Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing this. Has the book been released yet?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Why does it say she is in High School. Isn't she in college?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why does it say she is in High School. Isn't she in college?
    From what I recall, the book is supposed to take place during her early adventures when she was still in high school.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    From what I recall, the book is supposed to take place during her early adventures when she was still in high school.
    Great (he said sarcastically)...why go forwards when you can go backwards.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I mean, it's an independent novel, they can basically do anything they want .

Yeah, it's pre-Spider-Girl Anya, not present Anya. Nothing wrong with that. No different to books like Joe Fixit and those other Hulk minis set in the past.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's pre-Spider-Girl Anya, not present Anya. Nothing wrong with that. No different to books like Joe Fixit and those other Hulk minis set in the past.
    Can’t help but feel Marvel is leaning a bit too much on stories set in the past lately. Nothing wrong with doing it every so often but this is becoming a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Can’t help but feel Marvel is leaning a bit too much on stories set in the past lately. Nothing wrong with doing it every so often but this is becoming a pattern.
    Maybe because they don't seem to have any solid ideas or direction in the present or for the future, or the ideas and direction they do have for the present and future have so many detractors, some more understandable than others, so banking on fans' nostalgia for "the good old days," whenever that might be, is a stopgap measure.

Extraordinary Member

It seems it is either that or major retcons do drive their stories like Moira's a mutant, Steve's and Bucky's origins being manipulated by the Outer Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe because they don't seem to have any solid ideas or direction in the present or for the future, or the ideas and direction they do have for the present and future have so many detractors, some more understandable than others, so banking on fans' nostalgia for "the good old days," whenever that might be, is a stopgap measure.
    Kinda sad that they’ve poisoned the well so badly that they have to pull the nostalgia card and take a trip down memory lane to the good old days. Gotta wonder, have they tried not leaning on controversy and actually give the fans what they want rather than what they feel they need? Seemed to work well for DC when it came to Wally.

Kinda sad that they’ve poisoned the well so badly that they have to pull the nostalgia card and take a trip down memory lane to the good old days. Gotta wonder, have they tried not leaning on controversy and actually give the fans what they want rather than what they feel they need? Seemed to work well for DC when it came to Wally.
    Wally West? Yeah, definitely, though that only happened once Dan DiDio was out at DC. Basically, there'll only be a meaningful recalibration at Marvel once there's a real shift in editorial or executive leadership.

Are you saying Cebulski needs to go? You know, it's a miracle he got the job in the first place after that Akira Yoshida fiasco.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are you saying Cebulski needs to go? You know, it's a miracle he got the job in the first place after that Akira Yoshida fiasco.
    Yes, and that alone was a disgrace, especially nowadays with all the (good and well-intentioned) energy around giving creative talent from underrepresented and marginalized communities and groups serious and genuine opportunities to prove themselves.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Spider-Gwen and Silk are fine characters I am sure, however rather than the umpteenth series for each of them, I really wish Marvel would invest in an Arana miniseries or series. Anya needs another run, it's been too long. (Plus she's got her snazzy new costume.)