Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not sure what makes you think it's a new Spider-UK, that mask isn't showing any UK flag influence.
    She's a black woman, and the gloves and mask seem similar to the one of her costume.

Anya easter egg in the ride Flight Force in the recently inaugurated Avengers Campus in Disneyland Paris.

She's listed alongside the cast of the recent W.E.B. of Spider-Man comic? I wonder if a sequel would use her?

Bit inconsistent there though. If Squirrel Girl is Doreen A Green, shouldn't everyone else's middle initials be there as well? i.e. Peter B Parker?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Anya reckons life's going real swell for her, until...

https://www.gamesradar.com/edge-spider-verse-dan-slott/

She remembers her Spider-Girl codename, but admits Arana's always the one that stuck
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-28-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I love that Anya is getting exposure again and love the new look, but I would hate for it to come at the cost of powers for her. Hopefully though, regardless, it puts her back in the spotlight again.

Anya is going to ESU? Didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I love that Anya is getting exposure again and love the new look, but I would hate for it to come at the cost of powers for her. Hopefully though, regardless, it puts her back in the spotlight again.
    it seems that she isn't getting nerfed, on the contrary, she's getting buffed. It really looks like the armor is coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Anya is going to ESU? Didn't know that.
    That's new. Last time her school life was brought up she was still in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    That's new. Last time her school life was brought up she was still in high school.
    Ah OK. Thought I missed something in Black Widow

Black Widow wasn't even set in New York (it was in San Francisco), so the ESU thing is odd. Did she enrol mid-year? It can't be a new school year, as that would be a sufficient timeskip to affect Miles Morales, who ought to be in his senior year and has been since Champions #24 four years ago, an issue which specifically mentioned it being the start of the academic year.

There's a bigger continuity flub though, regarding the codename. Back in Young Allies, Anya had just recently started wearing Julia Carpenter's old Spider-Woman costume, which Julia gave to Anya when she became the new Madame Web. Everyone, including Jessica Drew and Peter Parker, was calling her Spider-Girl. She tried to correct everyone, saying her name was Arana, but it absolutely was NOT sticking.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Black Widow wasn't even set in New York (it was in San Francisco), so the ESU thing is odd. Did she enrol mid-year? It can't be a new school year, as that would be a sufficient timeskip to affect Miles Morales, who ought to be in his senior year and has been since Champions #24 four years ago, an issue which specifically mentioned it being the start of the academic year.

There's a bigger continuity flub though, regarding the codename. Back in Young Allies, Anya had just recently started wearing Julia Carpenter's old Spider-Woman costume, which Julia gave to Anya when she became the new Madame Web. Everyone, including Jessica Drew and Peter Parker, was calling her Spider-Girl. She tried to correct everyone, saying her name was Arana, but it absolutely was NOT sticking.
    Could be something for someone else to re take the name Spider-girl.

There's no previous Spider-Girl on Earth-616, the only other one of course being Mayday Parker from the MC2 universe.

So, if that's the real life reason for her reverting to Arana, it's probably for someone entirely new (either someone else rebranding or someone new introduced in Edge/End of Spider-Verse).

The in-universe logic doesn't make sense, because of why she became Spider-Girl in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

In college and studying journalism...I said before I think that is what she should do.

There's no previous Spider-Girl on Earth-616, the only other one of course being Mayday Parker from the MC2 universe.

So, if that's the real life reason for her reverting to Arana, it's probably for someone entirely new (either someone else rebranding or someone new introduced in Edge/End of Spider-Verse).

The in-universe logic doesn't make sense, because of why she became Spider-Girl in the first place.
    The new Spider-girl could be Jessica Drew's niece Rebecca. She got a suit but I don't think she got an actual name. There's of course the obvious Mayday (somehow)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    In college and studying journalism...I said before I think that is what she should do.
    And it would fit, considering her father was a journalist in the comics before he got killed in the first issue of her Spider-Girl series post-Grim Hunt.
    The spider is always on the hunt.