Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Why is it every time DC celebrates their characters, they always seem to exclude people who worked on Batman The Animated Series and the spin-off comics? Why couldn't Ty Templeton, Bruce Timm, Aluir Amancio, Glen Murakami, Brad Rader, Ronnie Del Carmen, Bret Blevins or Mike Manley be invited to participate? The brand is obviously still very popular, and I think it would provide some variety to the visual styles usually present in these books. It feels like DC only wants to promote certain artists so that people think that they are the best....and they also want to keep the animated Batman brand in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Why is it every time DC celebrates their characters, they always seem to exclude people who worked on Batman The Animated Series and the spin-off comics? Why couldn't Ty Templeton, Bruce Timm, Aluir Amancio, Glen Murakami, Brad Rader, Ronnie Del Carmen, Bret Blevins or Mike Manley be invited to participate? The brand is obviously still very popular, and I think it would provide some variety to the visual styles usually present in these books. It feels like DC only wants to promote certain artists so that people think that they are the best....and they also want to keep the animated Batman brand in a corner.
    They have nothing ot do with Detective. I wish they'd have more people who actually worked on Detective on these special books.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

A perfect story wouldn’t feature Bruce at all, just his supporting cast. They’re the best thing about Bruce anyway.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    A perfect story wouldn’t feature Bruce at all, just his supporting cast. They’re the best thing about Bruce anyway.
    I could not disagree more strongly.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Cool story.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    They have nothing ot do with Detective. I wish they'd have more people who actually worked on Detective on these special books.
    Paul Dini had a fan-favorite run on 'Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Paul Dini had a fan-favorite run on 'Tec.
    And Scott Snyder started out on 'Tec when he wrote Black Mirror
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Mighty Member

Exactly! The family would be nothing and absolutely irrelevant if not for Bruce. They all benefit from being associated with the bat brand and Batman himself. The entire family could disappear tomorrow and Batman would carry on just fine. The guy is the biggest, most successful superhero in the world; people really think he needs the family? Perfect story is Bruce locks the cave and manor and tells the family to kick rocks. Oh and add Selena to the list.

Astonishing Member

Grant Morrison is the biggest draw to me. I love his 2006-2013 run on Batman. No Paul Dini sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like an all-star lineup for this milestone .

I only wish Paul Dini was in there somewhere...
    Same here. Dini is one of the best to ever write Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Cool story.
    You too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Exactly! The family would be nothing and absolutely irrelevant if not for Bruce. They all benefit from being associated with the bat brand and Batman himself. The entire family could disappear tomorrow and Batman would carry on just fine. The guy is the biggest, most successful superhero in the world; people really think he needs the family? Perfect story is Bruce locks the cave and manor and tells the family to kick rocks. Oh and add Selena to the list.
    I get that people all have their favorites, but this Batman forum is weird in the number of people who hate the main guy. It'd be like getting into Spider-Man just because you love J. Jonah Jameson so much but hate Peter Parker. It's just so weird - and honestly annoying sometimes if it keeps coming up. You can love the Batfamily without dissing the Batman who makes it all possible.
    But whatever, fandoms are weird.

Mighty Member

You too.

I get that people all have their favorites, but this Batman forum is weird in the number of people who hate the main guy. It'd be like getting into Spider-Man just because you love J. Jonah Jameson so much but hate Peter Parker. It's just so weird - and honestly annoying sometimes if it keeps coming up. You can love the Batfamily without dissing the Batman who makes it all possible.
    But whatever, fandoms are weird.
    Well when you at the top there are many who want to tear you down. And for a lot of family fans Batman is the guy to blame for everything but then they complain if the family is not included in Batman stories/events. I believe they should just be separated, let the family do their own thing and let Batman do his own thing. Lets see who will be the most successful. Oh and in regards to Spider-man it seems that a lot of people are MJ fans who only read the books and are invested in the spider mythos for her. If Peter is not with MJ he is irrelevant to them. Weird is right.

Looking forward to the Gotham Central story.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 06-12-2020 at 02:58 PM.

I was gonna say if any of Bruce's allies deserves a spotlight here, it'd be Kate.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Well Batwoman, much like Spoiler, is one of those characters whose catalogue you could extract from the mythos without it losing very much, and whose fandom generally has a small percentage of overlap with fans of Batman himself, so I disagree.