Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Characters you hate on tv show you love

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I know Ted McGinley has been named the poster child for a show jumping the shark, but I really did not like him on Happy Days.
    Wouldn't the shark be the literal poster child of that moment on the show?
    But yeah by the time Richie left, and that new character came on, the show had already long ago jumped the shark.

What's funny is that same actor (at least I think it's the same guy), actually helped when he was used as a late season addition on Married With Children.

This made Scooby pretty much unwatchable.

and...

Although Hate is to strong a word for any of these, more just annoyed me whenever they came on.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-11-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Surprised no one said troy and vance yet. They replaced bo and luke on dukes of hazards for a season. (well most of it.) They didn't even get on the dvd cover of that season! They used a daisy single shot. Ouch!

They were in the cartoon also but bo and luke replaced them in the second season.

Not going to lie. They didn't really bother me that much but bo and luke were better.
    I guess I never payed attention to the cartoon, had no idea it was first Troy and Vance, they were drawn so similar, I just assumed they were stylized Bo and Luke from the go? LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-11-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Julie in Charlie's angels was a prime exemple of everything going south. The other girls were former cops, she was a former model! Not to add that Tanya Roberts was a pretty bad actress! They've never been able to replace Kate Jackson because they always searched for beautiful girls where they should have searched for good actresses that could look both beautiful and smart!

I hated Kelly in 90210, poor entiltled rich girl wasn't going to make me shed a tear! In fact she made me reevaluate Valerie positively.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Isn't the shark the literal poster child of that moment on the show?
    But yeah by the time Richie left, and that new character came on, the show had already long ago jumped the shark.

What's funny is that same actor (at least I think it's the same guy), actually helped when he was used as a late season addition on Married With Children.

This made Scooby pretty much unwatchable.

Although Hate is to strong a word, more just annoyed me whenever he came on.
    Yes! What was his name.... Snarf? Just annoyed me and didn’t add anything to the show in my opinion

Oh, that reminds me - I hated Orko on "Masters of the Universe."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Zeke from Agents of SHIELD. He was tolerable in season 5 when he debuted since he has a purpose. After that he's just been an anchor with a cringeworthy crush on Daisy.
    What a weasely little punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Zeke from Agents of SHIELD. He was tolerable in season 5 when he debuted since he has a purpose. After that he's just been an anchor with a cringeworthy crush on Daisy.
    Yeah he's pretty much a comedy relief character if you consider the W.C. Fields type of comedy to be funny.

For those who don't know, that style of comedy was largely women as sex objects to be fondled without permission which, by the reactions of the audience of that era, was considered hilarious and I don't condemn him or the audience of that era because it was a different world. But it ain't funny anymore.
    Power with Girl is better.

Riley Finn, Buffy.

Generic, boring and as much personality as a dead oyster. Lot of characters slided on the cring side of the force during the season 4 sadly and that's about when we started to realize that the writers just didn't know what to do with Xander anymore lol. (until they paired him up with Anya)

Anyway, Riley...poor actor deserved better.

Extraordinary Member

I love Brooklyn Nine Nine, but I absolutely hate Gina. She's such a massive jerk and nobody ever calls her out on it, sure the other characters have their jerk moments too but they at least get called out on their bad behavior. Gina straight up bullies Amy and sexuall harrasses Terry but it's always treated as some kind of hilarious joke. But god forbid anybody says anything mean to Gina, then she throws a hissy fit and everybody has to apologize and make things up to her. And she's way too often the solution to the problem of the episode even though she rarely has anything to do with the issue until being the solution.

I'm so glad she's not a regular anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Love The Jeffersons but couldn't stand Mr. Bentley. He just wasn't funny to me and always interrupted the flow of the storyline in episodes.