Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Yeah, the solicit calls her that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    WE WON!

ANYA GOES BACK TO ARAÑA WITH A NEW COSTUME!
    But since this is a Spider-Verse...is this our Anya or an alternate Anya who never stopped being the Hunter?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-10-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But since this is a Spider-Verse...is this our Anya or an alternate Anya who never stopped being the Hunter?
    It's 99% likely the main Anya.

The solicit mentions a new status quo, this is definitely 616 Anya. Hence the original Arana costume and Spider-Girl costume in the background of that cover.

An Anya who never stopped being the Hunter already exists - in the previous Spider-Girl's MC2 universe. Of course, that's because those comics were published when she was still Arana in 616.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Love the costume and gald she's back

Bad news it's by Dan Slott

Definitely the minority but I was never really a fan of the armor look and find it’s a shame that they’re completely reverting her. I kinda wish that if they absolutely had to get rid of the Spider-Girl that they’d find some middle ground between the 2 but in typical Marvel fashion, it’s all or nothing.

Yeah - no reason she couldn't have both the carapace AND the webs.

Though at least now her powers will be different to Cindy's and Gwen's. Silk and Spider-Gwen totally eclipsed Spider-Girl.

It also makes her viable as a Champion should that book come back, as she'll no longer duplicate Miles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Though at least now her powers will be different to Cindy's and Gwen's. Silk and Spider-Gwen totally eclipsed Spider-Girl.

It also makes her viable as a Champion should that book come back, as she'll no longer duplicate Miles.
    I mean, Starling was the last person to join the Champions during Outlawed. And she and teen Falcon have the same powerset.

Extraordinary Member

I would prefer Anya in a Young Avengers reboot instead of in Champions.

And as far as her 'new status quo...' it is not necessarily a change in powers. In the pics provided she does have the bolo....but no carapace. Just a new costume. Her new status quo could just be that she is back in NYC and going to college.

Not trying to crap on anyone's hopes and dreams...just not assuming something that is not completely clear by 2 pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Definitely the minority but I was never really a fan of the armor look and find it’s a shame that they’re completely reverting her. I kinda wish that if they absolutely had to get rid of the Spider-Girl that they’d find some middle ground between the 2 but in typical Marvel fashion, it’s all or nothing.
    This feels like a middle ground where it's more costume-y than her first costume but in her original colors.

Gwen in her current state is more a middle ground between Spider-Man and Venom since she doesn’t even technically have powers anymore and it’s just the symbiote imitating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This feels like a middle ground where it's more costume-y than her first costume but in her original colors.
    Yea but that’s just in an aesthetic level rather than an actual middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    WE WON!

ANYA GOES BACK TO ARAÑA WITH A NEW COSTUME!
    So, I left this place for two days and Anya gets Araña codename back, seemingly gets her old powers, and gets a new costume, am I an unlucky charm? Is my presence in CBR screwing her up? Will she gets an on-going if I leave for six months like I'm kinda planning to? .

The background shows Anya in her old Araña costume and the Spider-Girl one too, it'd be odd to make something that indicates she's 616 Anya and then bamboozle us.

Not denying that Marvel would do this, but uh, what would be the point? The again, they can be trollish douchebags so not having a point to troll would be the point...

And as far as her 'new status quo...' it is not necessarily a change in powers. In the pics provided she does have the bolo....but no carapace. Just a new costume. Her new status quo could just be that she is back in NYC and going to college.
    Even back when she did have the carapace she didn't use it all the time, nor did it show up in covers much.

She also has the tattoo, which I think she still had when she had the carapace?

Not trying to crap on anyone's hopes and dreams...just not assuming something that is not completely clear by 2 pictures.
    Understandable, I'm carefully wary as well lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Spider-Chan once posted a fan art that was a middle ground between both and it looked awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Is her hair shorter now? It looks like it.

Yeah, looks like she's bobbed it. She's had it that short before, in Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel.

Her most recent appearance in Black Widow showed her with a very long ponytail. Maybe the status quo change involves something similar to what happened to Silk early in her first solo run? Just before Secret Wars, Cindy was fighting Black Cat, and Felicia grabbed her by the hair and dangled her off as building. Cindy's response? Slice it off. She had a bob for the rest of her original series, though it's longer again now.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-11-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Love the costume and gald she's back
    Yeah, nice costume and I do think the shorter hair style suites her better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bad news it's by Dan Slott
    Maybe it'll be another Renew Your Vows situation and he's able to deliver the goods? Law of averages and all that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)