Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Batman: Three Jokers #2 (probably)
    Batman and the Outsiders #16
    Red Hood: Outlaw #49

Spectacular Member

Modest month for me. Maybe the Batman/Superman Annual as a fun one-shot story. With all the dollar comics cancelled, the $1.99 DC Classics: Batman Adventures is all that's left for really affordable entertainment. And it's nice to see Looney Tunes continuing.

Batman 98 & 99
    Red Hood Outlaw 49

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Are we getting another Johns' issue? This one is by Loveness same as the #12 fill-in. I'm wondering if Johns' story will just be left hanging on that cliffhanger from #11
    Loveness only did issues 12 and 15. 13 and 14 are by Johns, with 14 being longer than normal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Detective comics #1027
    batman #98
    batman #99
    nightwing #74
    batgirl #49
    catwoman #25
    batman: Three jokers #2
    justice league #53 doom metal!
    Batman: The joker war zone #1
    Batman - Daredevil

Will pull:
    Both Flash issues
    Speed Metal

Maybe:
    Hawkman since the JSA will make an appearance ( I guess that’s as good as I am going to get these days )

Dropping like a hot potato Shazam. Have no interest in reading two fill in issues and Geoff Johns half assed rushed ending.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I’m officially looking forward to Speed Metal more than the event itself.

Hoping to get the Justice League International
    Omnibus vol2 and New Teen Titans Omnibus
    Vol 5

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm going to mad if Crush is put in charge just to make Damian look good, but based on what we've seen of her so far, I don't think she'd be a good leader. Editorial needs to realize that Damian as a leader doesn't really work.

The current Outsiders run is ridiculous. This Ras arc should've been resolved six issues ago. Its not bad, but I'm struggling to like it.
    I feel you on Outsiders, this opening arc should've been 6-12 issues MAX, if Hill wanted to make Ras be an overarching villain for over 16 issues he's should've been seeding him through out his run in and between different adventures. the Outsiders were supposed to be out there dealing with the cosmic fall out and dangerous weapons on the black market from Metal and No Justice. in 12 issues they saved one girl (kinda), while getting bested multiple times. we're 12 issues in and the Outsiders barely are all together interacting as a team, it's usually Duke and Cass over here, Katana and Black Lightning or Black Lightning and Batman other there, then they'll link up when it's time for Katana, Black Lightning, and Orphan to fight. I honestly think Hill just a) has been spending too much time with trying to craft a grand Ras al Ghul plot, and b) clearly would've preferred to try his hand at a straight up Batman book.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Will pull:
    Both Flash issues
    Speed Metal

Maybe:
    Hawkman since the JSA will make an appearance ( I guess that’s as good as I am going to get these days )

Dropping like a hot potato Shazam. Have no interest in reading two fill in issues and Geoff Johns half assed rushed ending.
    Snyder confirmed the JSA are in death metal in a Podcast, they're just not major players
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Thoughts:

- That is a pretty star-studded 'Tec anniversary issue.

- Red Hood "without his allies?" is this talking about the Batfamily or his normal team? Probably the former.

- Wally got Barry, Jay, and Wallace but not Bart? It's nice to see him in a leading role though .

- I hope that War Zones cover isn't just teasing a return from Cass in her Batgirl costume. Otherwise we've got John Ridley writing a Luke Fox story that may or may not go anywhere?

- Batman needing Harley's help...does not appeal to me.

- Seeing the real Nightwing again is a sight for sore eyes. Although kind of weird that his return is happening in Batman instead of full-on in his own book, but I guess he got shot in this series to begin with.

- Victor and Nora Fires' love story seems tailor-made for a young adult romance graphic novel.

- Nice to see Jackson's mom be plot relevant (albeit as a hostage). Seems like Aqualad has taken over the book a bit for this arc.

- I was not expecting The Adventure Continues to go full-on St. Dumas with us for Azrael .

- So if Soultaker is broken, the souls are all gone right? And Katan gets separated from her husband and has to cope with that.

- Williamson seems to be doing the staple Batfamily/Superfamily and Bat-Mite vs Mxy stories for his Batman/Superman run .

- So Williamson's Flash run is going to conclude with a final Flash vs. Reverse-Flash fight. I doubt Barry will kill Thawne though.

- I'm down for a Hawkman/JSA story but having Shayera involved is just weird. What about Kendra's JSA connection? What about Kendra in general?

- The solicit for that Justice League annual made me realize how many of the Justice League are investigators, even when you factor in Martian Manhunter. Wonder Woman is a bit of a stretch though. I guess Aquaman investigates the sea? I dunno.

- So the original Justice League Odyssey are finally back in their own book to fight Darkseid? The key to defeating Darkseid isn't Jessica Cruz but Cyborg who was supposed to be the lead of this book? Huh.

- I was not expecting the Metal Men to get involved with all this Dark Multiverse stuff.

- So...Shazam is getting relaunched I guess? Feels like a weird point to end the book.

- It's hard for me to take Deadshot dying seriously when this is comics and I'm 99% sure he'll be back in a few months or by the end of next year. Also, please don't make Ted Kord into a bad guy.

- Looks like Tim and Steph are taking the fight to Cluemaster in Young Justice. Now Steph has a much cooler costume then Tim...

Sigh... still no announcements about new Hill House Comics titles. So frustrating.

Looking at-- everything concerning Death Metal, the most METAL event in the METAL history of METAL comics, the only thing that crosses my mind is "Christ, what a bunch of posers!".

Fantastic Member

Probably going to stick with Teen Titans and maybe check out Batman since it looks like Dick is coming back. Same with Nightwing. Definitely going to get Metal and maybe Hawkman if I have caught up by then.

I would pick up Young Justice since I like Tim and Steph but haven't really liked anything Bendis has done at DC and I have been a lifelong fan of his work.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Yay... another Snyder event... can't wait to ignore it.

Definitely:
    Detective Comics #1027 - Weird time for an anniversary issue but... whatever.
    Batman: Three Jokers #2
    The Green Lantern Season Two #7

Batman: The Man Who Laughs: The Deluxe Edition HC - **** yeah.
    Doom Patrol: Weight Of The Worlds TP - Man is this gonna look weird with the big "DC BLACK LABEL"... label.
    Shazam!: The Deluxe Edition HC - Yay! I missed the first hardcover!

Maybe:
    Batman: The Joker War Zone #1 - If they give Cass a proper Bat-outfit and codename.
    Victor And Nora: A Gotham Love Story TP - If I'm in the mood to have my heart broken.
    Hawkman #27 - I'm trade-waiting Hawkman, but... that cover... dammit, DC! Stop teasing me with JSA stuff! Just give them a series!

Basketful Of Heads HC - This series lost steam after like the third issue, but maybe it reads better in one go.
    The Low, Low Woods HC - This series interests me, but that town name... is that really the name of their town?
    Batman by Tom King and Lee Weeks Deluxe Edition HC - These issues were some of the best of King's very inconsistent and mostly 'meh' run, so maybe.
    Batman: Gotham By Gaslight Deluxe Edition HC - That's a lot for 200 pages...
    Batman: Knight Out HC - Maybe. And that's if it's not in one of the many Knight[x] trades.
    John Constantine: Hellblazer Vol. 1: Marks of Woe TP - I dropped off after the artist change in the second arc, and not sure I want to stick with it.
    Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen: Who Killed Jimmy Olsen? TP - I've heard good things about this but I need to look into it more.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

"Dark Nights: Death Metal Trinity Crisis #1" sounds like a parody title of marketable words. All it needs is a "League".

So... uh... Speed Metal... pretty sure trying to steal Doctor Manhattan powers gets you turned into dust. Like... what?! And Wally is meant to be stuck in the chair... I'm guessing Generations is cancelled? ?I kinda dig the Wallace suit though, ouldn't mind him wearing that when/if he moves on from Kid Flash to a new name. It's a better verison of the already decent Futures End suit he wore.

Wait... the multiverse is ending? Okay... sure.

That Justice League cover makes it look like Dick (?) raided Kraven's wardrobe... kinda dig it.

If Dick's gonna be un-Ric'd for Batman #100, can we please get a new Nightwing ongoing? Like, not a new writer or whatever, an entirely new series to distance it from the Ric Saga.

I'm already sick of Punchline. The hype is so manufactured... thanks for that, speculators. I think the only "new hot character find" of recent memory that was organic was Spider-Gwen.

I like Liar Liar's design. I'm guessing she's Circe's daughter?

That Strange Adventures cover is... uh... off.

Mr. Zero looks very... Alan Scott. I thought he was Ra's or Alan for a second there.

Can't say I'm sad to see Williamson's Flash run end. It had potential but had weird priorities and seemed to be change direction a lot. It felt like it was stalling for time and baiting fans more than actually being a good story. Oh well... also, #761's cover... that's Wally on the top left, right? I know Williamson hinted that he'd be in it, but I'm curious if this means Williamson is undoing the Manhattan powers thing. which would definitely mean bad things for Generations...

When they make Bizarro a hunk lmao.

Sad to see Shazam end. It was fun and had good drama and I was looking forward to Jeff Loveness' work on it, because he's an underrated writer.

That YJ cover... I'd react like Steph if my boyfriend changed his codename to his real name and was wearing that ugly ass outfit

Couldn't even make the Bat-Family (yeah, big family with Batman, Robin, Catwoman and the fucking Joker) an OHC? Really? Yeah, Imma stick to the specials themselves. They're prestige format anyway.

A Doomsday Clock Complete? Really?! I mean... I guess the two hardcovers have already been printed and are being distributed by Diamond, so... maybe that has something to do with it? Because this is... very soon, especially by DC trade standards.

Fables Compendium Vol. 1 AKA How You Get a Fucked Up Spine. Seriously... 1200 page paperback...

I could've sworn Mister Miracle already had an OHC. Like, recently.

Wow, Sandman Deluxes... I think now all we're missing now for formats for that is thicker trades.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force