Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Selene actually tried to kill the entire world, mutants first, devouring their souls; resurrecting Genosha for that explicit purpose. You're understating the threat she poses... to Krakoa for that matter. (So we're clear I'm not disagreeing with you.)
    Thanks, I knew she was bad news but wow. Was that in Necrosha? I haven't read that. is it just me or should she be higher profile in the X-men rogues gallery? On paper she's a power house and a peer to Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Thanks, I knew she was bad news but wow. Was that in Necrosha? I haven't read that. is it just me or should she be higher profile in the X-men rogues gallery? On paper she's a power house and a peer to Apocalypse.
    Yep, was Necrosha.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Shi'ar say it, a civilization that has had encounters with Mummudrai for thousands of years.

The only thing that differentiates Cassandra Nova from most Mummudrai is that since Xavier has such powerful psychic potential, Cassandra Nova is equivalently more powerful than the rest. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mummudrai

Cassandra Nova can't even be compared to Sinister just because she gets an X-gene. Cassandra Nova is more akin to Onslaught or Shadow King.
    Learn them, G!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Professor X has apparently forgiven past enemies like apocalypse and shaw and went to seek help from mister sinister.

Do you think he'll forgive Nova or there's a limit to his agenda?
    Xavier was fine working with the Illuminati in the back of everyone, was fine working with a mutant supremacist like Magneto back in the day, is currently fine working with mass murderers and psychos like Apocalypse and Sinister, so why on Earth would he draw a line with Cassandra Nova?
    She's not a mutant, but that has never been a criteria for Xavier to begin with, so it doesn't actually factor in the question you are asking.
    The Truth is if Xavier can use her "for the greater good of Krakoa" in one way or another, he absolutely will and rationalize the act afterward - like many are doing in this very thread with the criminals and killers who are part of Krakoa's government.

That's the result of unimpeded utilitarianism for you.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

We don't know their bodycounts because nobody's keeping score and krkaoa certainly isn't interested in doing that. And not lack of trying, Selene would have killed millions and Apocalypse billions if he succeeded. Just because they didn't succeed occasionally means they were harmless or they haven't got a large bodycount. Of course, this only matters if their actions are viewed as negative, so what did you think of their super-villain careers before Krkaoa? Did you side with their ideology or the X-men's?
    lol
    Bruh I'm KRwazy about KRaKOa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Selene actually tried to kill the entire world, mutants first, devouring their souls; resurrecting Genosha for that explicit purpose. You're understating the threat she poses... to Krakoa for that matter. (So we're clear I'm not disagreeing with you.)
    sooo The mutants are being punished for crimes they COULD do?? lol Damn even ok Krakoan mutants get the short end of the stick..smdh

what XComic(s) do you current read? Or any runs you've enjoyed
    GrindrStone(D)

The Shi'ar say it, a civilization that has had encounters with Mummudrai for thousands of years.

The only thing that differentiates Cassandra Nova from most Mummudrai is that since Xavier has such powerful psychic potential, Cassandra Nova is equivalently more powerful than the rest. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mummudrai

Cassandra Nova can't even be compared to Sinister just because she gets an X-gene. Cassandra Nova is more akin to Onslaught or Shadow King.
    Ok. Cassandra… identified species. Thanks.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol
    Bruh I'm KRwazy about KRaKOa

sooo The mutants are being punished for crimes they COULD do?? lol Damn even ok Krakoan mutants get the short end of the stick..smdh

what XComic(s) do you current read? Or any runs you've enjoyed
    To be fair, thats not a valid take, there are mutants that could harm others, they just dont do it.

Selene choose to do it without any influence. Attempt of murder is still a crime.

Selene is a piece of shit, but is better to have her when you can watch her.

Attempted murder is a crime. You don't actually have to kill people to be a criminal. Going around trying to kill people is enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me when people can tell what a being is without studying her/him/it, just like that.
    Who said what she is?

How many beings like Cassandra exist? And, still, she/it has a taxonomy just for her/it.
    There's actually a few... Here is a good take on Mummudrai.

No, those are crimes she did do

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Attempted murder is a crime. You don't actually have to kill people to be a criminal. Going around trying to kill people is enough.
    As is conspiracy.

Selene is a piece of shit, but is better to have her when you can watch her.
    By that logic, Cassandra should in fact be on Krakoa. Especially since there’s no reason to believe that she still doesn’t have Trinary’s artificial empathy nanos still working on her.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, those are crimes she did do

She hasn't killed the world....yet
    GrindrStone(D)

She hasn't killed the world....yet
    How are you still missing the point that attempting to murder the world is still a crime?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    How are you still missing the point that attempting to murder the world is still a crime?
    The point isn't being missed, one character is simply liked more more than the other. If Nova was in Krakoa she would magically be liked, because Hickman put her on Krakoa but since she isn't she's an outsider.