Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

When Alex Ross is on covers, you know it's legit.

iMan 42s

We aren't even done with the 2020 event.

That being said I'm interested though a bit apprehensive since Slott kind of fizzled out and I've just lost interest in 2020. Even before the pandemic his book just didn't quite hit right and his shipping was awful. Really hope this isn't another transition like Bendis to Slott where it's better simply because it isn't Bendis.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Niffleheim

"A humble man" Iron Man???!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    We aren't even done with the 2020 event.

That being said I'm interested though a bit apprehensive since Slott kind of fizzled out and I've just lost interest in 2020. Even before the pandemic his book just didn't quite hit right and his shipping was awful. Really hope this isn't another transition like Bendis to Slott where it's better simply because it isn't Bendis.
    Christopher Cantwell has done some great work, so I'm hopeful he'll bring that same energy to this series. Likely, this was planned from the start, with the 2020 event being the finale of Slott's run before the new series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Did Ross give Iron Man a nose?
    It's the curve of the faceplate. Iron man with a nose looked silly in the 70s and would look just as stupid now lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks more like a 90's armor to me.

I'm not surprised it's retro-looking considering Alex Ross designed it.
    The helmet/face is reminiscent of the Mk 3 armour (especially the eyes and the widows peak bit). The arc reactors are from the Granov redesign. The rest looks like a modern take on the Neo Classical armour. I like it. It incorporates the past and uses it to set a course for the future moving forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    "A humble man" Iron Man???!!!!!!
    He certainly was humble. Especially in the beginning after becoming Iron Man.

With RDjr being done with the MCU (for now anyway), I wonder if it frees Cantwell up to take Tony back to his roots somewhat before they decided on reflecting the MCU version. The climax of 2020 certainly seems like it could lead to a potential "reset".

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    He certainly was humble. Especially in the beginning after becoming Iron Man.

With RDjr being done with the MCU (for now anyway), I wonder if it frees Cantwell up to take Tony back to his roots somewhat before they decided on reflecting the MCU version. The climax of 2020 certainly seems like it could lead to a potential "reset".
    Let's hope so. The thing about the RDJ Iron Man is that he only works because RDJ is playing the part. You can't recreate that in a comic.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Boisterously Confused

Let's hope so. The thing about the RDJ Iron Man is that he only works because RDJ is playing the part. You can't recreate that in a comic.
    Quoted for truth.

I hope that Jim Rhodes is not marginalized or disabled or bumped off (again). Just ignore him if the writer isn't interested. I hope that C. Priest gets to write any spinoff book.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-13-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Jim Rhodes is not marginalized or disabled or bumped off (again). Just ignore him if the writer isn't interested. I hope that C. Priest gets to write any spinoff book.
    I am wondering about where it leaves Rhodey. As it stands, Tony is a "artificial intelligence" construct. The body is cloned and has a copy of his mind "downloaded" into it (similar to what they are doing in the X-books). But Jim underwent the same process. 2020 will have to end with either the real Tony being revealed to still be alive somewhere or the clone being validated as being real enough (in a legal sense).

They won't kill Jim off. Although I do wonder if the Force Works mini is testing the waters to see if a ongoing might be viable. He is in that and, if Tony is off doing his thing, I could definitely see him being the leader over in that.

Astonishing Member

Exactly. With everything the character has gone through the last few years, I could see him seriously reevaluating his life and how he has been acting.

I’m ecstatic about this new book for Tony. Halt and Catch Fire was my favorite show when it was on and I’ve always loved Cafu’s art. About Tony having a big ego. Tony had a huge ego llllooooooonnnngggg before RDJ came along and he talked a lot when he fought wwwwaaaaayyy before RDJ came along. Have they turned it up a notch since RDJ came along? Yes, but it didn’t come out of nowhere. Also they have been writing Tony like this since 2008 and it’s 2020. That means it’s the character now. So Tony might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-14-2020 at 12:46 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah, hearing that this would be about a "humble" Stark killed my interest instantly. I don't want him humbled, I don't want stories that hammer in the message that he should be humble, just no. This is fail right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I am wondering about where it leaves Rhodey. As it stands, Tony is a "artificial intelligence" construct. The body is cloned and has a copy of his mind "downloaded" into it (similar to what they are doing in the X-books). But Jim underwent the same process. 2020 will have to end with either the real Tony being revealed to still be alive somewhere or the clone being validated as being real enough (in a legal sense).

They won't kill Jim off. Although I do wonder if the Force Works mini is testing the waters to see if a ongoing might be viable. He is in that and, if Tony is off doing his thing, I could definitely see him being the leader over in that.
    Yeah, I think we're going to be done with this clone/AI drama by this next run.

Hopefully no "real mom" drama either.