Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you think Cassandra Nova should be forgiven since she's a mutant?

Professor X has apparently forgiven past enemies like apocalypse and shaw and went to seek help from mister sinister.

Do you think he'll forgive Nova or there's a limit to his agenda?

isn't she actually a parasitic alien or something ? she probably would've been forgiven if she was a mutant

However Prof X would approach it, I think Polaris would have some words (and hands) to share about it on account of the Genoshan genocide.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

She is not a mutant

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Well, they left reformation as a possibility twice now. First when Morrison had her imprisoned in Stuff for rehabilitation as Ernst (which subsequent writers flubbed hard), and more recently when (exasperated sigh) Jean dosed her with empathy. But it's not really clear whether Cassandra is a mutant, as a genetic clone of Xavier she should have an active X-gene, but she is usually classified as a mummudrai.

Shes not a mutant in the homo superior sense, she copied X-genes

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Shes not a mutant in the homo superior sense, she copied X-genes
    So did Mr. Sinister and they're cool with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This. Ultimately if she served some larger purpose/ added some huge advantage I think they would let her in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Well, they left reformation as a possibility twice now. First when Morrison had her imprisoned in Stuff for rehabilitation as Ernst (which subsequent writers flubbed hard), and more recently when (exasperated sigh) Jean dosed her with empathy. But it's not really clear whether Cassandra is a mutant, as a genetic clone of Xavier she should have an active X-gene, but she is usually classified as a mummudrai.
    I don't think she even actually has X-Gene hard copied on herself. She copied Charles, but also Donald Trask and I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in New X-Men by Beast that she's unlike any living being that ever existed. So she doesn't fit even in the Sinister loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Mr Sinister cloned a body with Thunderbirds gene making him a mutant. The other Sinisters don't have one. Cassandra Nova is one step above homo superior. She's the next stage in evolution. She's a shapeshifter that can copy powers by copying the x-gene. She could do the same with non-mutants theoretically

Additionally, Sinister serves a purpose according to Moiras experiences
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-10-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Cassandra Nova is not a mutant or has a mutant gene like Sinister. Recruiting her is like recruiting Onslaught. She has mutant origin but is not a mutant, she is a astral creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Well, they left reformation as a possibility twice now. First when Morrison had her imprisoned in Stuff for rehabilitation as Ernst
    This is the line. The question is clearly set up as some kind of "GOTCHA", but doesn't work since the character chosen is one explicitly stated as redeemable by its creator in her debut storyline.

I'd say no because she's a mummudrai, not a mutant

But that'd be hypocritical of me because I still want Ev Teel Urizen to come back

You want her to be forgiven, she's a mutant.
    You don't want her to be forgiven, she's not a mutant.
    Personally, I don't care about her, mutant or not.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't think she even actually has X-Gene hard copied on herself. She copied Charles, but also Donald Trask and I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in New X-Men by Beast that she's unlike any living being that ever existed. So she doesn't fit even in the Sinister loophole.
    This 5678910

She's actually another "Pretender", when you think on it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!