Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that's an apple to McDonald's chicken nugget comparison. they aren't preventing evolutionary upgraded replacements because the homo novissima aren't a product of evolution, they are the result of humans usurping the natural evolutionary path out of genocidal contempt for mutant-kind. it's a subversion of nature and, much like if you only eat chicken nuggets to deprive people of fruit out of spite, ultimately a self-destructive path that's detrimental to both parties.
    I was working with ExodusCloak’s idea that the mummudrai are a kind of next step in evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I was working with ExodusCloak’s idea that the mummudrai are a kind of next step in evolution.
    ah gotcho. i don't know much about the mummudrai so i could be wrong but i could've sworn that they are beings not native to earth or even the physical plane. which would mean they are creatures native to a separate evolutionary track, no? more importantly, as far as mutants are concerned, they are a largely predatory parasitic brood-esque species. It's understandable, from that standpoint, that they wouldn't want to take their chances with that kind of invasive species when they are already struggling to survive with the human/homo novissma problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Selene's mutation plays into her 'nature,' she (and Marius, and Proteus) kind of *have* to feed on the life-forces (or steal the bodies of) others just to survive, as a result of their literal nature.

Cassandra Nova, as far as I know, isn't biologically compelled to genocide. It's just, like, a hobby.

That said, *Sinister's* nature doesn't compel him to massacre Morlocks, either, so I totally agree that it seems all crimes are forgiven if you are camp enough, or a fabulous bitch. Cassie just doesn't have it. She wouldn't even know where to go looking for it... I mean, really, khakis and a pith helmet? Just, no.
    i mean, he has a point, Cassie isn't as fabulous or as saucy as Sinister, Shaw, or Selene. hell, she not even as saucy as Apocalypse. y'all see that robe? ▪︎-|A|-▪︎ is dumb clean in that hoe.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-13-2020 at 04:55 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We both know that isn't the end of this.

All she has to do is copy a mutant's DNA and she's in as long as they think she can be valuable.

Schrödinger's Sinister is new.
    I can't imagine anything good coming from Cassie Nova and Franklin Richards being on the same island.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Selene's mutation plays into her 'nature,' she (and Marius, and Proteus) kind of *have* to feed on the life-forces (or steal the bodies of) others just to survive, as a result of their literal nature.

Cassandra Nova, as far as I know, isn't biologically compelled to genocide. It's just, like, a hobby.

That said, *Sinister's* nature doesn't compel him to massacre Morlocks, either, so I totally agree that it seems all crimes are forgiven if you are camp enough, or a fabulous bitch. Cassie just doesn't have it. She wouldn't even know where to go looking for it... I mean, really, khakis and a pith helmet? Just, no.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ah gotcho. i don't know much about the mummudrai so i could be wrong but i could've sworn that they are beings not native to earth or even the physical plane. which would mean they are creatures native to a separate evolutionary track, no? more importantly, as far as mutants are concerned, they are a largely predatory parasitic brood-esque species. It's understandable, from that standpoint, that they wouldn't want to take their chances with that kind of invasive species when they are already struggling to survive with the human/homo novissma problem.

i mean, he has a point, Cassie isn't as fabulous or as saucy as Sinister, Shaw, or Selene. hell, she not even as saucy as Apocalypse. y'all see that robe? ▪︎-|A|-▪︎ is dumb clean in that hoe.
    Excuse you:

She's a cultured gal who usually just enjoys her comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like both Nova and Selene, they're great villains with great potentials. I'm curious about what is keeping Selene on the island and wheter she's been promised something to be nice.
    Something was mentioned about helping her and Emplate satiate their hunger while they provide direct knowledge to the process of feeding off mutants, but I guarantee she like many on Krakoa are plotting with ulterior motives.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 06-13-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Excuse you:

She a cultured gal who just usually enjoys her comforts.

Something was mentioned about helping her and Emplate satiate their hunger while they provide direct knowledge to the process of feeding off mutants, but I guarantee she like many on Krakoa are plotting with ulterior motives.
    I feel for Marius, he was kind of a victim of his own powers and whatever demons tortured him in the dimension Claudette sent him too. I think that he could receive the Proteus treatment.

Selene instead nope. She might have her hunger sated but she will always be evil.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I feel for Marius, he was kind of a victim of his own powers and whatever demons tortured him in the dimension Claudette sent him too. I think that he could receive the Proteus treatment.

Selene instead nope. She might have her hunger sated but she will always be evil.

Selene will always have her best interests in mind and I think she'll jump at the opportunity for more power. Comparisonly, I'm rooting for Destiny and Mystique despite their allegiances because their relationship is compelling. Also it gives me a chance to talk to about Destiny in any capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wasn't it implied that she died in Rosencanny at the hands of O.N.E.? They were able to easily capture her because she put up no resistance, because she learned empathy in X-Men Red.

If O.N.E killed her (which is highly likely) and Xavier never bothered to make a copy of her mind with Cerebro (why would he?), goodbye Cassandra.
    I have no recall of that but will take your word for it as I mostly expunged that run from my memory.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Excuse you:

She's a cultured gal who usually just enjoys her comforts.

oh lord, they got Cassandra out her looking like Kesha in Belly (1998)? I'm weeeeeak! i stand corrected tho, she do got a little sauce on her. alright, send her application to Krakoa for B4D-D1E "serving looks" visa.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

What a **** character. Can't believe that people think this guy is a great creator. This, Beak, and a bag of mutant farts are his major contributions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I can't imagine anything good coming from Cassie Nova and Franklin Richards being on the same island.
    The entire island is full of super-villains he'd be walking into. A teenage kid with powers that are on the blink! The "X-men" are far too eager to get there when they know Sinister is there. Nova would juts be one of the crowd in Krakoa. Thing's going well they'd put him on a team and he'd end up killing or maiming someone within a month.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    What a **** character. Can't believe that people think this guy is a great creator. This, Beak, and a bag of mutant farts are his major contributions.
    Pshaw, he gave us genius like 'Magneto is a mad terrorist twat' and 'planetary level stroke.' (Like a *normal* stroke wouldn't have done the trick? And if it's 'planetary level' how did it stay inside her skull? Is there an actual planet in there? Perhaps to match the star in that other guys head?)

Oh, and Basilisk and Ugly John. Two awesome mutants that I'm sure are much missed.

Although I actually didn't mind her as much as a wicked reflection of Xavier, showcasing the wickedness he could get up to with his powers, without actually making Xavier himself the sketchy jerk. But then other writers got ahold of her, and she turned into a telekinetic as well (much like Quire, originally a telepath, but then buffed up by later writers).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-13-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Shi'ar say it, a civilization that has had encounters with Mummudrai for thousands of years.

The only thing that differentiates Cassandra Nova from most Mummudrai is that since Xavier has such powerful psychic potential, Cassandra Nova is equivalently more powerful than the rest. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mummudrai

Cassandra Nova can't even be compared to Sinister just because she gets an X-gene. Cassandra Nova is more akin to Onslaught or Shadow King.
    Yeah, I was thinking Shadow King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The entire island is full of super-villains he'd be walking into. A teenage kid with powers that are on the blink! The "X-men" are far too eager to get there when they know Sinister is there. Nova would juts be one of the crowd in Krakoa. Thing's going well they'd put him on a team and he'd end up killing or maiming someone within a month.
    If I'm not mistaken Nova can effortlessly copy another mutant's DNA right? So, on the blink or not -- why wouldn't Cassie copy Franklin's DNA immediately and reek universal cosmic chaos?