Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Detective Comics #1027 Special Announced

Comics' Best Storytellers Honor Batman in Detective Comics #1027!
    Light the Bat-signal, because Detective Comics #1027 is headed your way this September 15! In honor of Batman’s first appearance in Detective Comics #27 on March 30, 1939, this special 144-page celebration is poised to truly spotlight the “Detective” in Detective Comics. Batman and his allies will have a mountain of mysteries to solve, taking them from the seediest corners of Gotham City to the farthest reaches of the DC universe, plus a few early hints at what’s in store for the future of the Caped Crusader!

A book of this magnitude deserves the best storytellers in comics and a must-read lineup of DC’s most prolific writers and artists are rising to meet the challenge, including Greg Rucka/Eduardo Risso, Grant Morrison/Chris Burnham, Tom King/Walt Simonson, James Tynion IV/Riley Rossmo, Peter J. Tomasi/Brad Walker, Dan Jurgens, Marv Wolfman/Emanuela Lupacchino and Bill Sienkiewicz, Brian Michael Bendis/David Marquez, Mariko Tamaki/Dan Mora, Scott Snyder/Ivan Reis, Kelly Sue DeConnick/John Romita Jr and Klaus Janson, and Matt Fraction/Chip Zdarsky.

Well, now that's what I call a lot of big names.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're really gonna do this every time they hit a 27 aren't they

144 pages - holy crap that's a book. Wonder what the price tag on that will be. First monthly comic to be priced higher than $9.99?

Edit: Never mind - it's $9.99. Actually more content than the Catwoman and Joker books for the same price.
    Cheers - CL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    144 pages - holy crap that's a book. Wonder what the price tag on that will be. First monthly comic to be priced higher than $9.99?

Edit: Never mind - it's $9.99. Actually more content than the Catwoman and Joker books for the same price.
    Yeah, my first reaction was that I hoped this was a standalone book like I think Action Comics had when it hit 1000 and not some $20 issue I would 'have' to buy, but compared to other $10 milestone books, I might actually buy this one.

And a greast list of very few people who have worked on the book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Batman and his allies will have a mountain of mysteries to solve,
    I'm actually a bit surprised anyone else will be in this.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Daaaaaamn, I really like the list of creative teams signed up for this special
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Jesus! Never thought I'd see the day Morrison and Tynion are grouped together or Tynion is listed as one of DC's most prolific writer's.

Scott Synder this is on you. DC needs some fresh blood.

Not going to be picking this up. Aside from Morrison and Synder being the only ones that interests me of the bunch.

I've had enough of Batman and Synder said everything of relevance he had to say on Batman a while ago and is pretty much a meme at this point.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

EaPA74lWsAAmIVh.jpg

lmao why Alfred and Dick look like they killed The Waynes

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm actually a bit surprised anyone else will be in this.
    Hopefully it's limited to just Dick and Alfred. Those two are the only allies Bruce needs.

Remember when Snyder said Last Knight on Earth would be the last time he wrote a story focused on Bruce Wayne Batman? Lmao I swear the man just can’t help himself . Great creative line up though, will definitely be checking this out.

Seems like an all-star lineup for this milestone .

I only wish Paul Dini was in there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hopefully it's limited to just Dick and Alfred. Those two are the only allies Bruce needs.
    Ha! Jokes.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I prefer just Gordon and Alfred myself on the ally front. To each their own.