Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The first few issue were more real time than later ones. That's why Peter was 15-16 when he started and then graduated high school.
    Also a good point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'll admit, I loved the Peter and Kitty relationship. She was a decent, nice person... who had enough powers that the whole 'I have to keep my girlfriend safe' simply didn't apply. It's also one of the first real stories that actually didn't feel like a total ripoff of the traditional 616 stories.

It felt new and fresh and made sense.
    Yeah, it seemed a couple that made sense. They were cute together.

Have any writers ever brought the 616 versions together and homaged or poked fun at the Ultimate relationship in any way?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Have any writers ever brought the 616 versions together and homaged or poked fun at the Ultimate relationship in any way?
    I wish that Marvel wasn't allowed to kill off the Ultimate Universe. The moment when Bendis was allowed to kill off Peter Parker. The brand was in a free fall when Marvel created the Ultimatum storyline. Joe Quesada said that the moment when the Ultimate Universe does crossover stories with the Marvel-616, it would be the end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

That would be too jarring, honestly.

I would've preferred Rogue but i thought it was fun. I don't mind Peter dating a mutant in the 616 and it doesn't have to be Kitty.

I haven't read that part of Ultimate yet, but i never liked the idea on principle, i would have prefer Felicia (sometimes i feel that Bendis make her adult just to not adress it) or another related spider characther if you want to go for the angle of him dating a powered woman.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would've preferred Rogue but i thought it was fun. I don't mind Peter dating a mutant in the 616 and it doesn't have to be Kitty.
    X-Men Forever was worth it just for that one scene/issue of Spider-Man with Nightcrawler-powered Rogue. Oh, and the 90s animated series team-up . . . I could have sworn she was flirting with Spider-Man a bit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Brilliant! Can't say enough how much I enjoyed the Bendis version of Ultimate Pete.

In fact, Ultimate Clone Saga is still superior to the '90s version in every way conceivable. One of the results of that is Ultimate Spider-Woman, and she's still a personal favorite of mine. I still LOVE her interactions with everyone connected to Pete (especially Ultimate Kitty Pryde):

I think the 90s clone saga had better stories in it than Ultimate Clone Saga so I would take the best parts of the 90s clone saga over Ultimate Spider-Man period.

Astonishing Member

Kitty and Peter were great for the short-time they were together. I will say that if I had to give Spider-Man a superhero girlfriend, Kitty Pryde is probably the most logical choice. I'm guessing it's due to them both being conceptualized as everyman characters and underdogs relative to the rest of the MU (in Peter's case due to being poor and a nerd, and in Kitty's case it's due to being a mutant). Also they are both very smart and have a passion for teaching.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    My vote would be Betsy Braddock and Peter Parker...

Astonishing Member

Be careful. There's only one 616 Peter. If we flirt with too many ships, they'll break up Peter and MJ again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Be careful. There's only one 616 Peter. If we flirt with too many ships, they'll break up Peter and MJ again.
    They can be platonic, which is going around the romance. The truth is when Peter is with a fellow super heroine, it can become an expanded story line where their common plot comes together, as well as their friendship. Shared interests and shared upbringing makes for a very good relationship.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-21-2020 at 09:01 PM.