Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    At the end of CA she was handed over to Krakoa’s Quiet Council.
    Apocalypse probably intervened in her behalf and pardon her crime to gain her support for the External scheme in Excalibur. I thought she was gonna end up being sacrifice alongside the other externals. I’m glad she survived. I would love for her to align herself with Maddie. I agree, she hope she plays a big role in Krakoan affairs moving forward. It would be nice to continue her partnership with Apocalypse.

It's a shame we don't get more Selene in the core X-books. One of the most powerful female x-villains left and she's plays a more important part in a CA story-line. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It's a shame we don't get more Selene in the core X-books. One of the most powerful female x-villains left and she's plays a more important part in a CA story-line. sigh
    So true! Selene is a great character and the storylines are unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So true! Selene is a great character and the storylines are unlimited.
    Not that I have anything against her (other than her look whenever she's overly sexualized), but what is it about Selene that y'all like? I'm a big fan of female baddies but Selene has never been on my radar, and I'm interested to see why she seems pretty popular here on CBR.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Not that I have anything against her (other than her look whenever she's overly sexualized), but what is it about Selene that y'all like? I'm a big fan of female baddies but Selene has never been on my radar, and I'm interested to see why she seems pretty popular here on CBR.
    Speaking on my behalf.

She has a long history and has a very cunning manner only big time male villains tend to have. She could cause so much chaos if they let her loose, and she's also a boss, meaning she could rely on long term schemes to aid her powers.

She's also more of a Joker than a Magneto-type, meaning she's darker because her evil doesn't come from pain. Those types are hard to pull off so only few characters can do that. For example, Mystique is in a way more sympathetic than Selene will ever be and that's a good thing for Selene. Selene is also very cold like Emma in some ways (Emma being a redeemable) and Emma is very popular here, so that might help.

Well, to start I think Selene is very smart, capable, agressive, ruthless yet could be a team player at the right time with the right people and the right motivation.

She has lived a long time and has a lot of information, knowledge and contacts. Selene can be very sneaky, works well behind the scenes and would not hesitate to go after what she wants.

Selene is very powerful, with mutant, magic and external powers. Selene can be thee worst villainess but I can also see her being thee best heroine (again in the right setting and for the right reasons).

For me it's that she represents so much untapped potential. Necrosha hit close but not totally what I see Selene being capable of.

Selene has the look and powers to be a huge threat to the X-Men, which is somewhat rare for Female X-villains outside of Cassandra and Madelyne (both of which get negative points for me by being doppelgangers of other characters). She posses a wealth of mutant abilities as well as even more powerful sorcery.

I think I also like the fact that she's so ancient. Like Apocayplse, there are probably a lof of unknown connections and history we rarely see brought up from her. We know that she likes to play games within high profile secret societies (Externals, Hellfire Club) as well which is interesting.

And as stated considering how much of a bad habit it is for the franchise to turn female villains in anti-heroes or straight up heel turns (Emma, Mystique, Spiral), she is also refreshingly unrepentant in being a villain.

I might also just have a spot soft for vampiric-like x-characters since I like both Rogue and Emplate too...

Astonishing Member

I wish she is the big bad in the X-Men films in the MCU. I am surprised she does not interact with Apocalypse more often.I mean both are on Krakoa but they don't even exchange pleasantries or jabs.With Arrako and the 1st gen of mutants a big deal it is inconceivable that Selene never heard of Arrako or Okkara and all that went on, since she existed thousands of years before that event.

What they should tease is that although she wasn't close to Apocalypse , she was close to white sword who is perhaps even older than Apocalypse and was banished to Amenth before the war broke out(I mean he was in Amenth probably before Arrakoans ended up there as they say he 'bought them time')

I dont know if Selene will be at all in X of Swords... she has not be shown in any preview... but she should be indeed... I love your idea of her and the White Sword...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Mmm It has been revelead that the non-sword holder characters will play an important role on X of Swords...that givw me some hope reg Selene..
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I want to see a reunion of her Necrosha Inner Circle. Blink, Mortis, Eli Bard, Senyaka and Wither

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I want to see a reunion of her Necrosha Inner Circle. Blink, Mortis, Eli Bard, Senyaka and Wither

Was Necosha a good story/arc? I missed this and wonder if I need to pick it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse probably intervened in her behalf and pardon her crime to gain her support for the External scheme in Excalibur. I thought she was gonna end up being sacrifice alongside the other externals. I’m glad she survived. I would love for her to align herself with Maddie. I agree, she hope she plays a big role in Krakoan affairs moving forward. It would be nice to continue her partnership with Apocalypse.
    I knew she wouldn’t be sacrificed. Excalibur is all about mutants increased ties to magic. She was always going to appear. And yes Apocalypse likely intervened on her behalf to pardon her for support not only here, but fir future conflict against Saturnyne and Morgan Le Fay should she break free.

Come to think if they have a a big battle in otherworldly there are souls for Selene to eat in battle. What a great opportunity Apocalyse gave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was Necosha a good story/arc? I missed this and wonder if I need to pick it up.
    It was... ok. I think the story tried too hard to keep the X-Force team as the main protagonists of the story. Selene probably requires lethal force but spoilers:
    I felt none felt particularly equipped to deal with her threat level. It took a McGuffin in the form of one of Warpaths knives to bring her down which just felt cheap and unsatisfactory. Would've made more sense to have characters with clear connections to Selene serve as in a major role like Magma and Rachel (though she might have been in space at the time?) who should've been brought into the story.
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    At the end of CA she was handed over to Krakoa’s Quiet Council.
    After having her ass handed to her by Sharon Carter, of all people.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman