Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Selene in Captain America is an LMD. (hence the fake name).
    The real Selene Gallio is on Krakoa enjoying eternal youth and beauty.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don´t think it is going to be as easy as that... Editorial has done a botched job. I hope they can fix it in a coherente manner. I want more Lady Selene in Krakoa. She should be in Council instead of Shaw.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I don´t think it is going to be as easy as that... Editorial has done a botched job. I hope they can fix it in a coherente manner. I want more Lady Selene in Krakoa. She should be in Council instead of Shaw.
    I agree.
    I'm not reading CA so as far as I'm concerned...Coates' Selene does not exist.
    And from that perspective Editorial has nothing to fix. Because the X-Office is ignoring it anyway.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Selene in Captain America is an LMD. (hence the fake name).
    The real Selene Gallio is on Krakoa enjoying eternal youth and beauty.
    Is it forbidden for mutants to interfere with human affairs without the consent of the council? Technically, as long as she doesn’t kill humans she is good right? Besides, it would be nice for Selene to interact more with the marvel universe esp since she is not being utilized in the X-Universe. It would be nice to see her have her own crew of goth mutants scheming on the low.

But that is the point.. CA´s Selene is killing humans... Russian soldiers, some inmates, the American farmers of the Church she has stablished.... it is happening at the same time than Krakoa... she is incredibly breaking the law

And on Krakoa now, she's there helping to keep Krakoa sated...and not breaking any laws. Who are you going to "believe"?
    HiX-Man or some X-writer wannabe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And on Krakoa now, she's there helping to keep Krakoa sated...and not breaking any laws. Who are you going to "believe"?
    HiX-Man or some X-writer wannabe?
    She's hardly a big presence in the books, and it's not she's incapable of leaving without anyone noticing. If what's occurring is in real time she is definitely breaking laws and we're to believe Marvel canon. It's not fanfic where you can choose your own canon because anything outside the X-office is personally verboten.

Fantastic Member

Technically, they can retcon the events of Captain America prior to the council’s decision that no humans can be killed. Otherwise, it could be a perfect excuse to create a mutant faction outside of Krakoa comprise of mutant outcasts. Its inevitable especially since it’s within their nature to kill to survive. I’d love to see her go against mutant hunters and sentinels. It’s refreshing to see it from traditional mutant villains perspective because it’s usually the innocent mutants that gets hunted. Maybe she could hook up with Madelyn again esp since they have a prior working relationship.

Coates doesn't care about how his books fit in with others and you shouldn't care about how his books fit in with others, and for the most part you also just shouldn't care about his books.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Always was a fan of her after reading her first appearance in New Mutants. Would love that they do more with her in the current X-Men run.
    After seeing her on the Island in the party shot, I always would have liked to know, what she does and how they handle her "dietary requierements". Being a mutant vampire should have to put some thought in how to handle it. And they already made a mistake in X-Men #3 putting her in the same boat as Emplate. She is not just able to drain mutants.

And her working with Krakatoa can work if they don't make her "stupid evil". Even if she is not really a moral person, the advantage of Krakatoa should be a reason to work with others and being nice (but being nice would not nesc. mean the same for her as for others^^)

Seeing more about how the villians on Krakatoa more or less work is one of the fun aspects for me of this run. I mean earlier they tried to kill each other and now they are officially friends? Jean and Madelyne just meeting for one would be a better event than the usual ones we get.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-15-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Coates doesn't care about how his books fit in with others and you shouldn't care about how his books fit in with others, and for the most part you also just shouldn't care about his books.
    You didn't ask for it, but I'm giving you one anyway...

AMEN!!!

We are getting more Selene.. At Excalibur#12 (a prelude to the X of Swords) we can see her alongide the rest of Xternals

My Goddess be Praised!!!

Cool to Selene and Apocalypse talking to each other.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Talking is fine but I dont see Selene as a henchwoman of anybody... She is thousands of years older than Apocalypse!