Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I dunno, I feel like adding Misty and Colleen would just make it seem like another Daughters of the Dragon/Heroes for Hire reincarnation and anyone else would just take a back seat to them. Also I like Misty in New York

I actually totally forgot about White Tiger, she'd be a good addition for Alphaxman's cat heroes one-shot! It might be a bit of overkill having another cat-themed HTH fighter on a smaller ongoing team when Patsy and Greer are already there though....maybe we could revamp one of the weirdos from Spider-Woman's old series like the Shroud or Poltergeist! I don't think they all necessarily need to be cat-themed as long as there's some obvious cat connection. I mean Birds of Prey only really had Black Canary named after a bird...as far as a name, I thought Pride sounded cool but the Runaways might have something to say about that lol ;p
    There was also Lady Blackhawk and later Hawk and Dove.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Add in Misty Knight and Colleen Wing and call it Daughters of the Dragon, or call it Heroes for Hire. Get in White Tiger while they're at it.
    Daughters of the Dragon is similar to saying Friends of Iron Fist. I don't think it's an appropriate title for a new group. Heroes for Hire never seems to take off -- and I'd probably avoid that as well. I guess Lady Liberators is up for grabs, but I think that best left to She-Hulk, Thundra and Valkyrie.

Astonishing Member

Oh, Madame Web (Julia Carpenter) would certainly fit into the Oracle role, but maybe that would be a bit too close to Birds of Prey.

An idea I proposed for Tigra in an Elseworlds of sorts:

Origin: Greer Grant is a half-human hybrid. Her father is a human while her mother is of the Cat people, a race feline humanoids from another dimension. Greer was raised by both her parents in-between realms. She works as detective aiding both the human and non-human communities in cases that crossover.

Powers: Tigra's strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina and healing far greatly exceed that of a human and normal cat person. She can move in the blink of an eye and increase her speed and strength further thanks to training in the Cat people's martial arts styles and is capable of brief Flash Steps. She can take the form of a cat-like animal, in her case a tiger, similar to other Cat people. She can also access two other beast-like forms that increase her stats but run the risk of making her too feral to control.

Tigra's allies include Ches, a cat creature trained magic and her friend on the force, Billy Nelson.

Given the mystical nature of Tigra's powers, what abilities would you add to her set that would make her more versatile without skyrocketing her to the level of Thor, Loki or Dr Strange.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Given the mystical nature of Tigra's powers, what abilities would you add to her set that would make her more versatile without skyrocketing her to the level of Thor, Loki or Dr Strange.
    Using her connection to the extra-dimensional home of the demon cat-people to skip briefly between dimensions and do a short-range teleport. Nothing even across town, just like a city-block or so (or even less?), but perhaps multiple times in quick succession?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Using her connection to the extra-dimensional home of the demon cat-people to skip briefly between dimensions and do a short-range teleport. Nothing even across town, just like a city-block or so (or even less?), but perhaps multiple times in quick succession?
    That's a start.

Any other ideas?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would give her the ability to channel and augment the characteristics of various felines, like a cheetah's speed, a lion's musculature, a tiger's mass, (with visual changes to her physiology to suit) but only as needed and...change her markings accordingly like becoming black panther-hued for additional stealth and camouflage.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-08-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would give her the ability to channel and augment the characteristics of various felines, like a cheetah's speed, a lion's musculature, a tiger's mass, (with visual changes to her physiology to suit) but only as needed and...change her markings accordingly like becoming black panther-hued for additional stealth and camouflage.
    Ooh, I like these, especially the fur-color-shifting!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Another interesting choice. I'll do some research on cat people folklore to see if there are other abilities that could be added.

I thought of another power for Greer. Remember when for a time she had "two souls" one human, another a tiger. What if in human form (she can still change back right?), she could channel her tiger soul to increase her physical abilities without changing and then when she transforms into Tigra she gains a massive boost comparable to Kaine or the Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought of another power for Greer. Remember when for a time she had "two souls" one human, another a tiger. What if in human form (she can still change back right?), she could channel her tiger soul to increase her physical abilities without changing and then when she transforms into Tigra she gains a massive boost comparable to Kaine or the Thing.
    In her human form, Greer does have increased abilities gained from her training, the machines of Dr Tumolo and original cat suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In her human form, Greer does have increased abilities gained from her training, the machines of Dr Tumolo and original cat suit.
    All the more reason to why Greer should never had been recreated as Tigra, who should have been a brand new character for an independent comic book publisher instead of Marvel Comics...

Astonishing Member

What's done is done. Cat, at the time, was viewed as a failed character. I think she had all the makings of a great characters, but issues 2-4 really failed to build on the premise of the first issue.

People like characters that tie into other characters --- even when that character failed to find a market. So, in that respect, it made sense to use Greer/the Cat. I wish the Marvel Chillers issues had followed up on the premise of Tigra being both Cat and Tigra. Instead, they had Greer locked in as Tigra -- which limited story potential. Then future writers really emphasized her feral nature --- which again limited story potential.

I guess Cat could make a comeback, but she'd need a new costume -- one that couldn't get confused with Hellcat's. And then she could be Cat or Tigra. That concept is interesting -- though it could be confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    All the more reason to why Greer should never had been recreated as Tigra, who should have been a brand new character for an independent comic book publisher instead of Marvel Comics...
    I never said that Greer should hgave been made over as Tigra......