Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Sorry, not sure I understand this question. Are we talking about how he could have been written better?

Currently, poor Kylo Ren doesn't have room for much potential.

The previews and the first few minutes of the movie he appeared in the fans were intrigued
    When he took off his mask I heard a few people snickering
    Poe and Rey making fun of him didn't help his case
    When he yelled "Traitor" at Finn, the entire theater was laughing

Kylo Ren didn't exactly leave a similar footprint that Vader or the Alien Queen did

My co-worker took his family to Disney World. When "Kylo Ren" appeared, my friend heard a dad say along the lines of, "Don't worry son, this guy never won a fight" and everybody in the ride was laughing

Overall, he was the village idiot of the Star Wars Villains

Poor Skywalkers. They really deserved better.

If we're talking about how he should have been written, then yes he had extreme potential. Ren's Costume looked very similar to Revan's. Disney should have also stolen some of Revan's Story and applied it to Ren's.

My point is give this guy an actual story. For example, Ben Solo became weary of the fighting between the empire and rebels. He was excelling/getting bored with Jedi Training ,wanted more power, and became fascinated with his grandfather. So he joins the First Order to bring order to the galaxy. In his mind, he thought Grandpa had the right ideas but he went about it the wrong way. There are certain lines he won't cross

Luke...its ok to be bummed out. But he needed to get back up. I'd have him a wandering nomad. He encounters a village about to be crushed by an avalanche. Before he could act, the village elders stopped it using the force. It turns out those elders were the children at the Jedi Temple Vader supposedly killed. (Sorry, I never bought that scene Anakin would do that). Turns out Anakin told those kids, leave and never use the force or else. Those villagers believed him. This gives Luke the spark of hope he needed and goes to save Ben

Ben is saved but unfortunately Luke or Leia passes away doing it. Its the perfect way for one of them to go. This leaves Ben's Story an open book for a new chapter.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-26-2020 at 08:00 AM.