Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

How was Selene's showing in NEW MUTANTS FOREVER? She, and Nova Roma, were central to the plot...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was Necosha a good story/arc? I missed this and wonder if I need to pick it up.
    I loved it and it solidified Selene as a major villian and big threat. IMO it was her defining storyline

Selene in Necrosha is pure Selene. Very recomendable. Selene sr Capt. América was ridicolous. Sharon Cartee outmatches someone 17,000 years old experience by making her so "mad" she consumes her energy too fast??!! Come on... Poor lazy writing....
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Selene in Necrosha is pure Selene. Very recomendable. Selene sr Capt. América was ridicolous. Sharon Cartee outmatches someone 17,000 years old experience by making her so "mad" she consumes her energy too fast??!! Come on... Poor lazy writing....
    Selene has already demonstrated that she can imbue another person with a fraction of her power, and make them a 'life-force vampire' like herself, and I am positive that she has the ability to either reshape another person to look and act like her, and serve as a living doppleganger working her will remotely, or convey a more lasting animation to unliving matter (as she already does) and magically reshape it to deceive others into thinking it's actually her they are facing, when it's just a magical simulacrum.

In short. The 'Selene' in Captain America, IMO, was totally a Doombot. Just, yanno, Selene's version of a Doombot, which she probably perfected a couple thousand years before Doom was even conceived...

The upside of this, beyond explaining away any inconsistent portrayals of her as being one of these cheap knock-offs, is that it could allow her to have had an active presence out in the world, even when the real her was kicking back in Nova Roma, back in the day, or Krakoa, now, secluded from the world, and having a servant peel her a grape.

'Cause that sounds totally Selene. "Sorry if I seem distracted. I've got three evil schemes underway at the moment, on different continents. Those Quiet Council children just think that since I'm here on Krakoa, under their watchful eye, I can't possibly be up to no good..."

"They think they're my watchdogs, keeping the world safe from my wicked predations. They're my alibi."
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-20-2020 at 07:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Selene has already demonstrated that she can imbue another person with a fraction of her power, and make them a 'life-force vampire' like herself, and I am positive that she has the ability to either reshape another person to look and act like her, and serve as a living doppleganger working her will remotely, or convey a more lasting animation to unliving matter (as she already does) and magically reshape it to deceive others into thinking it's actually her they are facing, when it's just a magical simulacrum.

In short. The 'Selene' in Captain America, IMO, was totally a Doombot. Just, yanno, Selene's version of a Doombot, which she probably perfected a couple thousand years before Doom was even conceived...

The upside of this, beyond explaining away any inconsistent portrayals of her as being one of these cheap knock-offs, is that it could allow her to have had an active presence out in the world, even when the real her was kicking back in Nova Roma, back in the day, or Krakoa, now, secluded from the world, and having a servant peel her a grape.

'Cause that sounds totally Selene. "Sorry if I seem distracted. I've got three evil schemes underway at the moment, on different continents. Those Quiet Council children just think that since I'm here on Krakoa, under their watchful eye, I can't possibly be up to no good..."

"They think they're my watchdogs, keeping the world safe from my wicked predations. They're my alibi."
    Selene in the Kulan Gath storyline, not only controlled Magma but altered Magma’s appearance to look like her. Kulan Gath thought he was capturing Selene, but he captured Magma.

Basically Selene has already done what you said.

It’s possible her apparent defeat was some sort of set up.

She was handed over to the Quiet Council, after her apparent defeat. Yet Apocalypse obviously vouches for her and made her apart of his inner circle.

In fact even with her powers depleted she could have teleported or otherwise slipped away. The fact she made no effort to escape? This is some scheme.

BANNED

True. But I think her writing in Captain America was more a case of a writer not bothering to read up on her. Even just reading the fight against kulan Gaht would be enough.

well,... the whole power elite thing at CAmerica is super boring.. Selene was the only intersting bit and she was poorly writen... I think the writers and Krakoa will simply forget about that arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    True. But I think her writing in Captain America was more a case of a writer not bothering to read up on her. Even just reading the fight against kulan Gaht would be enough.
    I think Editorial rushed to end the story. This story in Captain America started way before Krakoa and did not fit what was going on in Krakoa. So they simply rushed to end the story.

Editorial interference. She got good usage in Captain America, and I’m sure she’ll show up there again or in the Avengers.

So Necrosha sounds like something I should pick up. Thanks to all for your help.

What about New Mutants Forever 5 part?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So Necrosha sounds like something I should pick up. Thanks to all for your help.

What about New Mutants Forever 5 part?
    Yup... it’s the only storyline that showcase Selene as a major X Villian. It properly flesh out her character and motivations. The one time she got the damn spotlight and made a hot mess lol

I didnt like Selene in NM Forever. She was more a grey hero like Emma or Magneto than a pure villain. That is out of character. The point with Selene is that she is very old,very evil thus very scary.... Well, Forever was an alternative reality anyway.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    well,... the whole power elite thing at CAmerica is super boring.. Selene was the only intersting bit and she was poorly writen... I think the writers and Krakoa will simply forget about that arc
    For all intents and purposes they probably don't even care at all and will just ignore it, entirely...as they should.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Im honestly surprised the writer in CA was even able to use Selene for that long arc considering what a lock Hickman has on the X-line and its characters

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Selene not being a pivotal character in Hox/PoX and DoX...would probably account for the X-offices/HiX-Man not paying attention to what Coates was doing. Or rather, not caring what he did once it did not directly impact their/his direction. And as with Storm...whatever he wrote in CA can easily be relegated to pre-HoX or...as with her appearance recently, just ignored for the rubbish it is.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!