Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

5vs5 arena fights apparently, mostly online pvp it seems.

Meh...sounds like a pass for me so far but let's wait.

Explains why it is only $40.

Pass.

Call me when we get a X-Wing/TIE Fighter type game.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Speaking of, i bought on GoG and played some Tie Fighter not so long ago and i truly had a great time.

Of course visually it is as outdated as it can but if you can past that, there is a gem of a game there.

I played it with a damn ps4 pad and weirdly enough the pad is great for that game.

But well, i don't even hope for a new game like that. I don't think that there is any chance for that to happen.

Well, there's a Wing Commander game in the works that's not arcade like Arena was.

Not Star Wars but that was a cool series, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

All-New Member

While it does seem multiplayer focused, there will be a single-player campaign and they have announced HOTAS support. Also, no micro-transactions of any kind.

Something really cool they added to B2 and actually made me play the game again is a coop mode.

That would be cool if something like that is in the game.

But a solo campaign? Meh, i don't care. That something you are going to do once, finish in not even 5 hours and never touch again.

People are crazy, they are going to complain like crazy if there isn't a campaign when most of them isn't even going to bother finish it lol.

iMan 42s

So from the recent gameplay trailer it looks like I was completely right with the re-usage of assets now being confirmed. I can't tell if some of the starfighters are new models or old ones but from the current models it looks like at least three of the rebel head models will indeed be carrying over and there's also parts of the Death Star 2 debris from Battlefront 2's campaign. Stormtroopers seen in the background are also still the ROTJ versions.

We also have a better look at customization with rebel outfits being different colors and presumably being the A and Y wing costumes but the Empire has the most unique suits.

The TIE pilot appears to be a slightly altered Rogue One costume, the helmet being slightly different and some of them appear to have what looks like a Stormtrooper ammo belt with the drop boxes.
    For everyone that saw the SOLO deleted scene of Han in the costume it seems we're actually getting that. A pilot in red can be seen wearing it also next to the ACE costume from the pre-order. Pilots seem to also have new markings in addition to the guy with the red markings from the prior trailer. We should be seeing all of this in some sort of hub area which may explain why we can see some pilots in screen shots with hoses taken out since they wouldn't need it outside the ship. We can also see some wearing shoulder pads simmilar to that of the stormtrooper.

I also spotted a continuity error and one they should've caught since this is a starfighter focused game. You can see the TIE reserve in the background in a lighter black jumpsuit and the default appears to be Rogue One with it's nylon suit. The jumpsuit for the Reserve is in reality the exact same suit as the pilot. All the reserve has to do is put on the chest armor and helmet. It's also a different material which isn't an issue for multiple costumes especially since we of course wont see pilots get called in but it's still weird they somehow screwed that up.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Looks fun to me. However I do think it's a good idea to be concerned with the possibility of microtransactions. Even if none have been announced yet it doesn't mean they won't happen. I would like to think EA learned from thier mistake. Like the song goes though once bitten twice shy.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The current fear is that EA might pull an Activision and they could add micro-transactions later via some stupid reasoning to 'help' play, BUT you have to remember that Disney is probably watching this game closely after the BF2 incident so EA won't be able to get away with as much as they usually can. Cosmetics for pilots and ships is the most likely area.

I like the fact that you can decide your appearance in the story campaign for both pilots and also that the Capital Fleets mode is available in single player too, plus having a VR option at launch is awesome. It's looking like a contender for a Christmas List option since it's going to be cheaper than a typical game anyway, though I will see what the verdict is like in October first.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Something really cool they added to B2 and actually made me play the game again is a coop mode.

That would be cool if something like that is in the game.

But a solo campaign? Meh, i don't care. That something you are going to do once, finish in not even 5 hours and never touch again.

People are crazy, they are going to complain like crazy if there isn't a campaign when most of them isn't even going to bother finish it lol.
    I care. Story campaigns are like an interactive Star Wars movie, and I quite enjoyed Battlefront 2's campaign. I will agree that it's easy to play them just once, but if you had fun playing them it's good. Since I am hoping to get VR sometime in 2021 I could easily see myself replaying Squadrons' campaign for the VR experience.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 06-19-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    BUT you have to remember that Disney is probably watching this game closely
    And we are supposed to believe that Disney is less greedy than EA?

iMan 42s

Last I checked Disney doesn't have an "ultimate team" counterpart so..., yeah.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Disney is the one who actually owns the brand so if EA messes it up as they did with BF2 you can be sure that they will have something to say.

So far everything seems to be going well for the game.

This gives me immense hope that we’re not getting another Imperials POV always defect story...

I like how the Imp has this kind of smooth, commanding, villainous voice yet you still kind of like him too .