Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing these. The top ones look more like the Anya/Arana from the comics, no shade meant to the final version Across the Spider-Verse went with, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The hair helps. The final version had it shorter than it's ever been in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The armor's cool. At least they had the hair right.

Anya Corazon by InHyuk Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

I'm still fond of this look for Anya (even if it was basically just Julia's best costume).

It's weird that they didn't do anything after making her Arana again. I thought that either they'd push her new status quo in a new mini, or did it to vacate the Spider-Girl mantle to give to someone new. Neither happened.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^^^I know, right?! Anya's flashed some magic spells, while taking digs at Stephen Strange. But ever since then, zilch.

InHyuk Lee does excellent work, especially here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still fond of this look for Anya (even if it was basically just Julia's best costume).
    Which makes me wonder . . . will Julia show up in InHyuk Lee's collection, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's weird that they didn't do anything after making her Arana again. I thought that either they'd push her new status quo in a new mini, or did it to vacate the Spider-Girl mantle to give to someone new. Neither happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^I know, right?! Anya's flashed some magic spells, while taking digs at Stephen Strange. But ever since then, zilch.

Alas, yeah. There was that novel, Arana/Spider-Man 2099: Dark Tomorrow that came out earlier this year, though. Waiting for it to come out in a paperback volume before I get it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Maybe we will get a mini series when the movie comes out
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Would be worthwhile, at least.

I imagine that will be the case.

I mean, it feels too coincidental that the Araņa rebranding came during The End of The Spider-Verse, which just happened to conclude right when Madame Web was originally meant to release. It was originally meant to release in July, just 3 months after the last issue of EoSV dropped. I could imagine they did planned to have something to coincide with the release, but since the movie got delayed, whatever plans there were probably got delayed too.

It's more likely that there'd be a Spider-Women book than an Arana solo. That Madame Web film stars both Madame Webs, Anya, and Mattie Franklin. As such, if the comics were to synergise, Cassandra Webb and Mattie Franklin both need resurrecting, Webb also needs de-aging (movie Cassandra looks more like Jessica, honestly), and Julia needs to revert to Spider-Woman or Arachne (since she obviously isn't Madame Web in the movie).

It's more likely that there'd be a Spider-Women book than an Arana solo. That Madame Web film stars both Madame Webs, Anya, and Mattie Franklin. As such, if the comics were to synergise, Cassandra Webb and Mattie Franklin both need resurrecting, Webb also needs de-aging (movie Cassandra looks more like Jessica, honestly), and Julia needs to revert to Spider-Woman or Arachne (since she obviously isn't Madame Web in the movie).
    I've noted in another thread that the team from Madame Web is essentially the same as the current team that Julia leads.

Julia basically fills for both Cassandra and Julia, while Zarina is basically Mattie.

Funny enough, they did de-age Madame Web back in the Mackie/Byrne era that launched Mattie as the third Spider-Woman, along with Madame Web's granddaughter Charlotte as an evil counterpart to Mattie and the first two Spider-Women. Didn't last long, but still.

I've noted in another thread that the team from Madame Web is essentially the same as the current team that Julia leads.

Julia basically fills for both Cassandra and Julia, while Zarina is basically Mattie.
    Oh, yeah.