Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Or Mayday could simply just take the name Spider-Girl back. She only adapted the name Spider-Woman because she had to "grow up fast" to take care of her family in the wake of her father's death, but her father is alive again so need of the title.
    And the less said about that story, the better.

More variants!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    More variants!

Very nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

They’re really going in on Araná now. I wonder if she’ll be in the Across the Spider-Verse movie and the Madame Webb movie?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-04-2022 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They’re really going in in Araná now. I wonder if she’ll be in the Across the Spider-Verse movie and the Madame Webb movie?
    It's possible. If she's not in Across the Spider-Verse, she might be in Beyond the Spider-Verse.

I'd be surprised if she's not. Also, I expect to see a massive expansion of the spider line next year - new books for Gwen, Silk, Jessica and Anya, plus a relaunch for Miles, all spinning out of End of Spider-Verse? Which of course is like what happened with the original Spider-Verse. Anya didn't get a new solo that time but the other girls did (along with 2099) - Spider-Gwen and Silk both having been created for the event. Since Anya's getting a major new status quo, she surely must be getting something this time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They’re really going in on Araná now. I wonder if she’ll be in the Across the Spider-Verse movie and the Madame Webb movie?
    It's speculated that Isabela Merced might play Anya in Madame Web. I honestly hope that's not the case. Having her making her movie debut by being someone else's sidekick by the writers of Morbius was the last thing I was hoping. I kinda smell they would go for a Cassandra Cain in Harley Quinn route for her. Nevermind that Anya has had more ongoing and minis than Madame Web (by oit Cassandra or Julia), so being reduced to a supporting here it's fairly insulting.

It would be great if she gets to appear in the Spider-Verse films, at least the first one proved itself to be of great quality, and these films are rooted on the idea of being a team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd be surprised if she's not. Also, I expect to see a massive expansion of the spider line next year - new books for Gwen, Silk, Jessica and Anya, plus a relaunch for Miles, all spinning out of End of Spider-Verse? Which of course is like what happened with the original Spider-Verse. Anya didn't get a new solo that time but the other girls did (along with 2099) - Spider-Gwen and Silk both having been created for the event. Since Anya's getting a major new status quo, she surely must be getting something this time.
    Yeah, I hope all the love she's gettig on the covers reflects what they'll do with her in the near future.

I would like to know who is behind the idea of making her Araña again. Was it Slott? Or Alex Segura? Or maybe someone higher up in Marvel? If it was a pitch, I imagine it must have a been a very strong one, since they're completely rebranding the character and making her the most prominent character in the covers.

It's speculated that Isabela Merced might play Anya in Madame Web. I honestly hope that's not the case. Having her making her movie debut by being someone else's sidekick by the writers of Morbius was the last thing I was hoping. I kinda smell they would go for a Cassandra Cain in Harley Quinn route for her. Nevermind that Anya has had more ongoing and minis than Madame Web (by oit Cassandra or Julia), so being reduced to a supporting here it's fairly insulting.
    Now imagine Anya is not in this, but is instead a supporting character in El Muerto's movie .

Yeah, I hope all the love she's gettig on the covers reflects what they'll do with her in the near future.

I would like to know who is behind the idea of making her Araña again. Was it Slott? Or Alex Segura? Or maybe someone higher up in Marvel? If it was a pitch, I imagine it must have a been a very strong one, since they're completely rebranding the character and making her the most prominent character in the covers.
    It is surprising how much she's showing up in these covers, while Anya is not unpopular, she's a niche character even by Spider-Women standards.

She'll likely have a role in one of the upcoming movies, but if so, if she's part of Spider-Verse, it's surprising they haven't announced anything yet, considering Julia is already confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Huh.

So I googled Araña and Alex Segura to see if he has previously talked about her. I couldn't find anything like that, but what I did find was a listing in foreign sites about a upcoming novel called Araña: Dark Tomorrow, written by him. It's apparently set to be released in September. No cover yet.

Huh.

So I googled Araña and Alex Segura to see if he has previously talked about her. I couldn't find anything like that, but what I did find was a listing in foreign sites about a upcoming novel called Araña: Dark Tomorrow, written by him. It's apparently set to be released in September. No cover yet.
    Huh, nice find!

Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, nice find!
    Indeed. If her role in Spider-Verse is going to be setup for or concurrent with her starring in her own novel . . . that would be excellent.

I'm just noticing that Anya will be on tje Spider-Laird story.

It seems she, alongside Julia and the new Spider-Uk (I guess?) are the ones who are recruiting the new spiders.

I also wonder if the events from today's Carnage might tie to EoSV?
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 07-06-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Random cloaks are random .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Random cloaks are random .
    Random cloaks with web patterns too, is that the fashion sense in Spider-Laird's world and they just decided to pick from there, or is this something the Spiders themselves came up with?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I'm just noticing that Anya will be on tje Spider-Laird story.

It seems she, alongside Julia and the new Spider-Uk (I guess?) are the ones who are recruiting the new spiders.
    Not sure what makes you think it's a new Spider-UK, that mask isn't showing any UK flag influence.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman