Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I'm wondering, how will Anya be handled in a potential movie?

Going for the Araña route is much more unique, but it has been buried in recent years in favor of the Spider-Island origin. Add to that how this cartoon is the most mainstream version of the character, and she's very different. Adapting Araña's origin would be weird for those who only know Anya for the cartoon.

Will there be a balance? Will Anya be a super genius? Are they going to adapt the totem origin or go for the more sci-fi route of Spider-Island? Will she be depicted as a single child or she will have a full family like the cartoon?

They'll almost certainly be going with Araña, it's more unique, and we know they also have plans for Silk, whose powers are currently identical to Anya's.

Also, could Anya be about to revert back to the Araña name in the comics? It's come up a couple of times recently (in both Spider-Geddon and the current story) and the Spider-Woman title seems to be setting up yet another girl with Spider powers (Jessica's newly revealed niece Rebecca) - reverting would potentially avert Spider-Girl becoming a shared mantle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Anya Corazon movie potentially in development!

This was the same source that reported with months of anticipation that Silver & Black was getting scrapped in favor of a tv show, so they're reliable regarding Sony's Marvel projects!
    Now that's something I'd never expect.

Really, really hope it'd be about her as Araña, or at least use her Araña story, 'cause that's the most unique thing about Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hell, Jessica's effectively the one who gave her the Spider-Girl name. In Young Allies, she called her that instead of Arana. When Peter didn't recognise her and made the same mistake, Anya took the Spider-Girl name.
    When did the Peter one actually happen? I only remember Peter calling her that to annoy her, because she kept calling him "Dad", at the end of Grim Hunt.

I'm wondering, how will Anya be handled in a potential movie?

Going for the Araña route is much more unique, but it has been buried in recent years in favor of the Spider-Island origin. Add to that how this cartoon is the most mainstream version of the character, and she's very different. Adapting Araña's origin would be weird for those who only know Anya for the cartoon.

Will there be a balance? Will Anya be a super genius? Are they going to adapt the totem origin or go for the more sci-fi route of Spider-Island? Will she be depicted as a single child or she will have a full family like the cartoon?
    Perhaps a mix, I honestly don't really expect her to get her powers from magic, simply because Spidey's brand is known for being science focused, and movies love to play shit safe.

I'd be glad to be wrong though, the magic side is literally the only thing going on for Anya that another Spider isn't using, even then Anya herself barely used the magic side even back in the Araña run, 'cause it was mostly a company fighting another one, that partnet of hers had more powers, and he kinda had whatever the fuck the plot needed if I'm not wrong lol.

Either way, if it's based on the Araña part of her life, I really hope it's more interesting than the comics, because the comics had potential and all, but the stories just weren't that interesting, her social life was both irrelevant and unaffected by her super hero side, the Sisterhood of Wasp really liked to keep using the same guys and they just weren't interesting enough to show up too much, and it made them not look that big as a company because, same guys showing up a lot.

Basically it all felt under developed, which is Anya's most consistent problem, she's under developed, back in her own comic as Aranã, back when she was Carol's sidekick, back when she was in Young Allies and got her own comic again... And they slowy but surely removed everything about her that could make her unique, now all we have is an orphan with pretty much no supporting cast, barely connected with the other Spiders, no rogues gallery, and a power set that is basically "Venom without the symbiote", she's honestly cursed even by a Spider-Woman standard when I put it like this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They'll almost certainly be going with Araña, it's more unique, and we know they also have plans for Silk, whose powers are currently identical to Anya's.

Also, could Anya be about to revert back to the Araña name in the comics? It's come up a couple of times recently (in both Spider-Geddon and the current story) and the Spider-Woman title seems to be setting up yet another girl with Spider powers (Jessica's newly revealed niece Rebecca) - reverting would potentially avert Spider-Girl becoming a shared mantle.
    It's possible, they did decide to push "Ghost-Spider" for Gwen so she stands out more, Anya wouldn't need any new dumb name, just go back to the previous one, which better represented her heritage than "Spider-Girl" ever would anyways.

Would be nice if she changed costumes too, I think Spider-Chan posted one last year which is a mix of her Araña and Spider-Girl costume, which looked awesome, and my dream would be for Marvel to buy that one like they did with Spidey's black costumes.

Well, this is extremely hilarious.

Anya's introduction is a direct reference to the anime Revolutionary Girl Utena.

For those who don't know, RGU is a anime of the magical girl genre, famous for being extremely weird and it's heavy lesbian themes. The protagonist, Utena, is a lesbian. The character that Lynn is referencing is Utena's best friend who explicitly has a crush on her.

Guess that "girlfriend" wasn't just "girl who is a friend", huh?

Extraordinary Member

How Rikki hasn’t looked up Anya since returning?

Because writers need to remember that Anya exists

Whitley planned on a reunion had FF not being cancelled, alas, it doesn't even look like if Rikki is going to show up in the upcoming Power Pack mini, at best she might be mentioned or have a simple cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How Rikki hasn’t looked up Anya since returning?
    Because she hasn't returned yet. Champions #1 had cameos from Jack and Katie Power, but not Alex and Julie who are with Rikki in the Future Foundation. It seems they return between Champions #1 and Power Pack #1, as otherwise you'd expect all four members of Power Pack to have attended the Champions secret meeting.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, this is extremely hilarious.

Anya's introduction is a direct reference to the anime Revolutionary Girl Utena.

For those who don't know, RGU is a anime of the magical girl genre, famous for being extremely weird and it's heavy lesbian themes. The protagonist, Utena, is a lesbian. The character that Lynn is referencing is Utena's best friend who explicitly has a crush on her.

Guess that "girlfriend" wasn't just "girl who is a friend", huh?
    Honestly, I got anime vibes from the original run, specially that Amum guy, that was his name right? He could move super fast, was more on the emotionless/quiet side, Anya helped him out and he decided to only be a dick to her when doing their jobs, yeah, more of an anime character lol.

Not to mention that the whole thing of dealing only with Sisterhood of Wasp is more on the lines of how mangas make their story arcs, since a super hero genre hardly does that, and Anya had recurring villains instead of getting different shit.

Hell, think even at one point that Lynn chick called Anya "Anya-Chan", and back then Japanese honorifics were less known among usual fanbases, only anime fans would be more aware of those.

So yeah, at least anime influences weren't hard to notice, so I'm not surprised about this.

Also, I realized something kinda ironic, Anya's name is actually Ana (Which honestly makes her brief rivalry with Ana Kravinoff a bit funnier lol), she goes by Anya because nobody got the way it's supposed to be pronounced right, as she says in AF#2:

Which makes it ironic that she stopped using Araña when nobody could pronounce it right, as she says in Avengers Assemble#23:

She could've always tried the same solution :P.

Of course, real reason is that Marvel wanted to change her super hero name, but it's funny to notice a detail like that lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Honestly, I got anime vibes from the original run, specially that Amum guy, that was his name right? He could move super fast, was more on the emotionless/quiet side, Anya helped him out and he decided to only be a dick to her when doing their jobs, yeah, more of an anime character lol.

Not to mention that the whole thing of dealing only with Sisterhood of Wasp is more on the lines of how mangas make their story arcs, since a super hero genre hardly does that, and Anya had recurring villains instead of getting different shit.

Hell, think even at one point that Lynn chick called Anya "Anya-Chan", and back then Japanese honorifics were less known among usual fanbases, only anime fans would be more aware of those.

So yeah, at least anime influences weren't hard to notice, so I'm not surprised about this.

Also, I realized something kinda ironic, Anya's name is actually Ana (Which honestly makes her brief rivalry with Ana Kravinoff a bit funnier lol), she goes by Anya because nobody got the way it's supposed to be pronounced right, as she says in AF#2:

Which makes it ironic that she stopped using Araña when nobody could pronounce it right, as she says in Avengers Assemble#23:

She could've always tried the same solution :P.

Of course, real reason is that Marvel wanted to change her super hero name, but it's funny to notice a detail like that lol.
    Indeed. Mark Brooks did draw Anya/Arana in a style very reminiscent of anime/manga. Good catch on how her name was originally supposed to be spelled, though I'm guessing it would be a lot clearer with an accent on the "n" for pronunciation purposes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Mark Brooks did draw Anya/Arana in a style very reminiscent of anime/manga. Good catch on how her name was originally supposed to be spelled, though I'm guessing it would be a lot clearer with an accent on the "n" for pronunciation purposes.
    Her fight with the wolves, the first time her powers fully manifested, is a reference to Dragon Ball.

As for her name, it is supposed to be Aña. It is fairly common that the ~ gets omitted due to most keyboards and systems don't have the "ñ".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Her fight with the wolves, the first time her powers fully manifested, is a reference to Dragon Ball.

As for her name, it is supposed to be Aña. It is fairly common that the ~ gets omitted due to most keyboards and systems don't have the "ñ".
    I see your point there. Also, Anya got an A- in science? That's interesting to know, especially since it might be the basis for her being included in the current animated series as a student at Horizon High.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hah, wonder how many other references they made

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I see your point there. Also, Anya got an A- in science? That's interesting to know, especially since it might be the basis for her being included in the current animated series as a student at Horizon High.
    The most noticeable thing there is that she has A+ in English and Shop (Whatever the hell that is lol), but only an A in Gym, which is noticeable since she's a gymnast, you'd expect that to be A+ too lol.

Also, I wasn't aware that her name was supposed to be Aña, since she only mentions the pronunciation in that page and it doesn't have "Aña", although it does explain why Grim Hunt called her "Añya" at least once:

(ASM#635)

I'm literally re-reading it just now, which is why I noticed that lol.

So I read ASM Sins of Norman Osborn a few minutes ago, and I expected it to be like ASM#850 with the usage of the other Spider-characters, meaning Gwen is the only one making actual useful comments, Julia vaguely talking about the future and her visions, and the others being kinda there making random comments, and I was pretty much right, but then it turns out Anya still kinda got the short end of the stick:

Previous page has Gwen getting a full page of the dreams, to illustrate what's going on, and then the others briefly explain where in the dreams Peter died, guess who didn't even have her dream shown briefly lol.

Wonder if Spencer even noticed that Anya's dream wasn't shown, oh well.

Anya has always been pretty irrelevant in events.

In Spider-Island she is never part of the main story. In both Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon she's largely irrelevant until the very end.

I'm not surprised that the same happens here. My guess is something similar will happen as in SV and SG, near the end her magical background will come out and counter the magical aspect of Kindred.

I actually wonder if Spencer even considered her originally, since the first early teaser didn't featured her but did SpOck, Ben and Kaine, and neither have appeared so far. The there's also Jess' comment on that she doesn't even remember Anya's name, Spencer is self-aware that she has been largely irrelevant in the general Spider-Family.

does she have a relationship with Peter?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy