Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

I really like the new Anya costume, I never cared for her wearing a retooled Spider-Woman costume. Her original suit was a lot more unique and this is a nice update of it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I really like the new Anya costume, I never cared for her wearing a retooled Spider-Woman costume. Her original suit was a lot more unique and this is a nice update of it.
    I agree, it didn't match Anya's personality at all. This one looks more like her. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I agree, it didn't match Anya's personality at all. This one looks more like her. I like it a lot.
    I concur. I'll always love the OG version, but the new one is starting to grow on me (XD)

The original was basically street clothes, hence the sneakers. The new one is a proper costume which has a similar design. It's probably similar to how it would've evolved if she'd always kept her original powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The original was basically street clothes, hence the sneakers. The new one is a proper costume which has a similar design. It's probably similar to how it would've evolved if she'd always kept her original powers.
    Yea, I personally prefer the new one to her original since I’m not really a fan of a character having street cloths as their costume beyond their prototype phase. It’s the same reason that I found that when they changed Jessica’s costume, that they new one was a downgrade from previous one. Only part I’m not really a fan of is the random scarf she has on her neck as it feels out of place.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea, I personally prefer the new one to her original since I’m not really a fan of a character having street cloths as their costume beyond their prototype phase. It’s the same reason that I found that when they changed Jessica’s costume, that they new one was a downgrade from previous one. Only part I’m not really a fan of is the random scarf she has on her neck as it feels out of place.
    Maybe, although it kind of reminds me of the original Kamen Rider, and given that Anya's carapace, whenever it fully manifested with her wearing her goggles, made her resemble Kamen Rider a fair amount . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It actually seems to be a Mexican chal or rebozo, a traditional Mexican garment. It has the peculiarity of being used as a traditional chal or as a scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It actually seems to be a Mexican chal or rebozo, a traditional Mexican garment. It has the peculiarity of being used as a traditional chal or as a scarf.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I honestly did not know that.

Huh.

So I googled Araña and Alex Segura to see if he has previously talked about her. I couldn't find anything like that, but what I did find was a listing in foreign sites about a upcoming novel called Araña: Dark Tomorrow, written by him. It's apparently set to be released in September. No cover yet.
    Finally a update on this!

Araña & Spider-Man 2099: Dark Tomorrow is set to release on May!

Extraordinary Member

I still wonder if Araná will be in Across the Spider-Verse?
    Or Beyond the Spider-Verse?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I still wonder if Araná will be in Across the Spider-Verse?
    Or Beyond the Spider-Verse?
    I hope so. Also, can I get a "Shock, yeah!" for Arana and Spider-Man 2099 teaming up across time? Come to think of it, it would be cool if Miguel O'Hara ended up taking Arana, Miles, and even Aracnido, Jr. under his web as their mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I hope so. Also, can I get a "Shock, yeah!" for Arana and Spider-Man 2099 teaming up across time? Come to think of it, it would be cool if Miguel O'Hara ended up taking Arana, Miles, and even Aracnido, Jr. under his web as their mentor.
    616 Peter needs to do better
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that the creator or Aracnido Jr has been leaning towards comicsgate and constantly goes on homophobic rants and fights with other comic writers (particularly Gail Simone) I highly doubt we will ever see Aracnido again.

Oh hey, Miguel .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    616 Peter needs to do better
    Yes, he does.

Considering that the creator or Aracnido Jr has been leaning towards comicsgate and constantly goes on homophobic rants and fights with other comic writers (particularly Gail Simone) I highly doubt we will ever see Aracnido again.
    Really? For shame.