Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    So far, I've got Spider-Girl, Amazing Spider-Girl, her story in Avengers Assemble, Fear Itself: The Home Front, Young Allies, Avengers Academy: Giant-Size, and Spider-Girls. Am I missing anything? Is it too much for one custom bind?
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. Maybe add in Onslaught Unleashed, which was the conclusion to Young Allies. More a Rikki Barnes story than anything, but with the recent development of Rikki maybe it might play a bit in the future and go deeper into their relationship.

Maybe also the last issue of Spider-Geddon (was it 5 or 6?) which is a conclusion of Spider-Girls and potentially introduced a new power of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Web Warriors - she was the team leader.
    Debatable. Although she's part of the team and eventually the leader, she doesn't really do much through the series. Then there's Spider-Geddon which seemingly retcons Anya out of the team. I really wouldn't recommend this series if it's for Anya alone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. Maybe add in Onslaught Unleashed, which was the conclusion to Young Allies. More a Rikki Barnes story than anything, but with the recent development of Rikki maybe it might play a bit in the future and go deeper into their relationship.

Maybe also the last issue of Spider-Geddon (was it 5 or 6?) which is a conclusion of Spider-Girls and potentially introduced a new power of her.

Debatable. Although she's part of the team and eventually the leader, she doesn't really do much through the series. Then there's Spider-Geddon which seemingly retcons Anya out of the team. I really wouldn't recommend this series if it's for Anya alone.
    Wait! How did it retcon her from the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wait! How did it retcon her from the team?
    The whole build up towards Spider-Geddon shows the Web Warriors sans Anya. Take for instance, this pic from the issue right before Spider-Geddon starts:

You can see both Hobbie and Octavia, who weren't original members, but no Anya. This wasn't isolated, again every appearance of the WW right before Spider-Geddon entirely omits Anya, even the WW variant cover.

By the time the event starts, this was the first reference there is to Anya:

So the last reference there is to Anya goes back to Spider-Verse instead of Web Warriors. Everyone just acts like if the last time they saw Anya was during that event.

There really isn't any reference to Anya being a member of the team until the Ghost-Spider issues where she attends Nilly's funeral. Speaking of, she feels very emotionally disconnected from his death, weird considering she was the closest to him.

We're never given any explanation about Anya wasn't part of the Web Warriors during the build up and during Spider-Geddon itself. And May's comments seem to imply that they haven't seen Anya in a long time. So either there's a secret story that probably no one will tell, or she was just outright retconned out of the team.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 06-26-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks Spider-Chan! So I've got her ongoing series, the Spider-Island mini, Young Allies and its conclusion, Onslaught Unleashed, her stint in Avengers Assemble, Fear Itself: The Home Front, Avengers Academy Giant-Size, Spider-Girls, and material from the last issue of Spider-Geddon. You're saying all of these are good stories for her solo run, right?

Extraordinary Member

When did the mini with Anya, Mayday and Annie May take place?

When did the mini with Anya, Mayday and Annie May take place?
    That was during Spider-Geddon!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    By the time the event starts, this was the first reference there is to Anya:

So the last reference there is to Anya goes back to Spider-Verse instead of Web Warriors. Everyone just acts like if the last time they saw Anya was during that event.

There really isn't any reference to Anya being a member of the team until the Ghost-Spider issues where she attends Nilly's funeral. Speaking of, she feels very emotionally disconnected from his death, weird considering she was the closest to him.

We're never given any explanation about Anya wasn't part of the Web Warriors during the build up and during Spider-Geddon itself. And May's comments seem to imply that they haven't seen Anya in a long time. So either there's a secret story that probably no one will tell, or she was just outright retconned out of the team.
    Come to think of it, why did Peter use Anya's original codename there? She's been Spider-Girl for about a decade now - the transition was in Young Allies, after she got the costume at the end of Amazing Spider-Man: Grim Hunt, the storyline that killed off Mattie Franklin and turned Julia Carpenter into Madame Web. A Peter definitely knows all this, as in Young Allies, the reason Anya changes her codename is that everyone, including him and Jessica Drew, were calling her that, because she was a teenager in a Spider-Woman costume and her original name isn't the easiest to say.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-26-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^ That's not Peter, that's May. Still weird, though, since she only knows this version of Anya as Spider-Girl.

Furthermore emphasizing that Anya got retconned out from WW, since May doesn't know her enough to know that she goes by Spider-Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Thanks Spider-Chan! So I've got her ongoing series, the Spider-Island mini, Young Allies and its conclusion, Onslaught Unleashed, her stint in Avengers Assemble, Fear Itself: The Home Front, Avengers Academy Giant-Size, Spider-Girls, and material from the last issue of Spider-Geddon. You're saying all of these are good stories for her solo run, right?
    Yeah, I would say that covers everything since she became Spider-Girl.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 06-26-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What are the odds of her being in the next Into The Spider-verse movie?

Also, has Anya met Miles yet?

What are the odds of her being in the next Into The Spider-verse movie?
    I would give it a 50/50 chance. One of the writers has reference her on twitter, but I guess it'll all depend on what kind of story they want to tell. They've already mentioned that they want to adapt Sitting on a Tree so I imagine that if they introduce Anya there will be a inevitable love triangle.
    Also, has Anya met Miles yet?
    In comics? No, not really. I mean, I'm sure they've met but there has never been on-panel interaction between them. This is the closest they've ever been in comics:

In the cartoon, however, they're friends and are close to each other.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Personally, I'd be fine with Anya going back to Arana, as it's a great callback to her heritage that also alludes to her totemic association without being another "Spider-prefix." These days, if people don't know how to pronounce someone's given or chosen name, they should (at least try to) learn how as a show of basic respect or courtesy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

What’s she referred to in the Spider-Man cartoon?

^ Spider-Girl

^^ Yeah, I also prefer Araņa and her reasoning to change was badly handled. I don't think that nowadays they can pull something like that, if you had a character change their ethnic name because "no one could pronounce it correctly" you would expect a lot of backlash on social media.

Wait, she changed it legally too? I thought she just added the y so people would pronounce it correctly.

No, I'm talking about Araņa. That's literally the explanation about why she changed to Spider-Girl.

Her name is still Aņa.