Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Add Ricardo Diaz (someone pls just fucking shoot this guy already), and across at least two shows, Damien Dhark; that guy just seemed untouchable to an annoying degree.
    Can’t believe that I forgot Diaz, he sucked so hard

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I remember thinking, then posting, at another site at how in the hell is this random bad guy successfully plotting against everyone, kicking various team arrow members’ asses, and going to toe w. GA himself, then was told he was actually Richard Dragon, who’d been retconned or something by DC.
    It made me dislike him even more.

First one that comes to mind is Rose from Doctor Who. Such an unlikeable character from start to finish.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Data on Star Trek: TNG
    Ooh, I forgot Data. Most of the time, I did not mind him, but by the time the movies rolled around, it was like, 'Data says something, pause for audience laughter.' Ugh.

The fact that a popular character deigned to speak doesn't obligate me to care.

On Star Trek, I don't get the dislike of Data or of Q since Q was supposed to intentionally be annoying. But Wesley Crusher, on the other hand...

On Arrow, I hated Diaz and I hated Adrian Chase but that's probably because they came late in the series. Something that seemed great at first had worn thin and I was just sick and tired of the all-knowing villain who is ten steps ahead of the hero, manipulates him every step of the way and makes him question and doubt everything he is and has done. I wanted Chase gone by the 16th or so episode and just do episodic for the rest of the season. I wanted Diaz dead and gone in one episode and do episodic for a season. The only reason I even watched that season was because it's part of a shared universe.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    On Star Trek, I don't get the dislike of Data or of Q since Q was supposed to intentionally be annoying.
    Sometimes when you set out to make something annoying, you succeed beyond your wildest dreams

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

q was fine on TNG. I stopped caring after DS9 and Voyager watered him down.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Spike on Buffy
    Eve on Angel
    Lagoon Boy on Young Justice (I think I said "oh shut the f*** up" every time he opened his mouth)
    Dorian Gray and the Creature on Penny Dreadful

Joxer on Xena: Warrior Princess. The only reason he was even there was because of nepotism.
    Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show.
    Cosmo Kramer on Seinfeld
    Starting to hate Lena Luthor on Supergirl. Anymore the show seems to be too much about Lena and not much about Supergirl. Season 5 was the Lena show. Even the 100 episode was all about Lena.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I pretty much liked most of the seasons of The Big Bang Theory.

But I couldn't stand Bernadette. The squeaky voice, the bossy attitude. She had some good qualities at times, but it was never enough to cover all the irritating traits that made me loathe her character.
    For me it was Sheldon Cooper. The guy was such an ass and the only one who even even tried to call him out for his assery was Penny. But it was sort of a lost cause with everyone else knuckling under.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Starting to hate Lena Luthor on Supergirl. Anymore the show seems to be too much about Lena and not much about Supergirl. Season 5 was the Lena show. Even the 100 episode was all about Lena.
    She's better than Mon-El but not by much. Supergirl's secret identity is hers to give, not Lena's to demand and I need the show to acknowledge that

She's better than Mon-El but not by much. Supergirl's secret identity is hers to give, not Lena's to demand and I need the show to acknowledge that
    At least with Mon-El we saw growth in the character, going from a douche-bro to an out right hero in his own right. If anything Lena has regressed as a character. She was much more likeable
    in season 2. Now she has just become more petty, self righteous, and mean spirited as the seasons have progressed.

Extraordinary Member

Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show.
    I was okay with Barney, but he did get on my nerves a lot. I actually enjoy the color episodes without Barney. Most people don't.

But I hated Knotts as Ralph Furley on Three's Company. The Ropers had been such fun and were so hilarious. But Furley was an idiot and was not one bit funny to me.

I didn't have a problem with the Dragon until the actor decided to make him sound more and more like yelling Al Pacino -- "HOO-AH!!"

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I was okay with Barney, but he did get on my nerves a lot. I actually enjoy the color episodes without Barney. Most people don't.

But I hated Knotts as Ralph Furley on Three's Company. The Ropers had been such fun and were so hilarious. But Furley was an idiot and was not one bit funny to me.
    I kinda felt the opppsite about the Ropers and Ralph.
    I didn’t find the Ropers annoying, but Ralph was funnier to me, and grew a lot closer w. the gang, had more backstory given to him.

Mon-El.

Most of the characters Patton Oswalt plays, but especially his arms dealer on Burn Notice. Michael went from helping desperate people and started helping this douche almost exclusively.

Mon-El

Cisco Ramon from Flash. "Yeah, I know people are dying but let's focus on the important thing: making up fun nicknames." I know they eventually tried to explain it but I was beyond done with him by that point.

Did I mention Mon-El?
    So I take it you didn't like Mon-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I absolutely despised Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow and how the producers, up until the very end of Season 5, tried shoving him in my face without no real reason.
    While I never really hated Malcolm (probably because I'm a fan of Barrowman), I did hate how they kept bringing him back. And I absolutely hated his 'nobel' death, especially the part where he tells Thea 'All a parent wants to do is protect their child." I was like "Dude, you drugged her multiple times, controlled her into killing a friend and put her in the path of Ra's al Ghul, who then nearly KILLED HER, and then when she was dying and only by giving up the League to Nyssa could he get the cure Thea needed to live, you were like 'Nah!'." I could have bought it more if he had said him saving her and dying was his penance for all the pain he caused her.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I remember thinking, then posting, at another site at how in the hell is this random bad guy successfully plotting against everyone, kicking various team arrow members’ asses, and going to toe w. GA himself, then was told he was actually Richard Dragon, who’d been retconned or something by DC.
    It made me dislike him even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    On Arrow, I hated Diaz and I hated Adrian Chase but that's probably because they came late in the series. Something that seemed great at first had worn thin and I was just sick and tired of the all-knowing villain who is ten steps ahead of the hero, manipulates him every step of the way and makes him question and doubt everything he is and has done. I wanted Chase gone by the 16th or so episode and just do episodic for the rest of the season. I wanted Diaz dead and gone in one episode and do episodic for a season. The only reason I even watched that season was because it's part of a shared universe.

I know that everybody always hates on Felicity, but Diaz was the absolute WORST character they ever brought onto the show. Richard Dragon, in the comics, is a master fighter who is basically an equal to Lady Shiva. He's had a hand in training multiple heroes, including Bruce Wayne and I believe Cassandra Cain. I'm guessing that Diaz is their shot at the New 52's Dragon, who was trained by and then killed the original. And if they had presented him differently, he could have worked. Instead he was first shown as a drug dealer with ambitions who was street tough, and for some reason that was enough to kick around Oliver, who had been trained by multiple masters, including Ra's al Ghul. I never bought that Diaz would be on that level, and I never saw him as a true threat, despite what the show tried to do.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the Dragon until the actor decided to make him sound more and more like yelling Al Pacino -- "HOO-AH!!"
    That's just how he speaks. Go watch 'Band of Brothers'; he's in that for most of the episodes, and it's the same voice.

I liked Lena up until this season, and then yeah, I agree with you. For someone who claimed they never wanted to be like their villainous family, she sure did latch onto mind control rather quickly. And that's in addition to downloading Super-Siri into a living person's brain and apparently destroying the human's original consciousness, and holding secret human trials of a super-solider serum that ended up killing most of the test subjects.

In the Arrowverse I can't stand Gary or Mona. Two of the many reasons I no longer watch Legends.

In Buffy, I couldn't stand Glory. I hated the character, thought the actress looked weird, and was glad when they were both gone.