Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Default Tigra (Greer Grant Nelson) Appreciation 2020

An appreciation thread for Greer Grant Nelson, who first appeared in The Cat #1 (November, 1972).

1972:

1974:

1976:

Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-11-2020 at 12:18 PM.

1983:

1994:

2002:

2009:

2010:

2018:

Love Greer! Wish we had more stories from when she was the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love Greer! Wish we had more stories from when she was the Cat.
    Agreed. If they ever want to push her character again I hope they revert her to the Cat.

Ultimate Member

I will always hold out a hope that when we see Tigra again, they will be some focus on her status as a single mother and the kid will NOT be tossed in a blender

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will always hold out a hope that when we see Tigra again, they will be some focus on her status as a single mother and the kid will NOT be tossed in a blender
    ...I keep forgetting she has a kid...

While I like Tigra, she always seemed to be the odd man out when it came to Avengers teams.

She doesn't have any factors that stand out in my head when it comes to her. She kind of just there.

She needs a new story
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hi, I'm in total agreement with Poenixx9, that we should have more stories from when she was The Cat, and White Crown--they don't HAVE to "revert" her: these could simply be tales from Before the Change. That's the 'philosophy' (heh) of the whole "YEAR ONE" (isn't it always upper-cased screamed?) presentation. Anyway, she really does have a good, solid backstory that's never been much expanded on. And for now, my favorite Tigra image is that good ol' West Coast Avengers cover.

And juan678, thanks for the links, great reading.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I keep forgetting she has a kid...
    Same here. I wasn't sure if he'd been ret-conned or not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Hi, I'm in total agreement with Poenixx9, that we should have more stories from when she was The Cat, and White Crown--they don't HAVE to "revert" her: these could simply be tales from Before the Change. That's the 'philosophy' (heh) of the whole "YEAR ONE" (isn't it always upper-cased screamed?) presentation. Anyway, she really does have a good, solid backstory that's never been much expanded on. And for now, my favorite Tigra image is that good ol' West Coast Avengers cover.

A "Year One" type story could be a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind seeing Greer grow closer to Patsy Walker ( that could be the framing device). Most fans don't generally think of Hellcat as a legacy character, but in a certain sense she sorta is.

I want her to be on an international team, or a spy- based group. Her powers are suited to stealth missions. Very under-used ability.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post

Hi matt. Thanks for liking my idea. I have always wanted more stories and Greer looks so good in her Cat-costume. While a little less powerful than her Tigra form, Greer seemed to be a better heroine in her Cat identity. I also liked all of her Cat powers.