Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Looks like things are finally starting to look interesting at DC.

Not the biggest fan of Snyder in general but hopeful to see what the DCU will look like post Death Metal and most importantly Didio free.

With all that my list remains pretty much the same as it's been the last year or so.

Definitely.

Speed Metal -Super excited about this one. Wally front and center with the other speedsters in tow. And Eddy Barrows on art. Count me in.

Hawkman #27 - Looks like the upcoming story line will have an effect on the Hawks bringing them to the past. Maybe permanently? Sounds interesting. And always great to have the JSA around. Cool cover as well.

The Green Lantern #7 - Looks interesting as well. Morrisons take on Hal Spectre and GL Rebirth.

The Flash - #761 #762 - Just getting the last few issues of the series. And also for the Flash family finally being back. Great to see Max, Jesse and Jay around. Hope Wally is in there too and theyre just keeping it under wraps not to ruin his role in DM. Other than that ANOTHER showdown with Reverse Flash is just boring already.

Maybe.

The other Death Metal tie ins - They sound interesting but I'll wait for word of mouth to hear if they're good.

JLD #25 - I've been picking this up since issue #1 but with Tynion gone the last few issues I've lost interest. Also the same story line has been dragging on since issue 1 . Kind of tired of it. At this point just getting it out of habit. But probably not for too much longer.

Young Justice #18 - Cool to see Tim and Stephanie front and center but despite having some of my favorites in here this series has been written horribly by Bendis. Was supposed to drop this awhile ago.

Superman #25 - Dropped this awhile ago cause of Bendis but the concept sounds interesting so might check it out.

Three Jokers #2 - John's and Fabok are both awesome and the concept sounds cool. But still going to wait to hear if it's actually good or not.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    - Crush as the leader of the Teen Titans? Kid Flash has consistently been shown to be the best leader for the team, if not co-leader with Red Arrow. -sigh- I bet they're gonna use Crush as an example to go "see, Robin HAS to lead the team. look how much worse things are without him" before handing the team back to Damian; who is NOT a leader despite what DC tries to tell us. I'm interested to see how they make this make sense but I hope they either stick with Crush or hand the role off to Wallace or at least Emiko.

- Aquaman, Red Hood, and Suicide Squad are looking great per usual

- Bryan Hill is burning so many fucking issues on this Ras al Ghul storyline. smh he's gonna end up wasting his entire run on this one arc, and I don't think he realizes just how little headway he's made with these character in the grand scheme of things. if this wasn't a "Batman book" DC would've pulled the plug, which they very much could be planning on doing anyday now, and that is frustrating because he's writing a book full of people of color and he's squandering his chance to make these characters more dynamic by spinning his wheels with this goddamn Ras storyline. I like Bryan Hill, aside from Duke he does a pretty good job with Outsiders but he is trying my patience with this egregious pacing

because, with all due respect, that would be regressive and kinda stupid.
    I think the whole point of both Rebirth TT's run's is to underline the fact that Damian isn't a leader. The kid is emotionally stunned and is about as effective a communicator as his father. I think Crush being the leader is what they've been leading up to.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think the whole point of both Rebirth TT's run's is to underline the fact that Damian isn't a leader. The kid is emotionally stunned and is about as effective a communicator as his father. I think Crush being the leader is what they've been leading up to.
    is it tho? Crush hasn't shown any leadership quality and, besides having no inclination to deceive and violate others, she's not really any better than Damian in regards to emotional intelligence or maturity. reading Glass' run, it reads more like it's leading to Emiko or Wallace leading; especially Wallace. he's been the moral compass of the crew that's constantly calling bullshit on Damian's antics, he was the right hand to Damian that helped formed this team, he's the one willing to communicate and build the rapport with the team. Crush has had some personal growth but she has primarily done nothing but throw tantrums and fight with everyone when she doesn't agree, those are not leadership qualities. it feels like they are using Crush to show overtly bad leadership before handing the role off. I just hope they're not planning to just give it back to Damian because "Robin always leads the Teen Titans".
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    is it tho? Crush hasn't shown any leadership quality and, besides having no inclination to deceive and violate others, she's not really any better than Damian in regards to emotional intelligence or maturity. reading Glass' run, it reads more like it's leading to Emiko or Wallace leading; especially Wallace. he's been the moral compass of the crew that's constantly calling bullshit on Damian's antics, he was the right hand to Damian that helped formed this team, he's the one willing to communicate and build the rapport with the team. Crush has had some personal growth but she has primarily done nothing but throw tantrums and fight with everyone when she doesn't agree, those are not leadership qualities. it feels like they are using Crush to show overtly bad leadership before handing the role off. I just hope they're not planning to just give it back to Damian because "Robin always leads the Teen Titans".
    I think Crush is definitely going to force herself into the leadership role rather then just naturally deserving it.

Astonishing Member

I agree with Damian not being a leader, but I don't think Crush becoming the leader was hinted at and honestly, I don't think she'd be a good leader. If this isn't a cheap tactic by the writer to justify Damian being in charge, I'll be very surprised.

I'm not saying that Crush should lead. I agree that Wallace, Emiko even Thunder are better fits for leadership but If you've ever visited Glass social media she's pushed a lot. He talks her up a bunch too.

We also haven't gotten arc's focusing on Wallace or Emiko building them up

Damian has failed leadership twice now. I can't see any remotely believable way they can twist this and make readers believe he should lead and I'm biased in his favour.

I don't subscribe to the whole Robin's always lead. I recall Cassie leading the team once or was that YJ

Astonishing Member

I'm not saying that Crush should lead. I agree that Wallace, Emiko even Thunder are better fits for leadership but If you've ever visited Glass social media she's pushed a lot. He talks her up a bunch too.

Damian has failed leadership twice now. I can't see any remotely believable way they can twist this and make readers believe he should lead and I'm biased in his favour.

I don't subscribe to the whole Robin's always lead. I recall Cassie leading the team once or was that YJ

There is NO believable way that readers could be fooled into thinking that Damian should lead. However, this run has been full of questionable writing decisions and it wouldn't be the first time that a writer tried to twist things to support a narrative they WANT readers to believe.

Cassie led YJ and TT(during or in the run that followed Johns). Her time as TT leader saw a bunch of characters get killed and she came across as a mean person who only pretended to be nice.

TT hasn't had stable leadership in years.

Jakeem Thunder didn't stay with the team, he left with two genies in tow (his own Thunderbolt and Djinn) last issue.

Cassie led both Young Justice and the Teen Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jakeem Thunder didn't stay with the team, he left with two genies in tow (his own Thunderbolt and Djinn) last issue.

Cassie led both Young Justice and the Teen Titans.
    I wondered what happened to djinn.