Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Default Jade (Jennifer-Lynn Hayden) Appreciation 2020

An appreciation thread for Jade, who first appeared in All-Star Squadron #25 (September, 1983).

1983:

1988:

1998:

2004:

2010:

2011:

Perhaps my favorite DC mutant...next to Lilith.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Weird that she's never gotten, like, at least a mini? "Green lady off in space having an adventure" seems like a no brainer.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-11-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Jade as she appeared in Justice League of America #60 (October, 2011). Art by Daniel Sampere.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

(*random googled image of twins, although their history is quite interesting (don't know if they act)

I would love to see Jade & Obsidian get some spotlight again.
    I do wonder if the new StarGirl show that's re-purposing some of the "lesser known" Infinity Inc. characters as Jr.JSA, can similarly be used as a vehicle to bring in Jade & Obsidian.

I can see them brought into that universe, as brooding withdrawn teenage siblings (afraid of their own powers), as runaway types, or in Courtney's school.

And exploring the mother reveal story arc -- (although maybe with a new spin on it)

I guess I'll post it here too.

If the Stargirl TV series keeps pulling from Infinity Inc. and if any Green Lantern related characters show up (now that Courtney snagged Alan Scott's Power Battery)
    I'm hoping it's inevitably revealed to be a young Jade and Obsidian who connect with it.

Although they don't actually use the Lantern, it may just be used to reveal a connection to their father.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-11-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Probably the majority won't agree, but I really enjoyed the Jade & Kyle relationship:

She could have been DC's Mary Jane Watson, but never got the respect she deserves

Hopefully she´ll show up in the Stargirl show!
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    She could have been DC's Mary Jane Watson, but never got the respect she deserves

Hopefully she´ll show up in the Stargirl show!
    I don't want to assume, but what do you mean by her being "Mary Jane?" because MJ is mostly known as being the hero's girlfriend and Jade is a hero. I have to wonder if we haven't seen her in live action so far is they don't want the complication of a green girl. (especially in a world where that's not commonplace) I wouldn't love it, but if they brought Jade on the show and maybe only have her turn green when she uses her powers, I could live with that - I'd just be happy to see her. I'd love if they show her getting her powers from her father's broken Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't want to assume, but what do you mean by her being "Mary Jane?" because MJ is mostly known as being the hero's girlfriend and Jade is a hero. I have to wonder if we haven't seen her in live action so far is they don't want the complication of a green girl. (especially in a world where that's not commonplace) I wouldn't love it, but if they brought Jade on the show and maybe only have her turn green when she uses her powers, I could live with that - I'd just be happy to see her. I'd love if they show her getting her powers from her father's broken Lantern.
    Agreed, and I would totally support that.

I mean, I'm not complaining. But even in the comics, after her power-loss, it was weird that she still had green skin.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

I meant a very important character overall. I always felt Kyle was kinda DC's Peter Parker, so that'd make Jenny a more awesome MJ. She's a bad ass superhero tho, not just someone's gf. And the skin... I'd be ok with Green hair like Beast Boy in Titans.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

JADE 0.jpglooking forward to seeing in comics again.

JADE 15.jpgJADE 1.jpghopefully DC would do a Earth 2 line of books.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully she’ll be in Stargirl season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Hopefully she’ll be in Stargirl season 2.
    I hope so too but I don't want her to just be a girl with green hair, even though they'll probably have to do that anyway.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8