Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Well Batwoman, much like Spoiler, is one of those characters whose catalogue you could extract from the mythos without it losing very much, and whose fandom generally has a small percentage of overlap with fans of Batman himself, so I disagree.
    Oh I agree that Batwoman doesn't add so much to Batman, but she is a good character for herself. She was the star of Detective Comics for a time, so she should be in a celebration issue for herself. I'm realizing as I type this that #1027 should be more a celebration of Batman, but as a star of Detective, she should have had a place in #1000.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Oh I agree that Batwoman doesn't add so much to Batman, but she is a good character for herself. She was the star of Detective Comics for a time, so she should be in a celebration issue for herself. I'm realizing as I type this that #1027 should be more a celebration of Batman, but as a star of Detective, she should have had a place in #1000.
    Dick Grayson was a star of Detective for a time too, why does Kate deserve it more than him?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Dick Grayson was a star of Detective for a time too, why does Kate deserve it more than him?
    As Batman. He's not really in that position anymore. Nightwing hasn't been.

I like Dick, more than any other character. And I think that he can and is and can be used in great detective stories. But the majority of DC's writers won't use him that way. Especially for a short story like this. The shorter or more crowded the story, the more likely his is to get reduced to some dumb bimbo who operates on guts or empathy rather than smarts.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I was gonna say if any of Bruce's allies deserves a spotlight here, it'd be Kate.
    Well, Rucka is writing a story so either Kate will appear or he'll throw in Question!Renee or Sasha.

As Batman. He's not really in that position anymore. Nightwing hasn't been.

I like Dick, more than any other character. And I think that he can and is and can be used in great detective stories. But the majority of DC's writers won't use him that way. Especially for a short story like this. The shorter or more crowded the story, the more likely his is to get reduced to some dumb bimbo who operates on guts or empathy rather than smarts.
    Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder are here- They both wrote Dick as Batman, I'd be surprised if Dick isn't included
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Rucka is writing a story so either Kate will appear or he'll throw in Question!Renee or Sasha.
    My magic 8 ball said all 3 of them will be in his story.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky, eh?

Hummm, I wonder who they are going to work a story for. Also, Chip on art (I'm guessing both work the script)? Oh.

Extraordinary Member

DC's digital solicit magazine thing had some additional info and preview art. Love that Jim Lee's variant is "Batman and TBD" - not even pretending he sticks to the same schedule as the rest of them.

Astonishing Member

Chip Zdarsky drawing Batman. Hell yeah.

Extraordinary Member

Generations? Story originally written for Generation One, which was solicited for May but cancelled (and not due to COVID - Generation Two wasn't solicited for June, so it had apparently already been cancelled by March), perhaps?

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...ges-for-batman

Written by Dan Jurgens with layouts and finished art by Jurgens and Kevin Nowlan, “Generations: Fractured” pits Batman against a would-be gang of museum vandals, led by Calendar Man. As the Dark Knight tries to stop him from torching priceless artifacts, a mysterious flash of light appears to break reality, and Batman finds that everything is different in Gotham, as he’s transported back to 1939!

Eisner award-winning writer Mariko Tamaki and artist Dan Mora team up to tell a tie-in story to “The Joker War.” In “A Gift,” The Joker’s attack on Batman and Gotham City leaves a GCPD officer dead. His partner identifies the perpetrator as the Caped Crusader, swearing that he’ll bring him to justice. This tragedy forces Batman to reluctantly open the pages of a mysterious “black casebook,” the contents of which are yet to be known.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-10-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A good amount of the writers on this one at least wrote Detective Comics. It annoys me with some of these anniversary titles, they don't have many people who've actually worked on the titles doing the work.

I don't know how you can do this book with no Alan Grant, Chuck Dixon, or Graham Nolan participation.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'd buy it just for Grant Morrison's story. Best Batman writer ever. I just wish Paul Dini was there.