Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I thought it might be, but checking the signature under Silk, it's not Ross. Can't recognize that signature though.

It would help if the image wasn't blurred...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, that's a screenshot from instagram I took
    I couldn't find a better quality version.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

Sins of Norman Osborn variant. Not sure who the artist is.
    Mike Mayhew?

Yeah, that's a screenshot from instagram I took
    I couldn't find a better quality version.
    I tried using Google Image Search - but it thinks this is Star Trek, lol.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Sins of Norman Osborn variant. Not sure who the artist is.
    While the art is nice. Drew is wearing her old outfit and Miles is wearing his ITSV outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    While the art is nice. Drew is wearing her old outfit and Miles is wearing his ITSV outfit
    Not seeing that as a bad thing...

Jess' outfit has been all over the place with these covers. In some she's wearing the old one and in others the new one.

BTW, I got the artist's name, it's from Jose Maria Casanovas, who has been doing the covers of ASM for the current Sins Rising arc.

I can't speak for Jessica's original outfit, but many artist have been drawing Spider-Verse Miles on variant covers ever since ITSV came out.

So artist Pablo León, who recently did the Scholastic Miles Morales graphic novel, says he wants to do a graphic novel with Anya as the protagonist.

He says though that he would move her to Bronx. I... kinda have mixed feelings on that. It's clear that Miles is now THE Spider-Man of Brooklyn and she'll now leave under his shadow despite being debuting and operating there first. Moving her to another place would help establish a new status quo and shape a new identity, as well as making her a easier way to present to new readers. It's still NYC, but indeed such a move would be their way to completely erase Anya's existence from Brooklyn in order to make Miles the only spider hero of Brooklyn.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-27-2020 at 10:03 AM.

So artist Pablo León, who recently did the Scholastic Miles Morales graphic novel, says he wants to do a graphic novel with Anya as the protagonist.

He says though that he would move her to Bronx. I... kinda have mixed feelings on that. It's clear that Miles is now THE Spider-Man of Brooklyn and she'll now leave under his shadow despite being debuting and operating there first. Moving her to another place would help establish a new status quo and shape a new identity, as well as making her a easier way to present to new readers. It's still NYC, but indeed such a move would be their way to completely erase Anya's existence from Brooklyn in order to make Miles the only spider hero of Brooklyn.
    Either way, I'd be happy to see an Anya graphiv novel at the end of the day .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either way, I'd be happy to see an Anya graphiv novel at the end of the day .
    Same here, though why couldn't Anya (try to) take Miles under her wing, since she would be slightly older than him? I mean, she could be kind of like his "cool big sis" with Peter as the "dorky big bro" to both of them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, though why couldn't Anya (try to) take Miles under her wing, since she would be slightly older than him? I mean, she could be kind of like his "cool big sis" with Peter as the "dorky big bro" to both of them.
    After Spider-Geddon it looks like they're somehow the same age...I swear in the original Spider-Verse she was taller than him and that he was still in Middle School. In Spider-Geddon there the same height.

Maybe being on the loom world caused Anya, not to age? That's usually how it goes for worlds that exist outside of time and space or in-between dimensions, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    After Spider-Geddon it looks like they're somehow the same age...I swear in the original Spider-Verse she was taller than him and that he was still in Middle School. In Spider-Geddon there the same height.

Maybe being on the loom world caused Anya, not to age? That's usually how it goes for worlds that exist outside of time and space or in-between dimensions, etc...
    The annual stated that Miles got his powers around Secret Invasion. What hasn't been entirely clear is how old he was when he got bitten in the new rewritten history in 616.

If he had 13 like in the Ultimate universe, well that would mean he should be younger than Anya, who was 15 when she first got her powers and that was before Civil War. This means Anya was operating for at least a year (she turned 16 during CW and remained as such at least until Spider-Island) in Brooklyn and she should be older than Miles by at least 3 years. But again, in the annual he is drawn as being slightly older (15 maybe?), which would put him still being at least one year younger than her.

Assuming he was 13 during secret Invasion, that would mean he aged 3-4 years in the same time Anya only aged 1-2. All of that even before Web Warriors. This would also mean he should be aware of Araña as a Brooklyn spider hero.

I would really like to see a story that finally acknowledges what was their reactions during Miles' early exploits.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-28-2020 at 04:27 PM.

The backstory presented in that annual between Bendis and Ahmed's runs is merely fake memories, and therefore cannot be trusted. Remember, Ahmed is now having Miles start to remember things from 1610. It's only a matter of time before he realises he, his family, and Bombshell are transplants and not 616 natives.