Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ryan Howard from the Office springs to mind. I guess his rise and fall was interesting but anything before and after that? Never seemed to know what to do with him. Always seemed weird that he was in the opening credits alongside Michael, Dwight, Pam, Jim and later Andy. When he never seemed anywhere near as important as them. Hell his weird girlfriend stood out more than him, and she wasn't all that great either.
    I think they screwed up from the begining setting him up as the straight man, when characters like Stanly and Jim do that infinitely better.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 06-16-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    1- Felicity on Arrow. Took arrow from being my favorite show to the point that I almost stopped watching. Her hypocrisy and just continual self righteousness was so annoying.
    2- Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince (after season 3)- Aunt viv went from one of the best characters to just absolutely intolerable on the show
    3- Shades- Luke Cage- Actor was so annoying and over the top
    4- Captain Cold- Flash/Legends- Wentworth Miller is normally a good actor or at least he was on prison break, I was so happy he was gonna be captain cold but man he over acted every scene he was in and kinda ruined the character for me
    5-Andy on the office-The show absolutely fell of a cliff after he was added to the show, once he became a main focus on the show it went from funny to painfully bad
    Oh man, I could not stand Aunt Viv 2.0.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Surprised no one said troy and vance yet. They replaced bo and luke on dukes of hazards for a season. (well most of it.) They didn't even get on the dvd cover of that season! They used a daisy single shot. Ouch!

They were in the cartoon also but bo and luke replaced them in the second season.

Not going to lie. They didn't really bother me that much but bo and luke were better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Frances Bavier was a great actress, nothing like the character she played but she pulled it off. Sadly, also an example of how hard it can be when fans want to believe the performer is the character.
    Bavier wasn't all bad though. I've read several books on The Andy Griffith Show and some of the actors paint a nicer side of her.

She and Jim Nabors were very close and he seemed to have very fond memories of her. Ron Howard talked about how she would come to his house at Christmas and drop off gifts to him and his brother Clint. That was nice to read.

On DALLAS, I did not like a bunch of characters.

In the dream season (DVD Season 9), I didn't like Angelica Nero and her whole storyline. Also didn't care for Ewing come-latelys Jamie and Jack. Gotta say, I never 100% warmed up to Clayton Farlow despite how long he was on the show. Sasha Mitchell's natural California surfer dude attitude was better utilized on Step by Step than as JR's secret son, James Beaumont. Likewise, Cally as JR's second wife was just weird. I liked Lucy, Ray, and Donna ok enough, but they were rarely given anything interesting to do. George Kennedy as Carter McKay had this weird slow burn line delivery when he got angry that made me eyeroll-laugh at him quite often.

Falcon Crest had a lot of plot-oriented characters that I just didn't care about. Of the four main 80s primetime soaps, I watched this one the least.

Knots Landing introduced a bunch of younger characters in the final seasons that were dumb and/or boring: Kate Whittaker, Alex Barth, Vanessa, Pierce Lawton, and others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    On DALLAS, I did not like a bunch of characters.

In the dream season (DVD Season 9), I didn't like Angelica Nero and her whole storyline. Also didn't care for Ewing come-latelys Jamie and Jack. Gotta say, I never 100% warmed up to Clayton Farlow despite how long he was on the show. Sasha Mitchell's natural California surfer dude attitude was better utilized on Step by Step than as JR's secret son, James Beaumont. Likewise, Cally as JR's second wife was just weird. I liked Lucy, Ray, and Donna ok enough, but they were rarely given anything interesting to do. George Kennedy as Carter McKay had this weird slow burn line delivery when he got angry that made me eyeroll-laugh at him quite often.

Falcon Crest had a lot of plot-oriented characters that I just didn't care about. Of the four main 80s primetime soaps, I watched this one the least.

Knots Landing introduced a bunch of younger characters in the final seasons that were dumb and/or boring: Kate Whittaker, Alex Barth, Vanessa, Pierce Lawton, and others.
    Dallas is one of my all-time favorite shows. But I agree with you, when Jamie and Jack Ewing show up, it's the beginning of the end.

I always had a protective feeling for Jock's memory so I resented Clayton for that reason. But I did like the tension his marriage to Miss Ellie brought to life at Southfork.

The Dream Season was awful. Even though I hated the 'Pam's dream' scenario, I will say that the season after that was one of the last great seasons - up until Pam hit that oil tanker anyway. I never re-watch any of the seasons after Pam left. It's just not worth it IMO.

I liked Falcon Crest when it aired but I barely remember anything about it except Angela was deliciously evil and that the family was fighting over a vineyard. I didn't care for Richard (I can't even remember how he was related, but I didn't like him).

Loved Knot's Landing but not as much as Dallas. Once Abby left, I lost interest but kept watching. I do remember hating Sumner's sister. I believe her name was Claudia and I think they thought she could replace Abby as the 'love-to-hate' villain of the show. It didn't work.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    In retrospect, I can’t stand Ted Mosby whenever I catch a rerun of How I Met Your Mother.
    By the end, I'd come to loathe all of them, and I cannot rewatch the show at all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    ...Jolene couldn't hold a candle to either Flo or Belle ...Stephanie on All in the Family/Archie Bunker's Place... I'm still pretty ok with Janet Jackson on Good Times...
    Jolene was more tolerable than Belle, imo.
    Kinda crushed on the latter two a bit, more so with Janet. It was also nice to see Archie change.

Buffy: I cannot stand Dawn. I wish her storyline had ended with her disappearing because she's fake.
    Angel: Connor
    Cheers: Diane (and I really think there's something about Shelley Long)
    ST: DS9: By the end, Nog was the only Ferengi I liked. I wanted to like Jake, but he's really worse than Wesley, imo.
    ST: TOS: I really don't like McCoy, and he really pisses me off in "Gallileo Seven" to the point where I wish his death.
    Supergirl: Mon-El
    Batwoman: I think Alice has overstayed her welcome.
    Big Bang Theory: Sure, Sheldon is an irritant but the show needed this. What they did with Raj was disgusting. There was hope when he finally started talking to Penny. After he cheating on Dr. Emily, I wanted him written off the show. Priya was pretty bad too, but at least we didn't have to put up with her very long.
    Walking Dead: Carl, and Rick was overrated.
    Friends: Rachel
    That 70s Show: Randy
    MASH: Did not like BJ one bit.
    Orville: Malloy

Doctors 6, 1, 2, and 11 -- in that order (from worst to least). Daleks EXTERMINATE!

And while I'm at it, I've been done with Daleks for a while now. The Terry Nation estate can have them if they want them.

Doctor Who companions:
    * Amy Pond
    * Adric
    * Jack Harkness, a little. Him in Torchwood really pisses me off, but he's more tolerable outside of that.
    * Jo tests my patience.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-18-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Friends: Rachel
    Not to judge, but just Rachel, not Ross as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The OG Viv was my favorite but according to everyone on the production and acting side of things, she was terrible to work with.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The OG Viv was my favorite but according to everyone on the production and acting side of things, she was terrible to work with.
    Wasn’t OG Viv everyone’s favorite? Heh. She leapt off the screen, while Viv 2.0 barely registered.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Janet Hubert- "I know the media hoe Alphonso Ribero has posted his so called reunion photo. Folks keep telling me about it. He was always the ass wipe for Will. There will never be a true reunion of the Fresh Prince. I have no interest in seeing any of these people on that kind of level"
    Most of this went completley under my radar , just figured it was an actor wanting to move on to something else and never thought much about it, I did not know there was so much tension and animosity there.
    (if true not vouching for the site or malicious quotes, just a quick search what came up for me)
    - https://www.dailyedge.ie/aunt-viv-fr...13772-Mar2017/
    I had no idea it was so bad between them!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-20-2020 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I really want to know more about the backstage drama. The fans seem to really love the original Aunt Viv (rightfully so imo), but the cast keep inviting 2.0 to their own reunions; 1.0 is hardly seen.

In any case, Original Aunt Viv and Uncle Phil are who I think about when I think of Black strength and dignity on TV.

Connor from Angel, awful character
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Not to judge, but just Rachel, not Ross as well?
    I still don't like Ross very much, but Schwimmer was better at comedy, imo. Rachel was more annoying when it came to relationships. And she totally went all the way to England to throw a wrench in Ross' wedding. Plus, Rachel was 10000% wrong about the break sitch, and she never shut up about it.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-19-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Zeke from Agents of SHIELD. He was tolerable in season 5 when he debuted since he has a purpose. After that he's just been an anchor with a cringeworthy crush on Daisy.