Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If that document dates from 2011, then it's probably just out of date, as Anya became Spider-Girl in 2010.
    That's the weird thing, it's super specific about names and Miles and all his supporting characters are listed. Yet, Anya as Spider-Girl isn't nor are any of her supporting characters introduced during the Spider-Girl run. By the time Miles debuted, Anya had been using the Spider-Girl name over a year at that point. They updated it to include Miles, why they didn't update Anya as Spider-Girl?

It's DeFalco's words what raise more questions. According to him, "[Mayday] was too close to Peter Parker so they couldn't license her for a TV show or stuff like that without Sony being involved". I think this is DeFalco making stuff up like Claremont did during the shunning of mutants in favor of inhumans (he said that the were not allowed to create new mutants, but Bendis had just introduced a while new crop of young mutants). I really think that had Disney/Marvel noticed that they have the full rights to Anya as Spider-Girl they would push her much more. And yet, in the upcoming cartoon they discarded her, just using Miles, Gwen and Peter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Things have probably changed from this, but a document that was leaked from Sony back in 2016 or 2015, showed that Sony can only use Anya as Arana and not Spider-Girl.

The document also says that Jessica Drew can only be used as Spider-Woman by Sony and that Marvel can only use her without anything be related to Spider-Man. Guess that explains why Jessica hasn't appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or even Avengers Assemble after Marvel gained the television rights back.
    Personally, I like Arana better than just calling her Spider-Girl. Arana is at least a more unique name than having her as yet another Spider-Prefix character.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anya Corazon movie potentially in development!

This was the same source that reported with months of anticipation that Silver & Black was getting scrapped in favor of a tv show, so they're reliable regarding Sony's Marvel projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

This was the same source that reported with months of anticipation that Silver & Black was getting scrapped in favor of a tv show, so they're reliable regarding Sony's Marvel projects!
    That could be fun.

If that happens then surely they have to start using her outside of events, she'll probably get her own book again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So Jessica actually forgot about Anya to the point she doesn't remember her name... Even after everything they've been through in that storyline from the Avengers Assemble comic.

Nick Spencer really loves adding metahumor. Though I'm holding onto to my theory that being on Loomworld and the 2015 Secret Wars screwed up Anya's history on Earth-616.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 09-16-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Hell, Jessica's effectively the one who gave her the Spider-Girl name. In Young Allies, she called her that instead of Arana. When Peter didn't recognise her and made the same mistake, Anya took the Spider-Girl name.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It doesn't look good when just yesterday Marvel made a post for Hispanic Heritage Month and they used a pic of Julia Carpenter instead of Anya....

Thumbs up

It doesn't look good when just yesterday Marvel made a post for Hispanic Heritage Month and they used a pic of Julia Carpenter instead of Anya....
    Indeed, one could see it as being a reflection of how little faith they have in the character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I wouldn't be surprised if the person who made the post googled Anya's name and went google image searching. I've seen that picture of Julia labeled with Anya's name when I look through google images. Still, whoever made the post literally could have used Patrick Brown's artwork of her since it's one of the first few ones that pop up.

Wow, they're pushing Wind Dancer all of a sudden - she showed up in X-Factor and now she's on that.

But yeah, come on, it's not hard to get it right - Anya has a brown ponytail, Julia has red hair worn down. Not hard to tell apart.

They even used a pic of her old costume. Not the last one she then gave to Anya.

Yeah, that was just tasteless and stupid on Marvel's part. I mean, really? It'd be one thing if it were a fan's collage, but this is supposed to be professional work here. Do better, Marvel.

I still have my doubts. There is no official statement, no quotes from anyone noteworthy, no actors or directors mentioned or suggested, no actual news (such as ongoing castings), no source of information, no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I still have my doubts. There is no official statement, no quotes from anyone noteworthy, no actors or directors mentioned or suggested, no actual news (such as ongoing castings), no source of information, no nothing.
    It does say that is in very early development. As in she's on the table and very much considered as their next superhero character (since most are villians).

I actually saw a Spanish site, pure speculation on their part, that they could potentially adapt something along the lines of Grim Hunt and have Kraven (another character rumored to have a movie) and the Sinister Six hunt down Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Girl, potentially Black Cat and Silk too.

In other news, apparently in the cartoon Anya's mom is possibly alive and her name is Maria