Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Same here. Still getting accustomed to the new outfit, but it's not bad at all (IMHO):

Fair enough. Maybe it's just all the white and red that clash somehow or something like that, kind of like Spider-Man 2099's ANAD costume when he was stuck in the present-day Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So has Anya just completely lost her organic webbing now as well? She was still using them in her Edge of Spider-Verse issue before End if the Spider-Verse but didn’t use it at all in this issue. If so, that’s a shame since I was hoping that they were going to give her a blend of both sets of her powers since that’s what it seemed like at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So has Anya just completely lost her organic webbing now as well? She was still using them in her Edge of Spider-Verse issue before End if the Spider-Verse but didn’t use it at all in this issue. If so, that’s a shame since I was hoping that they were going to give her a blend of both sets of her powers since that’s what it seemed like at first.
    That would have been cool. Still waiting for the carapace to come back.

I actually do like that she got the organic web nerfed. I prefer that if you get one set of powers, you lose another one, or have others weakened. Mounting powers over powers removes a element of balance for when this characters team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I actually do like that she got the organic web nerfed. I prefer that if you get one set of powers, you lose another one, or have others weakened. Mounting powers over powers removes a element of balance for when this characters team up.
    I mean, considering that there was already a degree of overlap between the wall crawling and strength, was organic webbing really pushing it that much especially when they’re just webs? Hell, look at Julia, she’s got all the powers of Madame Webb but still has her powers from when she was Arachne

Does she? When did Julia last use her electrowebs?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would have been cool. Still waiting for the carapace to come back.
    It is her most distinct power, so I think that would be a good move. It wouldn't work very well with the head scarf though, and it's too soon to give her another new costume.

I mean, considering that there was already a degree of overlap between the wall crawling and strength, was organic webbing really pushing it that much especially when they’re just webs? Hell, look at Julia, she’s got all the powers of Madame Webb but still has her powers from when she was Arachne
    Yeah, but those are powers that no one else has. What I mean is she before had Spider-Man's powers, BUT BETTER. She had the same base powers, but with unlimited web and she could camouflage. When she was Araņa she didn't have organic unlimited webs, but had her armor which in theory made her physically stronger than Spider-Man, balancing them out.

Now she has magic powers, something that no one else has, but that gets balanced by her having a much more limited long range attack.

That's kind of a problem with the recent crop of Spider-People, they are Spider-Man, but better. They can do everything Peter can, but with additional powers (Miles has venom blast and camouflage, Silk has unlimited and stronger webs, etc.) rather than them having powers that compliment each others.

Imagine Anya having base spider powers, unlimited webs, camouflage, AND she could do magic. She would ridiculously out-buff everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It is her most distinct power, so I think that would be a good move. It wouldn't work very well with the head scarf though, and it's too soon to give her another new costume.
    These guys beg to disagree.

Astonishing Member

That's different, their fabric garments are on top of their armor. Araņa's carapace is something that went over her regular costume. The carapace can't go over the head scarf without it looking awkward, and if it goes underneath her head scarf then the transformation visual loses its punch. The current costume wasn't designed with that armored transformation in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That's different, their fabric garments are on top of their armor. Araņa's carapace is something that went over her regular costume. The carapace can't go over the head scarf without it looking awkward, and if it goes underneath her head scarf then the transformation visual loses its punch. The current costume wasn't designed with that armored transformation in mind.

Anyway, in other news, artist Sophie Li released a very early piece of artwork for AtSV, which features Anya as being part of the core team.

Anyway, in other news, artist Sophie Li released a very early piece of artwork for AtSV, which features Anya as being part of the core team.
    Pretty cool. Must be hanging out in Gwen's place, though.

Extraordinary Member

Who is who in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who is who in this?
    From left to right:

Miles
    Pavitr
    Anya
    Gwen
    Hobbie
    Peni
    Cindy

Extraordinary Member

From left to right:

Miles
    Pavitr
    Anya
    Gwen
    Hobbie
    Peni
    Cindy
    Has Anya been known to sing?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has Anya been known to sing?
    Oddly enough, this wouldn't be the first time she's depicted as such.