Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Until we get some actual news, what's there to talk about?

Dr. Strange is doing solid sales at least! Might help the case for more supernatural presence in the MU. No news on Blade yet.
    Howling Commandos of SHIELD? Scarlet Witch? It's strange, but for all the protestations about the lack of supernatural, there isn't actually a lot of talk of it. Even with all the Dr. Strange push, his appreciation thread was more active before the movie or book. Maybe everyone's busy? I love the character, but I have been a bit busy, and honestly, too disappointed with his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know. This is effectively a dead thread.

And these birthday things are a) thread necromancy, b) off topic, and c) deserving of their own thread .
    How are they off topic? I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of this thread is -- to complain about the lack of supernatural books? To list books or characters folks want to see? To appreciate old supernatural titles?

I don't see anything wrong with resurrecting a thread, if one is posting content, and I like the birthday posts, even if I don't respond immediately. They remind me of creators or books I enjoyed in the past, and sometimes that sparks immediate conversation.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Howling Commandos of SHIELD? Scarlet Witch? It's strange, but for all the protestations about the lack of supernatural, there isn't actually a lot of talk of it. Even with all the Dr. Strange push, his appreciation thread was more active before the movie or book. Maybe everyone's busy? I love the character, but I have been a bit busy, and honestly, too disappointed with his book.
    I'll be the first to admit Howling Commandos went a mile over my head as far as interest goes. As for Scarlet Witch, she really doesn't exist in the same world as Strange, Ghost Rider or Blade for me personally, which is more what I mean when I say Supernatural, though I was planning on looking more into that title somewhere down the line, maybe there will be a push to change that an perhaps distance herself from the more "Avengery" tales.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I'll be the first to admit Howling Commandos went a mile over my head as far as interest goes. As for Scarlet Witch, she really doesn't exist in the same world as Strange, Ghost Rider or Blade for me personally, which is more what I mean when I say Supernatural, though I was planning on looking more into that title somewhere down the line, maybe there will be a push to change that an perhaps distance herself from the more "Avengery" tales.
    I understand exactly what you mean on both counts. I didn't care for the premise of Howling Commandos either, especially attached to SHIELD. It seems Marvel no longer has any idea what horror or supernatural or magic means. Now, they repeatedly try to make the characters / books superheroes, and then wonder why they don't work.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'd like to see some spandex-free supernatural books. They can still be set firmly in the mainstream MU (make character/event references, use fringe characters currently in creative limbo, etc.) without having to involve any of the mainstream superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I'd like to see some spandex-free supernatural books. They can still be set firmly in the mainstream MU (make character/event references, use fringe characters currently in creative limbo, etc.) without having to involve any of the mainstream superhero community.
    I agree. I don't recall any spandex in the Dracula book, except for Dr. Strange, who wasn't really part of the spandex crowd either. Magic shouldn't be treated like a super-power, or the awfulness from the movie, just an advanced science.

This wasn't a problem back in the day, when books could tell their own stories, without having to be part of an event every year, twice a year, to survive.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Douglas Moench!!!

Two original Werewolf by Night stories in this giant-size comic. In the first, the werewolf battles Morbius the Living Vampire. In the second, Jack Russell falls victim to an ancient cult, who learn the hard way you shouldn’t pick on a werewolf. This comic also includes a story reprinted from Adventures into Terror #6. Written by Doug Moench. Artwork by Virgil Redondo and Yong Montano.

Incredible Member

Seriously would love to see Marvel crank out a decent Midnight Son's series, would be a great way to bring Danny back into the field even if they don't want him to be a Spirit of Vengeance. Seems like it would be a good group for characters like either of the original Ghost Riders, Morbius, Elsa Bloodstone, Jack Russell, etc. since none of them are really being used, hell even Moon Knight could probably work out there provided they keep him dealing with supernatural problems. For that matter why not have them working for Doctor Strange?

BANNED

Post Are We Seeing The Return Of Daimon Hellstrom To Marvel In A Big Way? To Netflix Even?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...-netflix-even/
    At the end of this article it is written;
    "As Patsy Walker’s ex boyfriend in the comics, could he be turning up in Jessica Jones season 2?"

If so, I am all for it!

Blade continues to be disrespected at the comics level. It's shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...-netflix-even/
    At the end of this article it is written;
    "As Patsy Walker’s ex boyfriend in the comics, could he be turning up in Jessica Jones season 2?"

If so, I am all for it!
    This is interesting. They were building something with Hellstrom for a bit and then dropped it completely. First teasing his "return" way back when New Avengers fought Agamotto and he was supposedly "dead" and then again during Agent Venom, where he was mischaracterized. And then mischaracterized again in Avengers Underground (from what I hear).
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Blade continues to be disrespected at the comics level. It's shameful.
    The books got a new artist and they're pressing on. good news, yes?

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Marvel's supernatural was what got me into comics in the first place, especially the Midnight Sons/Morbius.

I could go on a long rant about how much of an impact it had on me, but I'll try to keep it short instead. If I had never picked up a Morbius comic, I would never have thought of comics as a medium capable of literary depth, adult entertainment (and I mean that in the sense of actual maturity and not treating children like they can't handle anything beyond saving the lolipop kingdom or that teens need constant T&A to keep reading). DCAU, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, any Marvel Movies, Earth's Mightiest cartoon...none of those would be as appreciated or loved if I hadn't picked up an issue of Morbius one day (and I've got to say it also helped me healthwise a bit too).

It gave me an appreciation for comics, a desire to study comics, started my interest to write comics, and to someday see the character finally treated with some literary respect someday (like I'd ever be popular enough for that to be considered seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    The books got a new artist and they're pressing on. good news, yes?
    very good. just hopefully it will be worth the wait.

BANNED

I hope it will be worth the wait as well since Blade is deserving of respect at the comics level.

BANNED

It would be something new and exciting for the character IMO.