Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I believe I heard that one of the reason for Bendis's fondness of Kitty Pryde was due to her being in Jewish. (From what I heard, Bendis himself is Jewish as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, especially in All-New Ultimates where they became roommates and teammates.
    I seem to recall there were a couple of clues that Jessica might've had a crush on Kitty that never really went anywhere. Even if Kitty wasn't into girls, kinda seemed like a missed opportunity. (Actually, Ultimate Jessica seems like a missed opportunity in general, given how little was done with her despite all the potential. They can't all be Harley Quinns or anything, but still.)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'll admit, I loved the Peter and Kitty relationship. She was a decent, nice person... who had enough powers that the whole 'I have to keep my girlfriend safe' simply didn't apply. It's also one of the first real stories that actually didn't feel like a total ripoff of the traditional 616 stories.

It felt new and fresh and made sense.
    I liked how the dynamics made sense (Kitty having a thing for Spidey had been seeded much earlier and they were both broken up and lonely). It might not've been the most complex relationship written (I've seen stories where the writing gave the lovebirds more to bond over and deeper things to work out and all that), but it made sense, and the break up was pretty well thought out. I took it to be that Kitty realized that she was in love with Peter for real about the time that he was realizing that he wasn't. When the time for the actual break up, I'm glad that they had the guts to not have Kitty be the bad guy and for Peter to handle it as badly as possible. Even if a lot of us were rooting for Mary Jane (I was) and it was pretty obvious that Peter had never fallen out of love with her (a recurring point in the series), Kitty was sympathetic enough that we did feel sorry for her when the time came.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Remember that dude who was into peter x kitty who posted all the time about how this was the best couple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The purpose was simpler than that: it allowed to tie the Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men comics closer, and reinforce the "shared universe" thing.
    Something that has not happened with Spider-Man 616. Would love to see a reestablishment a shared universe between the X-Men and Spider-Man...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I believe I heard that one of the reason for Bendis's fondness of Kitty Pryde was due to her being in Jewish. (From what I heard, Bendis himself is Jewish as well)
    Ultimate Peter Parker is Jewish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Something that has not happened with Spider-Man 616. Would love to see a reestablishment a shared universe between the X-Men and Spider-Man...
    It feels pretty natural too when so many fans still consider Iceman and Firestar to be is Amazing Friends... It wouldn't take much at all to cement that in the comics.

Astonishing Member

They're probably the same age by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Ultimate Peter Parker is Jewish as well.
    No, it's specifically mentioned in the comics that Ultimate Peter is not Jewish.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No, it's specifically mentioned in the comics that Ultimate Peter is not Jewish.
    He just talks like he is.

But then again, so do most Bendis characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He just talks like he is.

But then again, so do most Bendis characters.
    Well, as a New Yorker, it makes sense he might (although quite a few Yiddish words have become common English phrases; I'm not Yiddish or a New Yorker, but I say "schmuck" sometimes).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they have something like a ten year age gap in 616. In Ultimate, they were the same age. Kitty was also later on a teammate of Miles in All-New Ultimates - the Ultimate Universe's version of the Young Avengers (the other team members were Bombshell, Cloak, Dagger, and Jessica Drew). At the same time, her 616 counterpart was teaching the time displaced O5 X-Men, and a couple of years later would take charge of the entire school.

Do they still seems they are both presented as mid 20's now. Seems like no more than 5 years at this point.

Kitty and Peter are both on the second tier of science big brains it could be fun to have them teamup for an arc or two.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Do they still seems they are both presented as mid 20's now. Seems like no more than 5 years at this point.

Kitty and Peter are both on the second tier of science big brains it could be fun to have them teamup for an arc or two.
    Uh-huh. That would definitely be an interesting interaction. Would they have the same chemistry as their Ultimate counterparts, though? Alas, unless she gets resurrected soon, it'll have to be a flashback story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post

Yeah, no matter how you look at it, Peter started his career pretty young. Civil War said 15... i think it should have been closer to senior year since he graduated in only issue 28... So worst case scenario he'd have been about the same age as Colossus when she debuted. 18-22ish... tops. Now? She's typically what? 20-22? and he's not quite 30?

probably couldn't have been done back in the 70's, but now, the ages wouldn't be that big of a problem.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, no matter how you look at it, Peter started his career pretty young. Civil War said 15... i think it should have been closer to senior year since he graduated in only issue 28... So worst case scenario he'd have been about the same age as Colossus when she debuted. 18-22ish... tops. Now? She's typically what? 20-22? and he's not quite 30?

probably couldn't have been done back in the 70's, but now, the ages wouldn't be that big of a problem.
    It used to be implied in the older, i.e. pre-2000s, comics that he started out at 16-17, but then "Ultimate creep" happened to him, like the rest of the 616 Marvel Universe, so his starting age was reset/retconned as 15.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It used to be implied in the older, i.e. pre-2000s, comics that he started out at 16-17, but then "Ultimate creep" happened to him, like the rest of the 616 Marvel Universe, so his starting age was reset/retconned as 15.
    The first few issue were more real time than later ones. That's why Peter was 15-16 when he started and then graduated high school.