Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default US Agent "American Zealots"

Anyone else read issue 1 today?

it's out already? wow. hopefully it builds a following.

Read it. Reminded me of his Black Panther work. Definitely sensing an Everett Ross/T'Challa vibe here. As for the book itself, it's Priest being Priest, meaning there are a lot of things I'm not getting right now, but down the line they'll make sense. Overall though, I'm liking what I'm reading. Walker's attitude isn't directly stated, but you get a good sense of what others think about him.

I'm in it for the long haul. Liked this issue and looking forward to the next.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

This was Priest doin what Priest do and I'm shocked to actually say I enjoyed a US Agent comic. Definitely on board for next issue.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anyone else read issue 1 today?
    I did! Very excited to get the new Priest series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's out already? wow. hopefully it builds a following.
    I hope so too! I hope they give Priest some cool guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Read it. Reminded me of his Black Panther work. Definitely sensing an Everett Ross/T'Challa vibe here. As for the book itself, it's Priest being Priest, meaning there are a lot of things I'm not getting right now, but down the line they'll make sense. Overall though, I'm liking what I'm reading. Walker's attitude isn't directly stated, but you get a good sense of what others think about him.

I'm in it for the long haul. Liked this issue and looking forward to the next.
    I'm still only a few arcs into his Black Panther, but the way he structures it really reminds me of Batman v Deathstroke, with the interviews, and of course his typical non-chronological structuring. The dialogue was pure brilliant, dry Priest, and Jeanty surprised me by not reminding me too much of how much I hate his work on Buffy.

The way he draws sympathy for really bad characters, in this case through the Agent's sister, and the persistent hammering questions of the pizza guy (completely awesome character, btw) - it's so much of why I love Priest. In these days, there's an easy moral good and evil in comics that are lazily tied to "nice" and "mean" ideas of the political bubbles that the writers tend to live in. But Priest offers no apologies for wrongdoing, like the Agent's lazy bigotry, while still giving you sympathy for his human history and feelings. I'm super stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This was Priest doin what Priest do and I'm shocked to actually say I enjoyed a US Agent comic. Definitely on board for next issue.
    I've never read a US Agent comic - I'll be curious to see if this inspires me to check out some more. The Inhumans: Once and Future Kings miniseries that Priest did only inspired a little exploration, but US Agent has more of my type of character than the Inhumans, so I might dig deeper!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

US Agent got a new comic? I might have to check it out.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    US Agent got a new comic? I might have to check it out.
    Indeed! Join us for discussion!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I knew nothing about this. I love US Agent and I will for sure be checking this out!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's awesome to see interest! I personally think this will be a great little series, and I really adore Marco Checcetto's art for the covers.

But why is he saying "Skol"?

I was a little underwhelmed, but I enjoy Priest's work and I liked the art -- plus I like supporting the books of C-list characters, especially those with solid creative teams -- so I'm going to continue buying under the assumption that I'll enjoy it more as we go along.

I think I'm a little over the "regularish guy joins our hero on an adventure" trope, but again, I'm sure the Pizza Guy will grow on me -- especially if he ends up having "a thing" -- like he's the brother of a villain or a secret agent or something.

-Pav, who is trying to recall ever having read a comic with USAgent before...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I liked this first issue.
    Oddly, I think my favorite part is the way US Agent used his shield on his bike, the same way Reb Brown did in the old Captain America TV movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I liked this first issue.
    Oddly, I think my favorite part is the way US Agent used his shield on his bike, the same way Reb Brown did in the old Captain America TV movies.
    I love that this happened and we as a country just let it happen. To Hell with Trump this is what America should be ashamed of.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

hmm.. I wonder if Everitt K. Ross will show up at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm.. I wonder if Everitt K. Ross will show up at all?
    That would be hilarious and also awesome. He did write Ross in the Black Panther Annual a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love that this happened and we as a country just let it happen. To Hell with Trump this is what America should be ashamed of.
    I watched the heck out of those movies as a kid, I won’t lie.
    Anyway, intentional or not, that was a nice callback. Story wise, I’m def. sticking around to see where this goes.