; resurrecting Genosha for that explicit purpose. You're understating the threat she poses... to Krakoa for that matter. (So we're clear I'm not disagreeing with you.)
    sooo The mutants are being punished for crimes they COULD do?? lol Damn even ok Krakoan mutants get the short end of the stick..smdh

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Thanks, I knew she was bad news but wow. Was that in Necrosha? I haven't read that. is it just me or should she be higher profile in the X-men rogues gallery? On paper she's a power house and a peer to Apocalypse.
    what XComic(s) do you current read? Or any runs you've enjoyed
    GrindrStone(D)