Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    In other news, apparently in the cartoon Anya's mom is possibly alive and her name is Maria
    And working with Norman Osborn...?

They could be deceived. At least my interpretation of Curt is that he is being deceived and Norman convinced him he is working "for a greater good". This episode could be the one where he realizes that Norman is not to be trusted.

They could be deceived. At least my interpretation of Curt is that he is being deceived and Norman convinced him he is working "for a greater good". This episode could be the one where he realizes that Norman is not to be trusted.
    Curt seems way too outwardly antagonistic and in on it for me to believe he's being manipulated in this, although things are probably going to spiral far more out of control than he was expecting one way or another.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It does say that is in very early development. As in she's on the table and very much considered as their next superhero character (since most are villians).

I actually saw a Spanish site, pure speculation on their part, that they could potentially adapt something along the lines of Grim Hunt and have Kraven (another character rumored to have a movie) and the Sinister Six hunt down Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Girl, potentially Black Cat and Silk too.

In other news, apparently in the cartoon Anya's mom is possibly alive and her name is Maria
    Yeah, I'm confused, too, because in the comics, Anya's mother's name is Sofia, which is also Anya's middle name.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I mean, she could be her aunt or something like that too, but it's still weird that we finally see a family member of hers and is a OC.

Maria? Not a good choice, too similar to Anna Maria Marconi who appeared last season. If she has a canon name in the comics, they should be using it. What's wrong with the name Sofia?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maria? Not a good choice, too similar to Anna Maria Marconi who appeared last season. If she has a canon name in the comics, they should be using it. What's wrong with the name Sofia?
    Maybe they didn't want Anya's mom to be a villain (assuming they're related but that's not her mom).

When you click on Tarantula's name in the article of the newest episodes it leads you to Maria Vasquez profile.

Yeah, I'm considering them family in the comics too form now on xD

When you click on Tarantula's name in the article of the newest episodes it leads you to Maria Vasquez profile.

Yeah, I'm considering them family in the comics too form now on xD
    If this leads to Maria Vasquez teaming up with Anya Corazon in the comics . . .

So here's the gist of Anya's family in the cartoon:
    spoilers:
    Maria is her step-sister. And she's not the only one, she has another step-sister named Angela, both older than Anya. Presumably, Gil marry again very early into Anya's life, since it's stated that it was her sisters who inspired her to pursue science.

It seems her mom isn't alive here, but her dad is and so is her unnamed step-mom.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Maria is her step-sister. And she's not the only one, she has another step-sister named Angela, both older than Anya. Presumably, Gil marry again very early into Anya's life, since it's stated that it was her sisters who inspired her to pursue science.

It seems her mom isn't alive here, but her dad is and so is her unnamed step-mom.
    end of spoilers
    It would've been nice for them to have mentioned any of this earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would've been nice for them to have mentioned any of this earlier.
    My guess is because nothing relating to Anya being a hero involved her family in the cartoon. It was still nice too see someone from her family before the series ended though.

Yeah, and I'm also glad spoilers:
    "Maria" turned out to be the Chameleon trying to f*** with Anya on behalf of Osborn.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Clever. That in one stroke explains why Anya's so different from her comic book counterpart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    My guess is because nothing relating to Anya being a hero involved her family in the cartoon. It was still nice too see someone from her family before the series ended though.
    I guess that sums up most of the relationships on the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, and I'm also glad spoilers:
    "Maria" turned out to be the Chameleon trying to f*** with Anya on behalf of Osborn.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, although it was kind of a convoluted twist (and character reference).