Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, first review are out and it doesn't seem so bad. Long campain (8/10 hours) and a solo content not so bad.

The review i read was in French so i wont bother to put a link but i guess lot of reviews in English can be found lol.

iMan 42s

I wont be posting too much of my thoughts on the story but the game as of right now is broken as it comes down to PVP let alone the A.I.

The Rebels (or New Republic) frankly have the better ships outright meaning you're only playing as the Empire if you;
    A. Hate yourself
    B. Wanna play Empire
    C. Don't know any better.

The idea here is that the Empire deals more damage where the Rebels have survivability. However it seems nobody actually play-tested the damn thing because Rebel ships can tank a ton of damage and easily wreck TIE fighters. TIE fighters can do damage but the ttk is simply to high compared to an X wing or even an A wing meaning match ups actually end up being one sided. While this could be seen to some degree as on brand for the lore, this just isn't conducive to a 5v5 match up where the Rebels simply have faster, stronger, and more durable ships. Like how did it take this long for the Empire to lose if the armor is as durable as aluminum foil?

The A.I is also a bit too intense because if you think the A.I will give you a break HA! This actually makes fleet battles damn near impossible to complete.

The game also has a customization screen that I have no idea why they implemented. The game forces us into VR even if you don't have a VR headset. So if you say want to explore the hangar orthe rest of your cruiser/star destroyer NOPE. We're locked into first person and have to choose pre-set points to move... so why wasn't this a menu? Why build this whole space that players would want to explore and NOT use it. We can't even rotate our character models.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The Rebels (or New Republic) frankly have the better ships
    Well, at least it's true to the lore lol.

I started yesterday the republic campaign, so far so not so bad.

Gameplay wise, i don't know, that's good but damn, the commands are stiff as F. At this point it's a 6/10 game i would say, for me.

Why after Endor though? Could have been a cool campaign somewhere between Hoth and Endor.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 10-03-2020 at 09:56 AM.

iMan 42s

While the Republic should have better ships in terms of shielding, the Empire just deals too little damage to actually do anything. You can actually fly behind an x-wing for a solid minute firing on them and it wont pop the shield. Basically everything but Ion weapons is useless in this regard and Ion weapons barely do any hull damage. So fights become one sided since it's not like the Empire can even fight back. Sure I could use missiles but everyone uses the chaff ability and only don't when they're out or didn't notice the prompt. I really don't know who was in charge of balancing but they fucked up because unless you're playing New Republic it's unplayable in multiplayer.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Let's hope for some patch soon.

One interesting point they brought up in the campaign is that to get ride of the senate was a bad move from the Empire.

Good point when you think about it.

man, the tie is a joy to fly around.

Getting rid of the senate was done since they now had the Death Star....but then they lost that they largely fought the war and governed the galaxy without one for the remainder of the OT pretty much (The second was still largely stuck in place and was at least partially intended as a lure for the Rebels).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

A cool detail in this game is the Sith Eternal. The TIEs can be outfitted with the Sith Eternal decal as well as the explanation for the red TIE is that they're serving Palpatine on secret missions. The red gear is also awarded to pilots who proved loyalty to him. It's an interesting point here since we know the Sith Eternal are active and is probably the earliest we've seen this faction in canon. While the red gear doesn't specify if it's Sith Eternal, the TIE fighter does hold implications this being the case.

Of course the old red TIE fighters had been used his royal guard in Legends but the Disney era does have a cool way of bringing this back.

People have been saying this game is way better that it ought to be.

I gave it a hard pass.

Should I try it?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Looks like they also tie the game heavily into the Aftermath novels with Sloane and the Starhawks showing up from what I've read.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like they also tie the game heavily into the Aftermath novels with Sloane and the Starhawks showing up from what I've read.
    Sloane is the boss above your boss as an Imperial, that there will be other Starhawks coming off the production line is acknowledged. The storyline never acknowledges Operation Cinder though, even though it acknowledged Iden Versio has already defected.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    People have been saying this game is way better that it ought to be.

I gave it a hard pass.

Should I try it?
    If you enjoy multiplayer online arena fights, then yes, totally.

If you plan to just stay on the solo side of things, then no. The campaign is long enough to be fair, but beside that there is not much to do really if you don't plan to play online. (there is a fleet battle mode against AI but it's getting old real fast)