Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember the Hungry Man fried chicken in the foil tray used to be better and now they are all bones and when it used to be tater tots instead of mashed potatoes. And when it was cranberry crumb instead of a choc. brownie. A family fave.
    The current stuff is nearly inedible. I wish they'd bring those old versions back. Offer the consumer a choice. One takes longer and heats up the house but tastes much better by all accounts, and the other is quick, hot dog poop. Cranberry crumb, eh? Sounds better than that brownie.

Elementary School and High School classes that are no longer, or rarely, taught:

Civics and Political Science
    Home Economics
    Woodshop
    Debate and Public Speaking
    World History
    Economics and Personal Finance
    Writing and Composition
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Wow! I can half understand the trade skill courses, but World History? Writing/Comp? Those are still required, here. You need 4 years of social studies to graduate: Civics, US History, and 2 World Histories. Writing/Comp is included in the required 4 years of English (to various degrees of success).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Wow! I can half understand the trade skill courses, but World History? Writing/Comp? Those are still required, here. You need 4 years of social studies to graduate: Civics, US History, and 2 World Histories. Writing/Comp is included in the required 4 years of English (to various degrees of success).
    They are still required in a lot of places, but don't seem to have much rigor behind them. Often in the US, it seems, they are taught as standardized test preparation rather than critical thinking development courses.

Around here, they still teach Home Ec. They just call it Family and Consumer Sciences now. FACS for short.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember the Hungry Man fried chicken in the foil tray used to be better and now they are all bones and when it used to be tater tots instead of mashed potatoes. And when it was cranberry crumb instead of a choc. brownie. A family fave.
    Have you tried the boneless one? You get a good amount of chicken in that one and I like how versatile they can be.You can do them with barbeque sauce or buffallo sauce , even make chicken parm by adding cheese and sauce.

I think I'm the only one who likes the brownie in those,lol. I like that it's less sweet. The cranberry crumb is really awesome though.You can still get that with the Turkey dinner.

As for things I would like brought back I'd go with message boards like these ones. Thanks to social media they are a dying breed.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 09-15-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Have you tried the boneless one? You get a good amount of chicken in that one and I like how versatile they can be.You can do them with barbeque sauce or buffallo sauce , even make chicken parm by adding cheese and sauce.

I think I'm the only one who likes the brownie in those,lol. I like that it's less sweet. The cranberry crumb is really awesome though.You can still get that with the Turkey dinner.

As for things I would like brought back I'd go with message boards like these ones. Thanks to social media they are a dying breed.
    Good point about the message boards; I like them much better than social. I don't like the boneless chicken ones, the chicken is made from plastic and hippo bottoms IMO. Well, I imagine it tastes like that...

Agreed about message boards.

Also, I like the really old 1997-style boards that were basically just nested lists, without all the fancy pretty things. Bring back HTML 4, plz yes.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Codemonkeys
    Castlevania games
    Cröonchy Stars
    Pirates of Dark Water
    Gargoyles
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Heh, about those tv dinners....a local restaurant pop up on my screen was pushing it's own version. For $10 a pop, you can choose from some of their offerings, which include fried chicken and beer battered fish dinners, with all the fixings in an old school tv dinner container, foil and all, (oven only of course, unless you want to kill you microwave and start a fire). I must say, reading their descriptions, it all sounds a bit...better than the old ones, but I'm told there was a unique flavor they had which would be tough to replicate without the original recipes.

Astonishing Member

Several years ago Doritos had this mesquite BBQ flavor that was outstanding. I guess I was in the minority there because they only briefly brought it back once.

Quaker Oats should bring back their old recipes for Strawberries and Cream and Peaches and Cream oatmeal. This morning I was preparing some Strawberry and Cream oatmeal and when I opened the packets, I saw that the "strawberries" were brownish instead of the color they were years ago. The oatmeal even smelled differently than it used to. After I poured water on the oatmeal, it didn't look right to me as I stirred it so I just poured it all into the toilet and flushed. Even though the box of oatmeal had an expiration date of January 5, 2021, I still thought the entire box of oatmeal was stale.

Then I went online to see if anyone had ever complained of their Quaker Oats oatmeal being stale, and come to find out, Quaker Oats changed their recipes for these "Cream" oatmeal flavors, and a lot of people don't seem to like the changes: they don't like the looks of the new oatmeal, the smell of it or the taste of it. I'm just glad I didn't taste the "new" oatmeal.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Banana Quik. I used to enjoy mixing the banana and strawberry together.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Wonder how strawberry Quik is in banana milk.

Also... what happens when you put banana chips in a coffee grinder. Hmm...
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 10-04-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST