Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Probably a new one, or one of those fanmade Spider-Sonas that are going to be featured.

Variant by Allan Quah.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Probably a new one, or one of those fanmade Spider-Sonas that are going to be featured.

Variant by Allan Quah.
    Who's that Sword-Spider? Man, it can be so hard to keep track of those randoms...

Anyways, those tubes/scrolls are showing up pretty consistently across different artists (Though the appearance itself isn't exactly consistent), I do wonder if they'll be there to give Anya something cool and not be just random trinkets.

Also, I didn't notice before but:

It's interesting that she has four of those, but two on her left are purple, and the other two are green, if they're supposed to be some extra stuff Anya has to use, I think they'll both do different stuff.

Man if they're something for her to use and not just make the costume look prettier, I really hope they're magic related, and not some technology.

Don't really care about Slott, or alternate universes, or Spider-Verse stuff in general, but man, I'm, really considering to read this just to see what they'll do with Anya.

Also wasn't Noir dead? Did he come back at some point? Or is he coming back now?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Who's that Sword-Spider? Man, it can be so hard to keep track of those randoms...
    He is new, set to debut in this event too.

Anyways, those tubes/scrolls are showing up pretty consistently across different artists (Though the appearance itself isn't exactly consistent), I do wonder if they'll be there to give Anya something cool and not be just random trinkets.

Also, I didn't notice before but:

It's interesting that she has four of those, but two on her left are purple, and the other two are green, if they're supposed to be some extra stuff Anya has to use, I think they'll both do different stuff.

Man if they're something for her to use and not just make the costume look prettier, I really hope they're magic related, and not some technology.
    Yeah, same, I'm really intrigued of what they could be. New powers? Each one summons a different one?

Also wasn't Noir dead? Did he come back at some point? Or is he coming back now?
    He came back during the Spider-Verse mini that starred Miles, where Spider-Zero made her debut. It's explained that, due to the supernatural nature of his origin, he's basically immortal.

He is new, set to debut in this event too.
    https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/O3zi...mask_Beard.jpg
    Huh, so he's Scottish, didn't expect that lol.

Yeah, same, I'm really intrigued of what they could be. New powers? Each one summons a different one?
    Yeah, there are interesting possibilities.

Also I notice a while ago that she has lines tied up to her gloves, same line that's tied on her bolas.

Looks like the intention for this is to have the bolas replace the webs, and function like they did back in her Spider-Girl on-going, but now showing where she gets all the line for it, plus having two bolas instead of one, I like it, it's a practicality that looks interesting.

He came back during the Spider-Verse mini that starred Miles, where Spider-Zero made her debut. It's explained that, due to the supernatural nature of his origin, he's basically immortal.
    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/wp-...d-696x1057.jpg
    Ultimate Spidey is immortal 'cause of his science origin, and now Noir Spidey is immortal 'cause of his magic origin? Come on lol.

It's also weird Noir gets to be resurrected like that when a Spider-Deity resurrecting Spidey pissed off The Other, then again, that got retconned away and now The Other is what resurrected him (kinda)... Oh well, a headache for another day.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Edge of Spider-Verse #1 variant by Stephen Segovia.

And another one by Bengal!

Variant by Allan Quah.
    Loving all these new takes on Anya's new look as Arana.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Though that latest one has a mistake on it, as Anya's swinging on a web instead of the bolas cable. Her other hand is even in the web shooting position!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Today, 18 years ago, Anya made her first appearance in Amazing Fantasy #1!

To celebrate, a brand new variant cover fully confirming her return as Araña!

Extraordinary Member

So we’re all assuming “Spider-Girl” moniker is being saved for just Mayday again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though that latest one has a mistake on it, as Anya's swinging on a web instead of the bolas cable. Her other hand is even in the web shooting position!
    So the first preview just dropped, and it seems she'll have both the bolas AND webs!

We also have the creative team, Alex Segura and Caia Macado!

Wouldn't even be the first time a mistake like this is made, back in Sins Rising, Julia is shown using a regular web (It's white, she'd use her orange Psi-Webs), and in Last Remains, Jessica has a moment where she uses webs, despite being very firmly established she has no webs.

End of Last Remains has Cindy shooting a web from her wrist instead of her fingers, and it has Julia holding on Jessica to leave too.

Basically, laziness lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So we’re all assuming “Spider-Girl” moniker is being saved for just Mayday again.
    It's better this way, Anya losing "Araña" was always a bad idea.

So the first preview just dropped, and it seems she'll have both the bolas AND webs!
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...-resized-2.jpg

She also has the Araña tattoo, assuming this isn't an art mistake, does that mean she has both her old and new powers stacked on top of each other?

Potentially that could be kinda broken by Spider standards, though I doubt she'll do much with it lol.

Also what the hell is the point of having both webs and Bolas? It's redundant, though I guess Bolas can be used as a mace...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Looking spectacular there!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's better this way, Anya losing "Araña" was always a bad idea.
    Agreed. I've tried many times, but it never felt right (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. I've tried many times, but it never felt right (IMHO):

It works better in this one since he's calling her that as a light tease at least, which Anya started with the whole calling him "dad" thing.

Was silly that Grim Hunt was a reason to change costumes though, but hey...

I do wonder if it really means that Mayday will go back to "Spider-Girl", and if she doesn't, will 616 get yet another-nother Spider-Woman? I'll keep this possibility in mind.

In Jessica Drew's last series, she found out she had a brother (who's a villain), who has a daughter. And she created a costume for herself (she used it to help Jessica fight against her father) but doesn't have a codename yet. That's one possibility for the next Spider-Girl.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rebec...nd_(Earth-616)

Of course there's a possibility that Edge of/End of Spider-Verse will spawn one too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

In Jessica Drew's last series, she found out she had a brother (who's a villain), who has a daughter. And she created a costume for herself (she used it to help Jessica fight against her father) but doesn't have a codename yet. That's one possibility for the next Spider-Girl.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rebec...nd_(Earth-616)

Of course there's a possibility that Edge of/End of Spider-Verse will spawn one too.
    Or Mayday could simply just take the name Spider-Girl back. She only adapted the name Spider-Woman because she had to "grow up fast" to take care of her family in the wake of her father's death, but her father is alive again so need of the title.