Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Spectacular Member

Comment deleted, OP updated
    Last edited by MatthewFieldhouse; 06-12-2020 at 10:04 AM.

So....Shazam 15 is it?

I'm very surprised Shazam is ending already I hope it's relaunched soon. I thought it had decent sales.
    Looks like a lot of other books are also ending their runs, at least judging by the issue descriptions. JLO, Outsiders, Suicide Squad etc.

I think we're in for some big changes, even without 5G.

Well let see here

-I'm all in on the Death Metal one-shots, though probably not tie-ins like Justice League. So basically Speed Metal, Trinity Crisis, and Multiverse End
    -DCeased is something I love so yeah getting that
    -I'm all in on Hawkman to see past lives with the JSA
    -Other then that I will continue to keep an eye on Legion of Superheroes, Young Justice, and Suicide Squad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sticking with The Green Lantern and Justice league Dark. Might pick up Wonder Woman if like the new writer's issues beforehand though don't care for Max Lord being shoehorned back into her corner of the universe.

DCeased looks like crap but that is to be expected.

Astonishing Member

Crush can't be a worse leader than Damian, but no one on the current Teen Titans roster is fit to lead ANYTHING. I wonder why they haven't replaced the entire roster yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    So....Shazam 15 is it?
    Ugh. That is infuriating.

Johns takes SO long teasing out a revamp of the Monster Society of Evil, then he gets one or two issues to explore the entire group and then leaves, with some other guy providing the final issue.

I would have loved to read another year's worth of Shazam comics exploring the revamp of each of those villains.

- Crush as the leader of the Teen Titans? Kid Flash has consistently been shown to be the best leader for the team, if not co-leader with Red Arrow. -sigh- I bet they're gonna use Crush as an example to go "see, Robin HAS to lead the team. look how much worse things are without him" before handing the team back to Damian; who is NOT a leader despite what DC tries to tell us. I'm interested to see how they make this make sense but I hope they either stick with Crush or hand the role off to Wallace or at least Emiko.

- Aquaman, Red Hood, and Suicide Squad are looking great per usual

- Bryan Hill is burning so many fucking issues on this Ras al Ghul storyline. smh he's gonna end up wasting his entire run on this one arc, and I don't think he realizes just how little headway he's made with these character in the grand scheme of things. if this wasn't a "Batman book" DC would've pulled the plug, which they very much could be planning on doing anyday now, and that is frustrating because he's writing a book full of people of color and he's squandering his chance to make these characters more dynamic by spinning his wheels with this goddamn Ras storyline. I like Bryan Hill, aside from Duke he does a pretty good job with Outsiders but he is trying my patience with this egregious pacing

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Crush can't be a worse leader than Damian, but no one on the current Teen Titans roster is fit to lead ANYTHING. I wonder why they haven't replaced the entire roster yet.
    because, with all due respect, that would be regressive and kinda stupid.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-13-2020 at 12:31 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

-Batman: Three Jokers #2
    -Strange Adventures #5
    -Victor and Nora: A Gotham Love Story TP
    -Superman #25
    -Action Comics #1025
    -Batman/Superman #12
    -Batman/Superman Annual #
    -The Flash # 761
    -The Flash # 762
    -Hawkman #27
    -Legion of Super-Heroes #9
    -Shazam! #15
    -Young Justice #18

I don't read Hawkman but having the JSA makes it an instant buy.

I dropped Batman and Detective Comics because both weren't that great anymore and I'm tired of Joker constantly. So of course they add Joker to Batman/Superman. Ugh.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Random Thoughts -

*Glad to see them offer both the standard issue + Deluxe Edition of Detective Comics #1027 at the same time; saves me double dipping down the road!

*Lots and lots of Batman across the board... no surprise there <eyeroll>

*At $6 a pop, gonna have to be pretty picky on which Death Metal tie-ins I pick up.

*Super excited for Hellblazer: Rise & Fall! Wish it was monthly though.

*For the love of god, when will JRJr's chicken scratched reign of terror on Action Comics be over?!

*Any word on who'd taking over Flash post-Williamson?

*Not sure if that's just a random green hood, or Hal-as-the-Spectre, but I'm loving the GL #7 cover!

*Haven't been crazy about Venditti's Hawkman overall, but the solicits for the next few issues sound really good!

*Disappointed (but not surprised) to see Shazam! ending so soon.

*The Sandman Universe line is now down to just Hellblazer and The Dreaming?! I guess not even Gaiman's endorsement could save it.

*Price points on collections seem to be all over the place...

*The Doomsday Clock complete collection is a paperback while the previous split volumes are hardcover? Okay...

*So glad they're completing PAD's Young Justice! Now if only they'd to the same for his Aquaman and Supergirl...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post

Johns takes SO long teasing out a revamp of the Monster Society of Evil, then he gets one or two issues to explore the entire group and then leaves, with some other guy providing the final issue.

I would have loved to read another year's worth of Shazam comics exploring the revamp of each of those villains.
    Yep! Pretty disappointing.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    - Crush as the leader of the Teen Titans? Kid Flash's consistently been shown to be the best leader for the team, if not co-leader with Red Arrow. -sigh- I bet they're gonna use Crush as an example to go "see, Robin HAS to lead the team. look how much worse things are without him" before handing the team back to Damian; who is NOT a leader despite what DC tries to tell us. I'm interested to see how they make this make sense but I hope they either stick with Crush or hand the role off to Wallace or at least Emiko.

- Aqualad, Red Hood, and Suicide Squad are looking great per usual

- Bryan Hill is burning so many fucking issues on this Ras al Ghul storyline. smh he's gonna end up wasting his entire run on this one arc, and I don't think he realizes just how little headway he's made with these character in the grand scheme of things. if this wasn't a "Batman book" DC would've pulled the plug, which they very much could be planning on doing anyday now, and that is frustrating because he's writing a book full of people of color and he's squandering his chance to make these characters more dynamic by spinning his wheels with this goddamn Ras storyline. I like Bryan Hill, aside from Duke he does a pretty good job with Outsiders but he is trying my patience with this egregious pacing

because, with all due respect, that would be regressive and kinda stupid.
    I'm going to mad if Crush is put in charge just to make Damian look good, but based on what we've seen of her so far, I don't think she'd be a good leader. Editorial needs to realize that Damian as a leader doesn't really work.

The current Outsiders run is ridiculous. This Ras arc should've been resolved six issues ago. Its not bad, but I'm struggling to like it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Solicitations!

batgirl #49
    amethyst #6
    aquaman #63
    the green lantern season two #7

'Joker War' sounds outstandingly dull.

I'm going to dip into 'Death Metal' for sure, but probably once it's all over. I liked the total lunacy of the first joint. Plus, Snyder sure knows how to craft a comic book- even if I don't typically vibe with his stuff.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-12-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post

Are we getting another Johns' issue? This one is by Loveness same as the #12 fill-in. I'm wondering if Johns' story will just be left hanging on that cliffhanger from #11