Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Spider-Gwen and Silk are fine characters I am sure, however rather than the umpteenth series for each of them, I really wish Marvel would invest in an Arana miniseries or series. Anya needs another run, it's been too long. (Plus she's got her snazzy new costume.)
    Especially since they are doing some re-definition of her status in the current Spider-Verse series. A LS focusing on that as well as her life in general would be nice to give us a serious check in with her.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Gwen and Silk are fine characters I am sure, however rather than the umpteenth series for each of them, I really wish Marvel would invest in an Arana miniseries or series. Anya needs another run, it's been too long. (Plus she's got her snazzy new costume.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Especially since they are doing some re-definition of her status in the current Spider-Verse series. A LS focusing on that as well as her life in general would be nice to give us a serious check in with her.
    Yes. Yes, indeed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Maybe she'll get something in that new Edge of Spider-Verse series, which a new book could spin off from? I can see that book serving to buy time until the symbiote stuff is out of the way (so that the spider office isn't launching too many new books at once).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not to mention there are like no decent male Spiders around other than Peter and Miles. And Kaine because they haven't screwed him up yet.

I guess Miguel is still getting content.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention there are like no decent male Spiders around other than Peter and Miles. And Kaine because they haven't screwed him up yet.

I guess Miguel is still getting content.
    Miguel is in 2099, so no real bearing on present-day MU continuity. That said, they could just bring back Ollie Osnick as a literal Steel Spider (Cyborg Spider-Man), and I'd be up for it. Hell, it's a real missed opportunity of both Superior Spider-Man runs that he didn't show up in either, since Ollie admired Doctor Octopus and Spider-Man, so Otto assuming the role of Spider-Man could have yielded some interesting interactions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Miguel is in 2099, so no real bearing on present-day MU continuity. That said, they could just bring back Ollie Osnick as a literal Steel Spider (Cyborg Spider-Man), and I'd be up for it. Hell, it's a real missed opportunity of both Superior Spider-Man runs that he didn't show up in either, since Ollie admired Doctor Octopus and Spider-Man, so Otto assuming the role of Spider-Man could have yielded some interesting interactions there.
    Yeah! Always up for more of "The Misfits"

Araņa stars in the new Spider-Verse Unlimited arc.

HUH.

Just read it.

Let's just say I'm amazed that such a HUGE development might be happening in a online-only issue.

Seriously, it might be ESSENTIAL for what foillows up with Anya in the future.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 04-04-2023 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

HUH.

Just read it.

Let's just say I'm amazed that such a HUGE development might be happening in a online-only issue.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Cool to see Anya getting some focus.
    Can someone explain what those green and purple tubes she wears are? I don't get their point.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Cool to see Anya getting some focus.
    Can someone explain what those green and purple tubes she wears are? I don't get their point.
    I think they're supposed to be scrolls from the Spider Society.

HUH.

Just read it.

Can't wait to check it out .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think they're supposed to be scrolls from the Spider Society.
    I know, right?! I remember Anya carrying those around during her mini-series, Spider-Girls (2018):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-05-2023 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

HUH.

Just read it.

Since I dont have an Unlimited subscription, please feel free to spoil me....it would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I remember Anya carrying those around during her mini-series, Spider-Girls (2018):

Oh, yeah, and she first found them in the original Spider-Verse event.

Since I dont have an Unlimited subscription, please feel free to spoil me....it would be much appreciated!
    spoilers:
    So the story starts with Anya going to a museum to do some homework. While she's there, someone steals an artifact, to which Anya changes into Araņa gear and a chase through the museum ensues.

When Anya grabs the thief, she's surprised that they can shoot web too. After they struggle, the thief teletransports themselves into another dimension. There, the thief reveals it's identity... it's Anya from another reality.

She explains to 616 Anya that what she stole was a totemic artifac which she needs to save her parents. With the implication that this would also affect 616 Anya and probably means the return of her parents too!
    end of spoilers