Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    does she have a relationship with Peter?
    From all of them, she is the least close to Peter.

She was sort of mentored by him, but they never had the type of mentor-student relationship that Miles and Peter have. The other two who aren't as close would be Jess and Julia, but they do have their histories together (Jess was teammate with him in the Avengers, Julia is a sort of mentor for him from time to time).

Extraordinary Member

Uh oh. The last time a spider person was treated this way in a Spider event, was Mattie Franklin and she was killed before the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

She was sort of mentored by him, but they never had the type of mentor-student relationship that Miles and Peter have. The other two who aren't as close would be Jess and Julia, but they do have their histories together (Jess was teammate with him in the Avengers, Julia is a sort of mentor for him from time to time).
    ok its the same problem i have with jessica too like their relationship with peter is barely anything so it makes it difficult for me to care for them when they get involved with him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Uh oh. The last time a spider person was treated this way in a Spider event, was Mattie Franklin and she was killed before the end.
    The optics would be much worse now, so I doubt it happens.

I don't think she's going to die, if just because of that Araņa reprint they're doing. It just happens to be released in December, the same month the event ends. Normally when they reprint material of a character (let alone a very obscure one) is because they want to promote them for some upcoming project. Chances are, she might be in a new ongoing sometime next year.

Anya has always been pretty irrelevant in events.
    I get that, but even in an issue where not Gwen or Julia Spider-People are largelly irrelevant, she still somehow gets the short end of the stick by not even having her dream shown, come on, at least let her have that lol.

In Spider-Island she is never part of the main story. In both Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon she's largely irrelevant until the very end.
    To be fair, the only relevant Spider-People in Spider-Island were Peter, Kaine and Julia, while Jessica was there she uh, didn't matter, I guess she showed up once in the main issues for a joke I guess...

Also was Anya even in Spider-Geddon? I know she read some scroll in Spider-Verse at least.

I'm not surprised that the same happens here. My guess is something similar will happen as in SV and SG, near the end her magical background will come out and counter the magical aspect of Kindred.
    And then back to limbo.

It's actually ironic her magic background in Spider-Verse still mattered despite her powers coming from science now... Then again, the magic is probably still in her since she kept the cure despite the antidote being used in her, and from what Julia said, the antidote would make Spidey lose his powers, so yeah, headcanon and all, but it's possible the magic is what's keeping the powers.

I actually wonder if Spencer even considered her originally, since the first early teaser didn't featured her but did SpOck, Ben and Kaine, and neither have appeared so far. The there's also Jess' comment on that she doesn't even remember Anya's name, Spencer is self-aware that she has been largely irrelevant in the general Spider-Family.
    It might be like Grim Hunt where Jessica was supposed to be there, but then she wasn't, hell, looking back, Jessica and Anya are the only ones who clearly show up:

Julia, Mattie and Kaine aren't there at all, then again, Kaine could be a bigger story 'cause he has more involvement in the plot...

Lack of Mattie makes me wonder if Anya was planned to be killed there lol.

Maybe Marvel is not letting Spencer use clones so he decided to pick Anya? Not like she's close enough to Peter to replace either clone though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    does she have a relationship with Peter?
    They know each other, she's a fan of his, and one moment in ASM#648 kinda implies a crush since she comments on his muscles, but anyways, he gave her advices in Araņa#4, Hunter Revealed, and ASM#648, and they joked with each other at the end of Grim Hunt, and that's about their whole relationship lol.

Kinda sucks 'cause before Miles came around, she was kinda talked about as someone who would replace Peter if something ever happened with him, and while that obviously would never happen, that could at least give an excuse for them to interact more, 'cause they're just acquaintances right now.

Kinda sad that Jessica of all people is still closer to Peter, because they still don't really know each other.

Although she is one of the few people who know his secret identity, which he revealed during New Avengers, so at least we can say he trusts her that much, it's not even clear when Anya learned that Peter is Spidey, probably via Spider-Verse.

Julia, at least she talks with him once in a while, and she does show more care about Peter as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The optics would be much worse now, so I doubt it happens.
    It's sad something like that is needed to keep Anya not dead.

But hey, better than her literally dying I guess, 'cause being in limbo is still a better option, since someday a character can leave limbo, being dead makes this more complicated, just ask poor Mattie.

At least Mattie had a cool enough death, the first time that is, Clone Conspiracy's was uh, more rushed.

I don't think she's going to die, if just because of that Araņa reprint they're doing. It just happens to be released in December, the same month the event ends. Normally when they reprint material of a character (let alone a very obscure one) is because they want to promote them for some upcoming project. Chances are, she might be in a new ongoing sometime next year.
    Wonder if her presence in the story is to promote the possible on-going? Like Big Time again.

I'll be skeptical though, 'cause while I have an interest in Anya, Marvel just removed everything that could make her stand out, one of biggest ones being killing her father... An on-going would be better to make her deal with Sisterhood of Wasp again, because that Raven company from her other on-going was even more generic than Sisterhood of Wasp lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-13-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also was Anya even in Spider-Geddon? I know she read some scroll in Spider-Verse at least.

She had a adventure with Annie and Mayday in the Spider-Girls mini. It was pretty much divorced from the entire event until they join the final fight, after Anya discovered they can summon a magical armor from the remainings of the Web of Life. It helps them ultimately defeat the Inheritors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder if her presence in the story is to promote the possible on-going? Like Big Time again.

I'll be skeptical though, 'cause while I have an interest in Anya, Marvel just removed everything that could make her stand out, one of biggest ones being killing her father... An on-going would be better to make her deal with Sisterhood of Wasp again, because that Raven company from her other on-going was even more generic than Sisterhood of Wasp lol.
    At this point, the only way I see that she gets a new solo ongoing is if a movie is announced. I don't think she might be getting a ongoing in the conceivable future, maybe a mini if there's a writer who really wants to tell a story with her. My guess, if the reprint and her resurface in a spidey event indicate something, is that she might be part of a ongoing, but I don't think it would be a solo series, as part of a team most likely.

She had a adventure with Annie and Mayday in the Spider-Girls mini. It was pretty much divorced from the entire event until they join the final fight, after Anya discovered they can summon a magical armor from the remainings of the Web of Life. It helps them ultimately defeat the Inheritors.
    I completely forgot about the armor thing, which is even dumber because I did remember Spider-Girls... Damn my brain just ain't working today.

At this point, the only way I see that she gets a new solo ongoing is if a movie is announced. I don't think she might be getting a ongoing in the conceivable future, maybe a mini if there's a writer who really wants to tell a story with her. My guess, if the reprint and her resurface in a spidey event indicate something, is that she might be part of a ongoing, but I don't think it would be a solo series, as part of a team most likely.
    Probably as part of that "Order of the Web" thing if she's going to be in a team, which might explain why they decided to go for another name.

And maybe the point of "Order of the Web"'s name is to separate from Web Warriors? Not fighting threats from other universes but remaining in 616? Sure, Gwen is from 65, but for now she's stuck in 616, so I can see that happening...

Today, in ASM #50:

Today, in ASM #50:
    Design mix-up aside, Anya is rocking Julia's original Spider-Woman outfit.

But how does stuff like that happen? Aren't comic book artists given character model sheets like in animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Design mix-up aside, Anya is rocking Julia's original Spider-Woman outfit.

But how does stuff like that happen? Aren't comic book artists given character model sheets like in animation?
    I find it weird how a character who has always been depicted as having a relatively realistic body for a teenager suddenly having a full adult developed body.

From what I've seen from other goofs of the past, it seems they don't get them. Most artists rely on Google for reference. I remember this one time a artist draw Kate Bishop based on a fan made costume, thinking it was a new official costume.

Today, in ASM #50:
    Off-panel growth spurt .

Extraordinary Member

I find it weird how a character who has always been depicted as having a relatively realistic body for a teenager suddenly having a full adult developed body.

From what I've seen from other goofs of the past, it seems they don't get them. Most artists rely on Google for reference. I remember this one time a artist draw Kate Bishop based on a fan made costume, thinking it was a new official costume.
    Well by now, she’s gotta be 17 at the least, 19 at the most.

Today, in ASM #50:
    Man for whatever reason the image ain't showing up, there an issue with twitter?

Either way, man, this is just embarrassing, she never even used this version of Julia's costume.

Maybe the goof happened because the other day they were supposed to use Anya in some Hispanic Heritage ****, but they ended up putting Julia there by mistake? Because Julia had this version of the costume, and the body shape is more like Julia's than Anya's.

At least they kept the ponytail...

But seriously Marvel, this is just ridiculous, send the fucking artists reference, and actually hire editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Off-panel growth spurt .
    Puberty Speedrun

Well by now, she’s gotta be 17 at the least, 19 at the most.
    She might even still be 15, sure it wouldn't make any sense, but comic books lol.

Unless the character is intended in the writing or characterization to have a supermodel's figure and/or build (e.g. Mary Jane Watson, DC's Power Girl), I guess I just assume that the exacts are up to artistic license and assume that any female character will eventually be depicted as being more well-endowed then they "really" are.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)