Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And when I pointed out that the film ends on Superman breaking the fourth wall to look directly at the audience and smile, decades before Deadpool was even invented, they were flabbergasted.
    You should have told them that superman did that from very early in his career , wayyy before donner movies.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You should have told them that superman did that from very early in his career , wayyy before donner movies.
    Well, you should learn not to assume. I also showed them the first time he ever did it on screen in the old 1940s cartoons. Those hold up pretty well, even if most are essentially the same story repeated over and over.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well, you should learn not to assume. I also showed them the first time he ever did it on screen in the old 1940s cartoons. Those hold up pretty well, even if most are essentially the same story repeated over and over.
    Hey! I am just saying, Max fleischer had the right idea.Siegel and shuster did an amazing job with superman #19.Superman going in to watch a superman movie is pretty cool concept .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hey! I am just saying, Max fleischer had the right idea.Siegel and shuster did an amazing job with superman #19.Superman going in to watch a superman movie is pretty cool concept .
    Brian Cronin did a great job of tracking the history of Superman breaking the fourth wall a few months ago. I can't think of any other superhero who has been doing it for as long.