Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Unless the character is intended in the writing or characterization to have a supermodel's figure and/or build (e.g. Mary Jane Watson, DC's Power Girl), I guess I just assume that the exacts are up to artistic license and assume that any female character will eventually be depicted as being more well-endowed then they "really" are.
    As far as I remember, only places where Anya got a more voluptous body were in covers (Which are made to be baits, I remember some X-Men blue issue where 15 year old Jean had big boobs in the cover, but in the comic itself she had a small chest, and I think both cover and comic had the same artist), otherwise she was consistently shown to have small boobs and whatnot, even with the many different art styles, so this one stands out, specially considering that Cindy and Gwen are in the same page and they have the right body proportions:

I think it's what I mentioned above, that dumbass mistake from Hispanic heritage thing put Julia by mistake with her old costume, and here we have Anya, with the wrong costume, and Julia's body proportions? Yeah I doubt that's a coincidence.

Also what's up with Gwen's costume? The white parts look weird, specially the hoodie.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Unless the character is intended in the writing or characterization to have a supermodel's figure and/or build (e.g. Mary Jane Watson, DC's Power Girl), I guess I just assume that the exacts are up to artistic license and assume that any female character will eventually be depicted as being more well-endowed then they "really" are.
    Something like that happening after a certain period of time? Sure.

Suddenly changing her physique from one issue to another? That's just lack of editorial oversight. Imagine reading the trade and one moment Anya looks like this

And a few pages later she looks like this

A thing I made for Dia de Muertos. Last part was very rushed, but at least got it on time

Co-starring Aracely and Robbie.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    A thing I made for Dia de Muertos. Last part was very rushed, but at least got it on time

Co-starring Aracely and Robbie.
    That's very cute. I like it, and yeah, Anya and Aracely teaming up would be awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Today, 10 years ago, Spider-Girl #1 was released.

Happy Anniversary .

Also, Melanie Minichino, Anya's cartoon VA, is in the Miles Morales game as a different character (for what that's worth).

Hard to believe it has been ten years already. Where does the time go?

Happy Anniversary Anya. I wish Marvel/Disney would do more with you.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

I haven’t had time to keep up with her. How is she fairing in the Kindred arc?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-17-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I haven’t had time to keep her. How is she fairing in the Kindred arc?
    She, and the rest of the Order of the Web, has spent the near entirety of the event being possessed by Kindred. They didn't got free of it until last week's issue, so let's see what the rest of the series does with them for what's left of the event.

Extraordinary Member

She, and the rest of the Order of the Web, has spent the near entirety of the event being possessed by Kindred. They didn't got free of it until last week's issue, so let's see what the rest of the series does with them for what's left of the event.
    Has she now been correctly drawn as herself and not Julia?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has she now been correctly drawn as herself and not Julia?
    Yeah, that was for one issue.

Speaking of, a few days ago I brought up the issue of Anya's whitewashing in recent years to Matthew Rosenberg. He responded that he will mention it to editorial. Hopefully it will lead to a more respectful depiction of Anya going on.

Speaking of, a few days ago I brought up the issue of Anya's whitewashing in recent years to Matthew Rosenberg. He responded that he will mention it to editorial. Hopefully it will lead to a more respectful depiction of Anya going on.
    That's respectable of Rosenberg, at the very least .

Huh, never noticed this somehow.

Hopefully a miracle happens and Marvel's editorial actually remembers this next time Anya has a glorified cameo, two years from now lol.

Truly a wonderful series. I have the entire 8-issue run (including the variant cover ):

ARANA: HERE COMES THE SPIDER-GIRL GN-TPB

Written by FIONA AVERY

Penciled by MARK BROOKS & ROGER CRUZ

Cover by MARK BROOKS

Out of the pages of AMAZING FANTASY comes a spectacular hero! She’s a wall-crawler for a whole new generation: Anya Corazon, A.K.A. Arana! When scrappy Brooklyn high school student Anya accidentally crosses paths with the mystical Spider Society, she finds herself empowered with a magical tattoo that generates a strange armored exoskeleton – and grants her amazing powers! But as Arana gets more and more involved with the Spider Society, she learns of their ancient, hidden war against a ruthless enemy. Will Arana become a Hunter? Can she keep her father, an inquisitive reporter, from learning the truth? And what happens when her brand-new archenemy transfers into her school?! Meet the modern marvel with the heart of the spider! Collecting AMAZING FANTASY (2004) #1-6 and ARANA #1-6.
    It comes out this week!